Anyone else struggling with Hayfever?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried this myself, but I've read somewhere that if you eat honey every day made in your area (if that makes sense!) then it works in a similar way to Homeopathy in that you are ingesting a small amount of local pollen and it can help to lessen your symptoms. Worth a try I think.:)

If you notice the main anti histamines are different generic drugs, what works for me is loratadine which is in claritin.What doesn't work are all the rest for ME, although up until it was prescription only i had trilludan and then they found it gave you heart probs.
If one anti histamine doesnt work its not to say another wont.
I first got hayfever in my 20s at a knebworth country show my eyes swelled up like golf balls i remember it vividly and always thought i would grow out of it not into it but its got worse,my worst allergy is to cats and i love cats but cant even touch them.

Another thing that really helped my family (we all suffer & this year I'm worse than ever) is not hanging washing out on the line to dry. I guess the damp washing attracts the pollen which then sticks to it and is then brought in.

Praise the lawd - I am cured!
I begged the quack to help and she prescribed Beconase nasal spray. It's worked! My eyes are still itchy, but the eye drops are helping. I'm stunned at how effective the nasal spray is - Beconase never used to work for me when I was little.
:)

yay calla! I am still suffering, with a cold, cough and tonsilitis on top too *sigh*
Lloyds pharmacy have a really good offer on at the mo, the 'medinose' style doobermie, two red light probes you pop up your nostrils for 3 minute cycles, apparently it has really helped a lot of people (it works by restricting the histamines your body releases or something), plus you get an ioniser to help remove pollen from the atmosphere in a room, both for £20. Think I may invest in this one, it's gotta be worth a shot I reckon!

Latest posts

Back