Anyone going to PB Dublin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby lou

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone is going to Professional Beauty in Dublin at the end of this month?

If so, what are you doing? Competing, exhibiting or spending!!!!!!!

Just wondered if anyone is going to Professional Beauty in Dublin at the end of this month?

If so, what are you doing? Competing, exhibiting or spending!!!!!!!

oh i would love to go to this one mabe i will put it in my diary for next year, is it always he end of september?

Yes i think so, bit close to olympia and manchester I know, but thought that maybe some people would go because of withdrawal symptoms from olympia!!:cry: xx

I'll be there - but just spending this year, not demo'ing or competing! :)

i would have gone like you said to make up for olympia but i'm in florida!!

but defo next year if your interested chic xx

are CND going tp be at the PB show in Dublin?

I'll be there - but just spending this year, not demo'ing or competing! :)
Jackie...do you want to meet up...Rich and i are going....i think:lol:

We are not going to G mex,so we thought Ireland would be a change...any old excuse to escape the Uk....LMAO:lol:

oh...and "on va parler en francais bien sur...!!!

Jackie...do you want to meet up...Rich and i are going....i think:lol:

We are not going to G mex,so we thought Ireland would be a change...any old excuse to escape the Uk....LMAO:lol:

oh...and "on va parler en francais bien sur...!!!

Sounds good - I'll PM you!

i would have gone like you said to make up for olympia but i'm in florida!!

but defo next year if your interested chic xx

Lou

As you know darling I will also be in the sunshine state when you are hard at work.

As I said before my wee prayers will be with ya hun. And remember me when you need a wee model.

Luv Ya Lots
XXXXXXXXX:hug:

is anyone entering the comp? i didnt realise it was so soon but ive no model :-(

Well I had a wander around this morning and was a little disappointed - no Creative, no Ez Flow, no NSI, no St Tropez (gulp - I'm getting low!), I was in and out in 90 minutes and that was having/watching the odd demo. While watching various demos I heard (earwigging!) lots of grumbles from people about the lack of 'big names' that they were expecting to be there and were more than put out that they weren't.

To warn anyone coming from the UK who hasn't been to the Dublin show before, it's nowhere near as big as the UK shows - I'm comparing it to GMEX as that was my regular show when I was in the UK.

I bought a few bits and pieces, but the only things I got that I actually wanted to buy were my Nubar glitter stripers! Didn't see any show offers that made me want to spend my money, and for once, I'd gone loaded with the intention of stocking up on my St Tropez and nail supplies, but the money came home with me.

I did like the way they had the competition area downstairs (used to be upstairs) where we could all have a nosey at what was going on (must have been off-putting for the competitors though having people staring over their model's shoulders!) Although I was hoping to see the Photographic entries but couldn't see them anywhere so not sure if they were displayed or not. I felt very sorry for quite a few competitors who hadn't bothered bringing their own lamps - it was very dark in there, I don't know how they managed - the ones who remembered their lamps must have been thanking their lucky stars!!

Oh, and another thing, on the way in, even though you may have registered and got your ticket, they were asking for proof of being in the Trade, which I think is a great idea but would have been nice to have some prior warning - I had a lump of cash with me and had left all other ID/cards etc at home so had to answer a few questions before being let in!

Anyone else go today?
Jackie

:irked: oh dear, you sound really disappointed.

Will you be coming to g-mex jackie?

:irked: oh dear, you sound really disappointed.

Will you be coming to g-mex jackie?

Not this year but I think next year I'll make the trip over again to make sure I get a decent day's shopping in! Yes, I am quite disappointed, especially as this time I had a fair bit of money burning a hole in my pocket but nothing to spend it on, usually I'm on a tight budget and can only afford a few bits - typical eh? :rolleyes:

I reckon Young Nails were raking it in this year with the CND/Ez Flow/NSI not being there - nice to see Greg Salo make the effort to come over again, his demos are always really popular and you have to fight to get near him.

Oh, meant to say, for the first time I noticed a TT stand at Dublin, watched a demo, was very surprised by the scraggy old brush that was being used but even more surprised at the brush being dipped in monomer to clean the skin around the cuticle to make sure they wiped off the setting acrylic that had been placed on the skin! :eek: My fingers were itching just watching it......

Oh, meant to say, for the first time I noticed a TT stand at Dublin, watched a demo, was very surprised by the scraggy old brush that was being used but even more surprised at the brush being dipped in monomer to clean the skin around the cuticle to make sure they wiped off the setting acrylic that had been placed on the skin! :eek: My fingers were itching just watching it......

You also see on the TT demo videos on line that the brush goes all over the skin when smoothing out after the L&P was applied!

I love Gregs demo's, shame he's not able to make g-mex though:cry:

DUBLIN WAS AMAZING!

I only got back in the early hours of this morning so i am shattered but a very happy girl! It was the best competition for me with over 100 entries! The new everyday extensions and pedicure categories were really popular.
The competiton area was downstairs as we has so many entrants, we would not have fitted them in upstairs. We had lots of positive feedback from competitors and we had overwhelming support from the new owners, Expo Events which made it a great comp for all who were there.

Congratulations to all who entered and won. Tracey Boon (1st and 2nd) and Belinda Price (2 x 1st) were there to represent England so a special well done from me. Tracey took 2nd place and Belinda took 1st place in Best International Tech so it was a great comp for them to.

The photography category was on the Monday, so it was a shame you missed it Jackie as there was some great photos. You should have come and said hi, it would have been lovely to see you again.

All results will be posted asap on the pro Beauty website.

Sorry we didnt meet up jackie...it was nice metting Karen though...or Mrs O on here....she was very informative,and extremely knowledgeble about her field.... Young nails were really going guns.....Greg was amazing.

Rich and i sat down in a corner having coffee...and who were we opposite...Rio nails...:eek:...it amazed me in the space of an hour they shiften nearly ALL the stock!!!!!!!

Rich and i were asked for ID....:eek:...i just said in a "curt and to the blunt"...ive come from the Uk and have an important meeting with a well known skin care brand....:eek::lol:...i did have my cheque book on me with the salon name on it...but was surprised to be asked for ID...

I would go again though.....just to see Irish men....yummy:Grope::lol:

Oh i'm glad to come across this thread, as i've been having a moan about Dublin Show this morning. I went to the show hoping to buy my usual NSI products, only to find NSI weren't there at all.

I rang them from the show and they said they weren't attending the Dublin show bcause they were going to the Manchester show to compete!!

What about us Irish Techs, we are feeling a little loney and let down this year. Im Sure NSi England will be covering Manchester. I just don't get it :cry::cry:

The photography category was on the Monday, so it was a shame you missed it Jackie as there was some great photos. You should have come and said hi, it would have been lovely to see you again.

Bum! Trust me to go the wrong day! Will we get to see pics of the photographic entries at all, Rachel?

Gabi - was Karen (Mrs O) there with Creative cos I didn't see them when I was there? Bloody Rio get everywhere didn't they? But I reckon the other 'nail' stands were clearing up because CND, Ez Flow and NSI weren't there - wonder how much money they could have made that went elsewhere?

Anyway Gabi - did you enjoy Dublin? I hope so.

Jackie
x

Latest posts

Back