Anyone else struggle with driving lessons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all! Cant wait to update this thread in a few months & say I passed !!!! :) Xx

I know exactly where your coming from. I've had my licence 16 years now and will drive anywhere but it wasn't always that way. I was nearly 19 when I passed but I started not long after my 17th birthday. I hated it. Didn't have any confidence and never thought I would do it. It took me 5 tests to pass and even then didn't want to drive. Then one day it just all seemed to click. You'll get there. Just relax and enjoy it and it will all fall into place xx

well i couldnt hack manual so im doing automatic lessons now and i love :) its easier lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Keep going you will get there eventually. I had 66 lessons and 2 test but I got there eventually

I've had over 100 lessons, 6 tests, been driving 2 years and have spent well over £2,000 on driving. You WILL get there!!xxx

I had 3 instructors, and failed 3...maybe 4 times(cant remember now, I lost count) I was a good driver just when it came to the test I fell apart with nerves, and I had been in a couple of bad crashes before starting to learn so didnt even really want to be in a car for quite a long time.

You will get there, Its finding someone that is understanding and willing to take it slow with you. Don't worry if you fail, it doesnt make you a bad driver! I love driving now and feel confident and I think if I hadn't of taken it slow, I wouldnt have got there at all.

So dont worry! You will get there in the end xxxxx

My boyfriend's mum had countless instructors, and it took her 9 attempts to pass her test!

You'll get there. I know it's frustrating but honestly, the feeling of LEARNING to drive is soooo different to actually driving. I couldn't live without my car now, and don't know why I was so adament that I'd never give up my motorbike!!

Good luck... and rescue remedy does work :D

xx

Just reading your post reminds me so much of myself. I was constantly having to get my instructor to explain roundabouts, reversing round a corner etc and I could just never take the info in. Now I've kind of got the hang of it( apart from reversing round a corner don't think I'll ever get that haha). My instructor always told me that one day things will just click and I never believed him but it's so true it does happen. Just stick at it keep practising you will get there.
I've been doing lessons on and off since I was 17. I'm 22 now I've failed 2 tests and now have to do my theory again because I've left it so long but this thread has inspired me to get back in with it. Plus the last fee days every times I go onto Facebook there seems to be messages from everybody that they have just passed so I'm taking that as a sign and I've just booked my first lesson in 6 months :D. We'll all get there with it and this time next year we'll be buzzing about in our cars

You remind me of me so much lol,

I had 5 instructors, my last one was the best and actually took the time to go through what I was nervous about(roundabouts) instead of just taking my money.

I had 5 driving tests, passed on my 5th. My 4th test was so unlucky, an old old man pulled out on me and I broke and the she devil failed me haha.

On my 5th test I broke down in tears before I left the bloody centre, passed with only 2 minors. I was driving my own car on my test aswell, brought myself a gorgeous vauxhall astra 04 plate sports one :) and she got me through haha.

I now love driving and don't know what I would do if I couldn't and days like this with the sun and my shades and music :) I love it :)

You will pass when the time is right and when you are ready. Don't rush though as you will just make mistakes, that was my problem. Looking forward to you updating on passing x x

Hi

Stick with it! It took me 4 years passed on my 4th test and had hundreds of lessons - I just couldnt get it! - but eventually I got it and passed - just stick with it! You'll be driving in no time!

Good luck! xx

1 more driving lesson done with today! & another tomorrow! I actually hate doing lessons I've decided it's not something i look forward too, but I'll keep pushing on with them until I pass x

I hated them too, it's much better when you get to drive on your own!

Ive learned turn in the road today, did it 3 times & got better at each go. Also drove on a few busy traffic roads & did roundabouts briefly, the bit I'm most pleased about is I drove myself home!! the weather was boiling so everyone was out & about, lots of traffic etc.. but it wasn't too bad x

Ive learned turn in the road today, did it 3 times & got better at each go. Also drove on a few busy traffic roads & did roundabouts briefly, the bit I'm most pleased about is I drove myself home!! the weather was boiling so everyone was out & about, lots of traffic etc.. but it wasn't too bad x

well I'm now upto test standard on my turn in road, moving off & stopping, clutch control, turning left & crossroads left & right, got my little making progress record card which is filling up with ticks fairly quick :)

Learnt emergency stop today, not keen on that! made my legs feel like jelly then after it was done I couldn't steady my legs from shaking so stalled twice down the same road lol! (I don't usually stall) felt so silly shaking like a leaf, i actually came home a bit shaky after it! need to get myself a grip haha.

(hope no one minds me updating on here, dont want to bore you all! I was going to blog it but seeing as I started this thread a while ago I thought I'd continue so you can see how I'm getting on & if anyone else is in my situation then they can see that If I'm making progress they can too!)

My next lesson Friday, which is focusing half the lesson on reverse round corner & other half of lesson on box junctions x

I have learnt parallel park today, he's put me at test standard on it as i did it perfect 5 times in a row. & after him prompting me the first time i did it off my own back the other 4 times, instructor told me I've picked up all my manuvers (sp) quicker than anyone he's taught lol

also did some driving around town, i got called a sh*t driver by some horrible man screaming out his window lol as I was a bit slow (hence the L plates on the car idiot!) that's twice in a week some other driver has been rude to me & incidentally both have been ugly old men grrr

x

I have learnt parallel park today, he's put me at test standard on it as i did it perfect 5 times in a row. & after him prompting me the first time i did it off my own back the other 4 times, instructor told me I've picked up all my manuvers (sp) quicker than anyone he's taught lol

also did some driving around town, i got called a sh*t driver by some horrible man screaming out his window lol as I was a bit slow (hence the L plates on the car idiot!) that's twice in a week some other driver has been rude to me & incidentally both have been ugly old men grrr

x

Well done, that's brilliant! :D

I failed a test at 21, decided last year to start learning again, passed 6 months ago and love driving, apart from meeting my other half :) it's one of the best decisions that I've made in my life.

And unfortunately other drivers will try and bully you, ignore them, they are idiots!

Michelle x

I had my test first time this week and failed grrrr . Keep trying they say 'the best drivers never pass first time ' x

I started this thread just 1 month ago today, I've made soooo much progress since! On Monday i have my theory test & providing I pass it (fingers crossed!) I'm allowed to book my practical test for the end of next month :eek: omg! reading my first post id never of thought I'd be saying that lol! xxx

I started this thread just 1 month ago today, I've made soooo much progress since! On Monday i have my theory test & providing I pass it (fingers crossed!) I'm allowed to book my practical test for the end of next month :eek: omg! reading my first post id never of thought I'd be saying that lol! xxx
Ah well done! Bet you're glad you've stuck at it- suddenly it just all clicks :) x

well done you!! Its soooo good when the examiner says 'you've passed' such a relief! just keep your nerves down and try to stay calm, i was a nervous wreck the hour lesson before my test and felt like i was going to fail because of it but felt totally confident on the actual test luckily! i wish you luck xx

Latest posts

Back