Anyone ever had to "dump" a client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Theres been a few over my time id like tell to walk the plank! but ive beared with them and 2 of them are my best customers now lol but i had to tell one recently i cant do her anymore.
Luckily, at first, it was her to said not so politely Goodbye! so i thought "pheww saves me a job" then she asked if she could come back to me as my work is so good!! I am cheap and good if i do say so myself. I bend over backwards for my clients, i move my life around, have no set times, do great offers and sometimes i think they walk all over me :( so i said to her - Im sorry but i am feeling a little stressed out and im reducing my clients, so sorry....and left it at that, i could have said, i dont appreciate your txting at midnight and 6am, your constant txting demanding me to answer, the stress your last set of lashes caused me, the confusion each messages causes me and the fact you haggle prices with me, not turn up and cancel regularily......and breath.......

seriously! i am still doubting myself for saying no though.

If that's what she's doing then in a polite way either say here's a copy of my price list, and my operating hours, please CALL me between these times to book, oh and btw there is now a cancelation policy in place.

Get a phone for personal life and one for work, set your days and times and stick to them no matter how much you want the business from the client who wants to book in for 9pm on a day you finish at 6, and point out that the prices in the list are competitive and not for negotiation.

Or just fire her, be polite and say... I'm sorry to inform you, but I can no longer do you as a client as you have repeatedly canceled last minute or not shown up, and I can not reply in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. Hopefully you will find a salon that's not busy and won't mind you doing this. I have other clients that I need to see to who respect me and don't do the above and they have to come first. All te best for te future, your name

This is only a session you can make, but whichever you do there's risks, she may see her bum with te price's and settings and leave, or be a good client and there's se may not like being sacked and constantly still ask for an appointment and apologise (but stick to your guns of this happens or she will think your a softie and walk all over you) xoxo

I've fired a few clients! Some for repeat cancelations, some for always moaning but still coming back time and time again and some for just being nauseating lol! I feel much better for it and tend to pick and choose my clients now and only do the ones that I like :) Our job is stressful enough without having difficult clients making things worse :)

Yep Ive sacked a client before. She was a nightmare. Always late, had three mobiles constantly ringing whilst im doing her hair, really loud etc. She made everyone dread her coming in. She was costing me more in rearranged appointments and no shows than she was bringing in through her custom, and she was making the experience very unpleasant for staff and the clients in the salon who were trying to enjoy their treatments, plus she never seemed happy with her hair! I sat her down on her last appointment and told her calmly that I didnt think that we were the best salon suited to her requirements, because we were in such high demand that we were unable to accommodate her on a whim every time. I was totally honest with actually, I told her that doing her hair took the enjoyment out of it for me and also the enjoyment from the other clients in the salon.:eek: I then told her that I thought the best idea was to cancell all her future appointments with us :eek::eek:
Ok, I felt a bit tight but Im of the thinking how can people imrove themselves if you bull**** them. I had the hopes of her being a better client for the next victim - I mean salon- she chose to go to.......
xxx

Latest posts

Back