Anyone else not able to settle on brand of tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Hi geeks, its only me lol

anyone else not able to settle on a brand of tan?

I'm driving myself nutty with this!

I've used fakebake briefly when I first started, then had a few weeks using la tan, then Suntana for a period of time, then nouvatan for about 4 months, & most recently brown bitz which I've used for about a month,

Im now on the look out for another tan again!

I've also sampled. Omg, Sienna, tantrick, ldn skins, laurens way, hmm I'm sure there's more but can't think!

Also Contacted vani t for sample but no sample sent.

I've got a small bottle of sunless solutions here (8%) I was supposed to try it on my sister but she's decided to go awol on me & work everyday solid for 3 weeks so not been able to use her as my ginny pig (definate spelling mistake with the word ginny! Havent a clue how to spell it so wont attempt! lol) so I'm about to spray my own legs with sunless (doubt 8% will be dark enough for me.. but it'll give me an indication)

I try something then think wow I've found the perfect tan here then something puts me off.... So I'm always back to square 1!

I want something that's a nice brown tan, fades evenly, is available in light upto dark shades, smells nice, & not orangey (I know the orangey colour is mostly down to a % used on wrong skin tones but I've also found some tans to be orangey regardless)

Any ideas?? xx

Last edited:
nope, i use la tan and love it!! especially la tan gold 10, have nearly used a litre in the last few months! its a single dip colour, clients love the fact its a nice golden brown and not an in your face orange brown! also doesnt come off on clothes!xx

nope, i use la tan and love it!! especially la tan gold 10, have nearly used a litre in the last few months! its a single dip colour, clients love the fact its a nice golden brown and not an in your face orange brown! also doesnt come off on clothes!xx

I tried the gold, but I wasn't very confident using it as it's hard to see going on, probably because I'm used to darker guides.

thanks for your reply x

Any sunless users, can you tell me what %'s this tan comes in please?? there website only shows an 8%? thought I'd ask on here rather than starting a new thread.

I have emailed leela but she may not read it straight away.

thanks x

I tried the gold, but I wasn't very confident using it as it's hard to see going on, probably because I'm used to darker guides.

thanks for your reply x

Get back to Nouvatan!! ;P

Is it you or your customers who are not 100% happy? What about sticking with one you like for the general more popular lighter/natural looking tan's and then trying to find one that is good for the dark tan's? For example.....you know I use Nouvatan and am very happy with it, so are my customers but even the 20% is still not dark enough for a couple of them who like it dark as it's such a natural looking golden colour. Maybe you need to stock a couple of different brands?xx

Hi Lush lash, sunless comes in 8, 10 & 12%, I also use sunless booster drops which are fab! X

Hi Lush lash, sunless comes in 8, 10 & 12%, I also use sunless booster drops which are fab! X

Thanks nat nat, I'm just going to send you a pm x

I was exactly the same! Tried SO many samples!! I've decided to go with Brown Bitz as it isn't expensive, everyone who's had it was very pleased and I should make my money back quickly! But I would also like to have Vani t as my luxury tan and charge a bit more as it's expensive although it seems to go further. so clients can choose which they want.
Vani t never replied to my email but within a week or so I got sent a pack of samples of three of their tans and all the info etc.
Hope you decide what to use! :) x

Lush lash how are you getting on with your choice? Was brown bitz any good? Was going to buy sample. I am the same I think I am sorted with a solution finally and then after a few weeks I start thinking I don't like it any more or not sure if it's orange? Is brown bitz brown and not golden? X

I was the same for the first year, tried everything and anything, This is all part of building up that really important experience and confidence. Recognising the "shortcomings" of solutions shows that you are learning what you want, what your clients want and how to overcome these shortcomings and creating the perfect tan for your client. These lessons can't be taught on a training course so make the best of them. Once you have chosen you will know you have the best for you and your clients. Every technician, every geographical area and every client is different. That is why we offer Spray tans, not a tan in a booth. We offer a "Purpose made" treatment. Without experience and something to compare against it is impossible to make an informed decision.

Even now after all this time, I still try new products because things move ahead so quickly and it can be easy to become complacent. I love getting new samples, the new smells and colors make me feel like a kid in a candy store. After trying new products it is easy to decide if you are still using the best for your business or if it is time to change

I'm the same, I just can't make my mind up! I currently carry 3 brands (there I'd method behind this madness honest)! Lol
I will keep trying other brands too, my search for perfect solution I feel will never be over! In the meantime to curb my enthusiasm I have printed name of brands I carry on my flyers and website to stop me continually swapping and changing.

Lush lash if you pm me your details I will sort out samples of vani-t for you. Same for anyone else looking x
I remember sending you the details for vani-t samples but I'm happy to sort it out personally for you xxxx

Lush lash if you pm me your details I will sort out samples of vani-t for you. Same for anyone else looking x
I remember sending you the details for vani-t samples but I'm happy to sort it out personally for you xxxx

Thanks jenx I'll pm you now x x

Sampled vani-t & really liked it, ive settled with the velocity at the moment as I think it's a gorgeous colour, may have to think of getting a darker brand in though as velocity is only 12%

that's me quiet for a while :D x

Im using suntana at the mo and im happy with I although im looking for a rapid tan,can I ask what it was that u didn't like about suntana so I can look out for it :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Im using suntana at the mo and im happy with I although im looking for a rapid tan,can I ask what it was that u didn't like about suntana so I can look out for it :-D

I'm sure I saw on Suntana's FB status this week that they are bringing out a rapid tan soon. Great news if thats you chosen brand already x HTH

I'm sure I saw on Suntana's FB status this week that they are bringing out a rapid tan soon. Great news if thats you chosen brand already x HTH

Thing is though, Suntana said this about their rapid tan months ago.. I remember reading it on the Suntana Facebook page & it never happened,

why say a few weeks if its to turn into months.

not so good when you tell clients something new is coming in a few weeks & then you have to wait a lot longer. ooh it annoys me lol

xx

Overall it was a nice colour but maybe 3 or 4 of my clients went a bit orange even using a low % so it put me off, I didnt find it lasted as long as other brands & come off a little patchy.

Just my opinion, I know some love Suntana. x

Sampled vani-t & really liked it, ive settled with the velocity at the moment as I think it's a gorgeous colour, may have to think of getting a darker brand in though as velocity is only 12%

that's me quiet for a while :D x

You like...... you like ????? it's nice isn't it, just wish it was half the price lol. what did you set your gun too 8.or 9 ? how much solution did you need? Glad your a happy bunny.xx:D

Lol I dont have them on fb will go look now thanks ,feel like I right div :-D

Latest posts

Back