Anyone else quiet, or is it just me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelu

Reaction score
Is it just me? Business is sloooow, both at home and at hair salon where I have desk. Is October always like this? Or maybe I just need to take a hint!

it has been slow for me since september but this week and next are busy, i did 12 hours yesterday!! we are all different though hun so dont worry, will pick up come november, people are just trying to budget for xmas xx

I'm slow. Have been slowing down over the past couple of weeks. Don't think I'm booked up much in the coming weeks either. Finding being alone in the salon a bit of a drag. *yawn*

I've had a quiet couple of weeks, today was busy... Had 2 no shows 1 cancellation cause its cold!

Yes I always think October is a slow month ,most people get paid this week and next so you should get busy with calls now :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I've had a quiet couple of weeks, today was busy... Had 2 no shows 1 cancellation cause its cold!

Oh don't you just love no shows! And as for being cold.. we all are, even more so from just sitting about. I've wasted all my time so far, I've done stock takes, moved things around, sorted out bits and pieces for a pamper party I'm doing in a couple of weeks.. I've now run out of things to potter around with.

I am quiet to. Hate it, had a no show first thing why won't they at least text to cancel. Makes me so mad, let's hope we all get busy soon

I was so quiet first two weeks in October so booked this week off, nipped in yesterday and am full to bursting next week! We are now officially out of a recession, it was announced yesterday that due to the Olympics etc there has been a 1% increase in the economy which indicates we are out now! Hopefully people will be sucked in by this and start spending again!

I've been really quiet for the past 2 weeks and was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday after my one and only appointment for that day. Within 2 hours the phone had rung 3 times with new appointments and i got a txt to do a wedding party with another tech. I feel a bit better now and i'm sure things will pick up soon as we get nearer to the xmas season :)

I've been in business 9 years this year and oct has always been my quietest month. Quieter than January! I have a friend in the trade who also agrees, she choose to get married in this month as its always so quiet. I always pick up in nov ready for Decembers mad rush. I always use this month to get ready for Xmas! Hth

???? I wish I was quieter! I'm pooped and need a break :-/ it's been non stop since Xmas last year 9am-7pm mon-fri! I need some 1 to help me out!

I'm having a much better October than I have had before, quite busy really, I have worked my butt off to get here though! I know we are supposed to be a recession proof industry but in this climate you got work harder to get the results. Thank god we are out of double dip, hope things improve for everyone! Hugs to those who are finding it a struggle but get out t here tell people about you all the time, get on face book think of new ways to promote yourselves, it won't come looking for you

I have had the busiest October ever, loads of new clients who are moving to a mobile stylist from salon to save money as their previous salons are increasing their prices and each new client has given my number to friends so it's all abit crazy at the mo, plus weddings every weekend up until Xmas now.

I'm gaining new clients as an existing salon has been sold.... New owner sacked the current staff! Took in 1 of her own! Brainless wench! Now I have the clients ;)

I've still got all my regulars b ut could do with a few newbies . . . . have just done a big leaflet drop so fingers crossed as I haven't always had much luck with them in the past but I figure you only really need one or two and then they tell their friends etc (hopefully lol)

The spray tanning is really quiet

I'm having a much better October than I have had before, quite busy really, I have worked my butt off to get here though! I know we are supposed to be a recession proof industry but in this climate you got work harder to get the results. Thank god we are out of double dip, hope things improve for everyone! Hugs to those who are finding it a struggle but get out t here tell people about you all the time, get on face book think of new ways to promote yourselves, it won't come looking for you

Completely agree with everything u said, and good luck every 1, work yr buts off and u will find the more effort u put in the more u get out ;) x x x x x

Thanks everyone for your comments - nice to know its not just me and good to have encouragement to try harder!

Whether we are officially out of a recession or not people are still suffering. Witness Ford, who are closing two manufacturing plants in the south of England. 1500 people out of work in a trice.
There ARE going to be casualties in this; this will sort the wheat from the chaff, and only the strongest will survive.

I've had my busiest month yet. Even taking 11 days off for a holiday I'm double my taking from last month.

I'm shattered need another holiday :).
Seriously though I am so grateful for every single client and booking. I had never dared dream to be as busy as this and don't take it for granted at all.
Vicki x

In the 14 years my Mum and I had our Nail and Beauty Salon we found 2 quieter times of year, every year. February/March and October/November, and usually October/November was worse.
Every year we knew it was coming but we would still panic! We'd think, 'Oh no! Is this our business starting to fail??!'. But sure enough as November came to an end things would pick up BIG TIME.
We started planning for it eventually and used this quieter time to have a big clean or refurbish of the salon, or even take a holiday.

Your gonna be just fine, when the Holidays come you won't know what hit you!
Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back