Anyone else had a coil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mollysmanicure

Reaction score
I know this a bit personal, but I had a coil fitted this morning, it was really really uncomfortable and now I have terrible cramps, I'm actually doubled over in pain! :( just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Hi was it a mirena?

I had a Mirena coil fitted - very badly I might add - and had nothing but problems with it. Periods got worse, pains got worse, bleeding got worse and the worst part was because of the ill fitting, I couldn't have any intimacy with my husband as it would hurt him also!!

Nip back to your docs or local family planning hun and ask them to check the fit etc Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Yeah it was a mirena, the doc said it would be a bit more painful because I haven't had any children. I debt have a very good pain threshold so I dont kno if I'm being a bit dramatic?
Thanks, I'll wait till 2moro and see if it's still as bad. X

huya hun i got it done 2 years ago

I've had no problems whatsoever - all good. yes having it fitted was pretty brutal and they dont prepare you for it but by tomorrow youll hopefully just feel a little crampy.

dont forget how invasive what they did is!! No wonder you are in pain. I felt very sorry for myself the first day but the next 2 days were mild cramps xxx

ps i dont have kids either - i told a client of mine who has a coil and she was amazed that i did it cos obv its a bit sorer if nothing has come out of that area yet!

I've had the standard coil and although had discomfort and break through bleeding for about 5 weeks I wouldn't be without it now. Just persevere, most of your symptoms are normal. :hug: x

Thanks guys! I was just saying I think it's because it's my first one and I don't have any friends that have had one so I didn't really have anyone that could tell me wat it would be like.
I'm just goin to chill 2day I think and it'll prob b better later on. X

Hi ktnotkatie what you are feeling is perfectly normal. Ive had 2 kids and I had the 10 year coil fitted back in September. The actual fitting didn't hurt but a few hours later I was in a lot of pain and had bad cramps for a few days after. Just rest up and try not to lift anything or do too much, I made the mistake of going to tesco to do the shopping which made my pains worse.

i too got cramps more like period pains than anything else if your worried defo go back. Because my pains wasnt bad i didnt go back and it fell out 3 months later. xlol the nurse told me i should have gone back and had it checked.xx but some discomfort is normal as they have just placed a clamp inside you to hold everything still lol.x hope you feel better soon. hot water bottle and warm milk always helps me.xx or a hot choc with cream marshmellows and maltizers yum yum.xx

fell out?? Think I went back 2 weeks later for a routine check up. or maybe it was 6 weeks. but anyway I went back for a routine check :) xx

Just as some of the other ladies on have said. . it is a fairly unpleasant procedure (had mine fitted a couple of years ago) and I seem to remember feeling almost like I'd had a minor op and was a bit sickly and very crampy all day. However!! Once all settles down the benefits I have had have been nothing less than life changing, seriously!! No more periods, no more accidents when you are out an about and no more anaemia so my energy levels have increased enormously!!
Have a warm cozy day with lots of relaxation and some pain killers if necessary a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel on your tummy might help but meanwhile do some nice deep breathing, eat lots of choccie and get lots of attention and pampering from your loved ones!!

i too got cramps more like period pains than anything else if your worried defo go back. Because my pains wasnt bad i didnt go back and it fell out 3 months later. xlol the nurse told me i should have gone back and had it checked.xx but some discomfort is normal as they have just placed a clamp inside you to hold everything still lol.x hope you feel better soon. hot water bottle and warm milk always helps me.xx or a hot choc with cream marshmellows and maltizers yum yum.xx
Hot choc, cream, marshmellows and maltesers are the best advice ever!!! And the tastiest!!! You've made me hungry now!!

not sure if you all had the same but she put the measuring thing in me and i near hit the roof and she said in the most calm voice ever "oh was a bit uncomfortable? I'll pop some topical anaesthetic on" I was like listen hen you just rammed a ruler into my womb, topical stuff wont cut it!!

went home, into bed watched a movie and ate ice cream :D

Can't say that I have. ;)

Mat

Think i must have been really lucky. Had mine fitted 5 years ago and never felt a thing. No more periods and woudnt even know it was there. I went to the coil clinic so i suppose they are doing them all day long and are very experienced. Geting mine changed on tuesday so hope i have the same luck.:)

Iv had a copper coil fitted after having an abortion :(((
Everything's well apart from my 3 day period has risen to 10-14 days.. I didn't want a mirena coz it makes you gain weight... It was uncomfortable rather than painful (as I already got 2 kids)
If it's getting unbearable then you should pay a visit to the doc!
Did they tell you that it can perforate thru and into your stomach.. Which I think happens only when they are inserting it .. But I'm not sure..
Hope everything goes well for you.. xx

I had a Mirena coil fitted - very badly I might add - and had nothing but problems with it. Periods got worse, pains got worse, bleeding got worse and the worst part was because of the ill fitting, I couldn't have any intimacy with my husband as it would hurt him also!!

Nip back to your docs or local family planning hun and ask them to check the fit etc Hope you feel better soon xxxx

I had exactly the same prob with mine. It was awful and had it taken out after 3 very uncomfortable months :0( hubby then had snip! :0)

Such a shame the results are so
Varied! Mine is a dream!

not sure if you all had the same but she put the measuring thing in me and i near hit the roof and she said in the most calm voice ever "oh was a bit uncomfortable? I'll pop some topical anaesthetic on" I was like listen hen you just rammed a ruler into my womb, topical stuff wont cut it!!

went home, into bed watched a movie and ate ice cream :D

:lol: sorry to laugh at your pain, but it made me giggle.

I've got a mirena. After having two sproglets come along when i was on the pill, i thought it was time to try something new!!

Its fairly painful to have fitted, probably less for mothers because we've already been through the most horrific pain in the world, nothing else feels so bad :lol:

Strangely, i nearly passed out about 10 minutes after having mine fitted!!

It took a couple of month to settle down completely and is fine now.

Although.... i hate having it!! Its done wonders for my periods and i dont have any problems with it, I just have a bit of a weird hatred of the idea of having some thingy squished in my insides.... even reading the thread made me feel a bit queazy!!! :eek: i'm off to not think about it until i recover xxx

Latest posts

Back