Anyone else have absolute nightmare weeks?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb78

Reaction score
This isn't really a question as such, more of a "please tell me I'm not the only one"...

... Last week I had a tan go totally wrong (I asked for advice on here, thank you, was very helpful), I've had some probs with my Shellac nails (although think that is an equipment issue rather than me, but still annoying) and then today, I was doing a bikini wax (have done a few before, but to be fair, its not something I do a lot of) and that went totally wrong... got the sides off ok, but couldn't get the underneath off at all. The client (who thankfully was a friend) is very slim and I almost had truble getting round her bones (if that makes sense!)... the hair was just clogging up with wax and not coming out. I had to give up in the end, I was so embarressed as I although she is a friend, I just felt totally useless. But she was getting redder and redder and I thought I was going to really hurt her.

I'm not young or just out of college and have been doing nails and beauty for years (although only recently trained in waxing)... but after last weeks tan and now this, you know when you just feel totally rubbish at your job?!! I feel silly feeling so down in the dumps about it, but blimey... it's not my week at all!! :irked:

Dont feel silly. we all have our off days lord knows i have em!! Just count to ten and remember tomorrow is another day.

plus you noticed that you were going wrong and stopped before it got worse (with the waxing i mean) and thats a good thing.

plus in between clients when you have a moment if you feel things are going wrong come on here - we'll all help troubleshoot - and maybe you just need a rant.

keep your chin up and don't let today (or the things that went wrong) take over and keep thinking about them. let it go otherwise more things will go wrong. (law of attraction and all that).

hth xxxx

I think beauty or not we all have days or weeks like that once in a while :)

The waxing dilemma - what wax were you using out of interest? I've not had any problems with wax getting clogged up but I guess it could depend on what you were using maybe?

I think beauty or not we all have days or weeks like that once in a while :)

The waxing dilemma - what wax were you using out of interest? I've not had any problems with wax getting clogged up but I guess it could depend on what you were using maybe?

It was just normal warm wax, so probably not the best for bikini waxes maybe?? I only trained in waxing recently (never needed it before as I was mobile, but when I opened my own salon start of this year, thought I had better learn properly) and bikini waxing was just part of a two day course - I'm wondering if I should do a more detailed course specifically for bikini waxing... that's how it's got me feeling, don't want to do another one... how silly am I being eh!! :rolleyes:

Converting to hot wax for bikini waxing was the best thing I did, made waxing so much easier.

Warm wax does clog up in the hair whereas hot wax straight off.

I now prefer to do hollywoods rather than a full Leg wax, never thought I would say that, I used to dread hollywoods.

So keep at it and before you know it it will all just happen naturally for you.

Converting to hot wax for bikini waxing was the best thing I did, made waxing so much easier.

Warm wax does clog up in the hair whereas hot wax straight off.

I now prefer to do hollywoods rather than a full Leg wax, never thought I would say that, I used to dread hollywoods.

So keep at it and before you know it it will all just happen naturally for you.

Tina, will pm you as I have been looking for someone to do Hollywood in my area (well I'm still trying to work out if I'm brave enough!!) I live in Leighton Buzzard - do you cover there? Want someone quite confident in doing them as it will be my very first time *scared*

Like other geeks have said we all have 'those days' that why salon geek is so good (its my safety net!) reassurance and advice straight away! Hopefully everything goes up from hear, take the bad with a pinch of salt (and a glass of wine) and don't let it cloud your mind! xx

Yes we do all have one of those days or weeks. Dust yourself down tomoro is another day and it might just be a fantastic day when everything go great xxxx

Latest posts

Back