Anyone good at copy who could help me out with a generic email, please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
have written rough outline, wondered if anyone could give me feedback on my email and point out any changes i could make to improve .. many thanks :) x

Hi

When you say generic is it for sales, newsletter etc etc??

I'd be happy to. I used to write and design marketing emails for a living and still do my own on a regular basis.

Email me at [email protected] and I'll have a glance over it for you.

ha ha verve, what a coincidence .. was going to ask you to eventually design a leaflet to support the email ;) x will send you email if you dont mind having a look at it, all feedback much appreciated xx

jack shaw
will pm you its hard to explain .. just an idea which will beneficial to one or two *potentional* clients, just thought though i might need to find out if im spamming though, dont want to get into any sort of trouble! :idea:

You can only email people if you have a legitimate reason to. The law states that people have to "opt in" to receive mails from you.

However- this is a bit of a wooly law, as opting-in can literally mean they click a button on your website that adds them to your mailing list. However, there exists a "soft opt in" which means you obtain their contact details in the course of a sale or negotiation for the sale of a product or service to that person- and even then- you *must* give people an option to "opt-out" of emails.

You can't send emails to people with whom you've had no contact before. "In the absence of express consent or consent through the ‘soft opt in' option described above, you are not permitted to send marketing emails to individuals"

In a nutshell- email them if you've dealt with them before, give them an option to opt-out, but don't email them if you've had no dealings with that individual at all (this might happen if you've been given a list of emails from another person, or you've bought a list).

Last edited:
thank you karl, hmm might be tricky then .. will email you (if i may, i have dealt with you before lol ;) to have glance over my idea if you dont mind :)

jack
came up you pmd me but my inbox is empty .. will have to check if full :eek:

Latest posts

Back