Anyone had a bet on the Grand National?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cath4512

Reaction score
I have just finished work & have put my bet on online.

I have splashed out £10 picking four horses at £1.25 EW ( gamblers anonymous here I come)

I have chosen,
west end rocker ( as I went to Londonds west end a couple of weeks ago)
shkalakaboomboom ( liked the name)
always right (because I am lol)
becauseIcouldntsee ( my excuse for slipping on the mud & breaking my arm before xmas. It was dark & I couldnt see the mud, nothing to do with the alcohol lol)

So geeks, have you picked any horses & if so, which ones & why???

Apart from west end rocker, i've picked the same 3 as you. best of luck to us both ha xx

I was going to post this thread earlier but couldn't be bothered to type it out lol

I've bet on

Shakkalakkaboomboom (liked the name)
Calgary bay (see someone post it on Facebook last week so thought hmmm)
Postmaster (odd one. I see my sister coming out the post office this morning when I was on the way to the bookies lol so though oh it must be an omen!!)
I probs wont win but I love the excitement!

xx

I have just finished work & have put my bet on online.

I have splashed out £10 picking four horses at £1.25 EW ( gamblers anonymous here I come)

I have chosen,
west end rocker ( as I went to Londonds west end a couple of weeks ago)
shkalakaboomboom ( liked the name)
always right (because I am lol)
becauseIcouldntsee ( my excuse for slipping on the mud & breaking my arm before xmas. It was dark & I couldnt see the mud, nothing to do with the alcohol lol)

So geeks, have you picked any horses & if so, which ones & why???

Cath you'll be joining my hubby at gamblers anonymous ;) I have taken to babysitting his bank card on his payday as he's got a thing going on with william hill lol x

Apart from west end rocker, i've picked the same 3 as you. best of luck to us both ha xx

i picked that and ballabriggs x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

None for me , I'm not a fan . Two horses died last year and the images that where published are still fresh in my mind and remind me why I dislike the GrandNational so much .

In the pub, I got Tatenen my hubby got Shackalackaboomboom. It's my birthday today so have placed a bet (betting virgin no more!!) Treacle, my hubby has bet on The Midnight Club, We put bets on for kids, Junior (son), deep purple (daughter no 3) organised confusion (for my eldest daughter who has aspergers(!) & Viking Blond for my 2nd daughter whom is our Blondie!!
Best of luck geeks!!

I've picked Chicago grey (liked the name) & always right (cos I am aha) I've always picked the horses based on their names & only bet a couple of quid. Keeps it fun :) good luck everyone! Xx

Ah well, never mind, a few minutes exitement though :)

I won. My 4 year old neice picked the horse and I won £25.

My first ever time betting on anything.

As much as I enjoyed the race I just heard a horse got put down :( I feel so sad

I chose west end rocker which went down on the 3rd fence (typical).
Its 2 horses put down and one injured and will never race.... So far! Poor things
The horse that ran off before the race started was one of the horses put down :-(

None for me , I'm not a fan . Two horses died last year and the images that where published are still fresh in my mind and remind me why I dislike the GrandNational so much .

Ditto, I'm also not a fan. I think It's a cruel race.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Absolutely disgusting sport. 2 horses died this year, just like last year. Makes me so sad and angry.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I can't bare it. Every year it's the same, horses die. They race too many.

I bet on 10 horses - £1 on each!

Gosh it was exciting:) I had shakalakaboomboom and two others that were in the lead and suddenly the other grey horse appeared and won GN!

Ehhhh. Next year I may have more luck!

Latest posts

Back