Anyone got any tips on doing your own nails?!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink_Princess said:
Hi
Anyone got any good tips for doing their own nails?

Im fine doing my left hand but then it takes me forever to do my right hand and im never happy with it!

i do my own with extention tips and L&P overlay in P&W

Tips please???!!!!!

x:)
Hi

I did my own nails on Saturday and I'm so pleased they look really really good! I cheated and used white tips (which I always hated!) with clear powder! and I think to trick is to just take your time with your when doing your right hand with your left hand - if that makes sense??

xxx

I always have my nail art on my own nails. I can do it with both hands.:)

i used to pay to get my nails done as i could never get my right hand looking good. but now i get my boyfriend to do them for me. he doesnt like sitting to do all ten. i do my left and he does the right. he is great he saves me money. they dont look as good as the left hand but no one else can tell apart from me and other nail techs.

karly_mckeague said:
i used to pay to get my nails done as i could never get my right hand looking good. but now i get my boyfriend to do them for me. he doesnt like sitting to do all ten. i do my left and he does the right. he is great he saves me money. they dont look as good as the left hand but no one else can tell apart from me and other nail techs.

WOW howd you get him to do them?! Mine wouldnt even help me with tanning! lol

x:)

i think he wanted to learn. one of his hobbies is painting tiny models so he was always willing to paint them. he like working with his hands. suppose its a change from his day job web designing. he knows it saves me money too. he waxes too lol he is well trained.

my best tip on doin ur own nails is...

a bottle of wine and plenty of time...haha

wendy do u know where the nail show is in dublin on the 8th and 9th i was gonna travel down to it but i lost my letter so i havent a clue where to go

karly_mckeague said:
i think he wanted to learn. one of his hobbies is painting tiny models so he was always willing to paint them. he like working with his hands. suppose its a change from his day job web designing. he knows it saves me money too. he waxes too lol he is well trained.
I hope you marry this bloke and quickly, he sounds too good to be true. :lol:

I try to a find a good night on the telly, then just take my time.
Filing my right hand is a nightmare!
Word of warning, DO NOT attempt when something scary is on tv.
I was watching Hex on Sky 3 a few weeks ago, sat quietly filing my right hand, when nice looking fallen angel guy turned into the scariest demon blokey I've ever seen. Jumped a mile, filed through my cuticle and woke the kids up squealing!:eek:

pinkmummy said:
I hope you marry this bloke and quickly, he sounds too good to be true. :lol:
]

just got engaged on christmas day. trust me he isnt going anywhere.
thanks xo

karly_mckeague said:
]

just got engaged on christmas day. trust me he isnt going anywhere.
thanks xo

Ahh, Congratulations!!! He does sound a sweetie. Wish I could get my hubby to conform so well!! lol!

wendyrose said:
my best tip on doin ur own nails is...

a bottle of wine and plenty of time...haha
i like your way the best of all:lol:

karly_mckeague said:
wendy do u know where the nail show is in dublin on the 8th and 9th i was gonna travel down to it but i lost my letter so i havent a clue where to go

Hi Karly,

Welcome to the site, you'll love it!

In response to your question above, the Irish Beauty Show is in the R.D.S. in Dublin on Sunday 9th, Monday 10th April.

You'll find all the details and can register for free tickets on www.ibpa.ie

HTH,

Emer xx:)

Latest posts

Back