Anyone else having problems with SJK Hair Extensions Ltd?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxItUpHair

Reaction score
Hi

Appalling 'customer service' from SJK Hair Extensions!....

I bought some special order 'Body Wave' hair extensions from this supplier.

They arrived a month later, and I installed them via the Celebrity Weave method.

At installation, and for the next day, according to my client, they were okay. I have photo's from the installation showing the curl is perfect for my client's hair.

However, on day three, my client contacted me to say the hair had lost all wave, it was completely straight.

I questioned how she was styling/treating it, and she was following aftercare advise perfectly.

I went back on day five to check myself (another 40 mile round trip). The hair was indeed straight and therefore no longer matches my client's natural hair. I put layers through to see if that would help (SJK suggested this), it of course, didn't.

I contacted SJK, and they said to send back for testing, As I do not trust them to test independently, I said I would test them myself in the first instance, and send in my results, which I have done.
Also, if I had taken them out, and SJK had stated they were fine, when they are definitely not, I would have to uninstall, and reinstall at my own cost, as at the point, SJK were already showing signs of resistance. Hence why I found it hard to trust them.

I tested the hair I had left over, washed and conditioned with their products, styled exactly as they ask, and found the hair to be straight, it does not retain a curl at all.

I sent photo's in to SJK, and I have repeatedly ask they sort this matter out for me, but since their one and only reply, they are completely ignoring me.

They have ignored my requests for the legal teams details.
They know my client decided to have extensions after an atrocious few years (she had a tragic event happen in her life), and that extensions were the first step in her trying to start to live again.

They know I have contacted tabloids, and that I will give their name if they do not help, they have ignored this too.

They are simply refusing to reply to me, or help out in any way whatsoever.

I find it atrocious they think they can get away with this.

I am taking legal action against them due to them refusing to help re this and the faulty hair supplied by them.

I have since heard many others are encountering similar problems with this company.

SJK have also revamped wording on their website, so I presume this is due to others complaining about their hair, as the 4A which they previously stated had a lifespan of 6-9 months, is now only 3-5 months.
The 8A Russian used to have a lifespan of 2 years, but they've amended that to one year only (but I do have it in writing from them, that the 8A hair will last at least 18 months - this was sent to me after the changes on the website were made, because I questioned the huge changes in lifespan).

Anyone else had any problems with SJK Hair Extensions? I am absolutely furious with them!

Best,
Natalie x

How long did they state the wave would stay in the Bodywave hair for? from my past experiences with Bodywave hair, the wave is only steamed in and will indeed drop after only a wash or two, rendering it pretty pointless. I hope you get it sorted x

How long did they state the wave would stay in the Bodywave hair for? from my past experiences with Bodywave hair, the wave is only steamed in and will indeed drop after only a wash or two, rendering it pretty pointless. I hope you get it sorted x

It says on their site, four months but that's for the 4A Indian Hair. Via PM on Facebook, they promised the wave would last much longer in the 8A hair which I purchased.

In any event, you'd expect it to last longer than three days, lol!!

I will get it sorted, Trading Standards are now all over them, and that's me just warming up! Not a chance I will let this drop, they just messed with the wrong person!

Thanks for your reply xx

As legal action is now in place, the matter is obviously between said company and the OP to seek a mutually amicable resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back