Anyone ever done a treatment in someone's hotel room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cath4512

Reaction score
I have just had a lady call me wanting a full pedi with shellac, full mani with shellac & party lashes. She said she was staying at a Travelodge in town as she was working in Bradford.
I dont know how to explain it, but it didnt ring true somehow.It was the way she was asking about what I did & she said have you done hotel treatments before?
I have booked her in for Wednesday, but not sure what to do to be honest. I may cancel her as I dont have a good feeling about it for some reason.
What do you think?

Ok go with your gut... You can never be too careful. Or could you afford to take an assistant to help you set up pass you things etc? Or maybe have a chat with the reception staff on your way in. When I did a male spray tan party I took an assistant who helped them with record cards, and who sent them in.

But the hotel thing is something I have offered to local hotels who don't have spa's.

Or is she potentially poaching you for a hotel spa? Xx

Id go, id tell the reception when you go in (& ask if its something they'd like to join up with in future ;-) , hey why waste a good business opportunity)

Ask for payment first and position yourself next to the door in case you want to leave,

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

to be honest, when she first spoke, I thought it was someone selling advertising....thats how she sounded.

I wouldn't do it personally but that's because I had a text from a "woman" asking me to go to a hotel to do her nails and her friends nails I tried ringing and no answer she then text and said what room she was in so I rang the hotel explained the situation and it was actually a man that was in the hotel room and not a woman and no friend so my instincts were right and I will never even think about doing it again xx

Just be careful xx

Blimey, I was thinking about getting a Shrinking Violet treatment when I was staying in a hotel as nobody near me offers them. Now I will feel like any therapist will feel like I am a potential weirdo! I'm quite normal, I promise!

I have just had a lady call me wanting a full pedi with shellac, full mani with shellac & party lashes. She said she was staying at a Travelodge in town as she was working in Bradford.
I dont know how to explain it, but it didnt ring true somehow.It was the way she was asking about what I did & she said have you done hotel treatments before?
I have booked her in for Wednesday, but not sure what to do to be honest. I may cancel her as I dont have a good feeling about it for some reason.
What do you think?

You could get reception to ring her room when you get there so she can come meet you and help you with your things.
this way reception will know where you are (and u can slip them a business card) and you can chat on your way up so you'll feel abit more comfortable? X

I've done people in hotel rooms quite often. I always phone the hotel to check they're happy for me to do it (some dont like it an think I'm up to no good).
Inform reception and say I'm here to see xxxx could you tell me which room she's in, reception will normally call up to the room to inform them you are here or look at you puzzled if its someone not under that name in which case you leave.
A lot of the hotels will call me on behalf of the clients now so they 'screen' them before I go in lol! I also normally politely ask one of the staff members to help me up and in with my things that way someone's with you when you first go in.

Also the way I see it is at least in a hotel people can here you scream ;p and there are always people round if you need help, better that than out in the sticks where you have no mobile reception an the closest house is 10 miles away lol!

But also go with your gut, if you don't feel comfortable dont do it :) xxxxx

Latest posts

Back