Anyone had a colonoscopy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chezzababy

Reaction score
Hi ladies, got to get one of these, have any of you had one? Am nervous about it so any advice would be great.

XxX

I have!

I was soooooo scared. The colonoscopy was fine though (I was half asleep on something!)..... it was the Picolax Laxative the night before that was HELL!

Don't make any plans the night before - your big date's with the toilet. Oh...... and use baby wipes..... much kinder on the skin!

TMI for a Wednesday evening!

I have to be honest. I had one and it was a BREEZE. I was so apprehensive but it was a walk in the park.

And the prep wasn't as bad as some of the 'episodes' I had been having. Yes, you will need baby wipes.

Best of luck...I hope all comes out OK. :wink2:

I have!

I was soooooo scared. The colonoscopy was fine though (I was half asleep on something!)..... it was the Picolax Laxative the night before that was HELL!

Don't make any plans the night before - your big date's with the toilet. Oh...... and use baby wipes..... much kinder on the skin!

TMI for a Wednesday evening!

Thanx Hun am really nervous. Plenty of baby wipes here, sure my daughter Jamiee won't mind if I use hers. Had the laxatives before, when I had keyhole surgery so think I know what to expect.

x

I have to be honest. I had one and it was a BREEZE. I was so apprehensive but it was a walk in the park.

And the prep wasn't as bad as some of the 'episodes' I had been having. Yes, you will need baby wipes.

Best of luck...I hope all comes out OK. :wink2:

Lol hope it comes out ok but quiet too!! I know they fill you with air but it has to come out!! 💨 Great!!

Thanx 😊 x

Get this..... I had mine about 3 months into a new relationship.

Did the picolax at his house.......

I fainted twice......

I come round, and he says to me.... 'um darling, I think you've sh*t on the floor!'

........ we're getting married in 3 months!

Damn that picolax!

Get this..... I had mine about 3 months into a new relationship.

Did the picolax at his house.......

I fainted twice......

I come round, and he says to me.... 'um darling, I think you've sh*t on the floor!'

........ we're getting married in 3 months!

Damn that picolax!

😱😷😂😂 sorry but that has made me smile. Never mind using Jamiees wipes, think I will use one of her nappies!! Xx

I have, more than once,and the description of it is much worse than the experience. It was actually not bad at all.

I agree the Picolax (sp?) is the worst bit. The first time a dear friend rang , disguised his voice, and pretended to be a rep of the company enquiring as to how I was getting on with it....oh, how I laughed (after I'd sworn heavily at him)

Seriously, it will be fine, and don't worry about the embarrassment factor. They honestly have seen, heard, and smelt it all before! x

😱😷😂😂 sorry but that has made me smile. Never mind using Jamiees wipes, think I will use one of her nappies!! Xx

Just get a few magazines and set up shop for the night! Oh, and a bottle of water to keep hydrated in case you pass out like I did!

Urgh horrible. I have to be honest. Though I was fascinated and kept trying to see the screen in my sedated state. I felt like such crap after but it's NOTHING compared to a gastroscopy which I was not sedated & had this disgusting banana throat spray YUCK, worst experience of my life. So in comparison, it's not bad but a girl can only eat so much jelly for 2 days! Good luck babe, hope all is well x

Oh and if I remember rightly they gave us tea & biscuits after free! That was the best bit :) x

I have, more than once,and the description of it is much worse than the experience. It was actually not bad at all.

I agree the Picolax (sp?) is the worst bit. The first time a dear friend rang , disguised his voice, and pretended to be a rep of the company enquiring as to how I was getting on with it....oh, how I laughed (after I'd sworn heavily at him)

Seriously, it will be fine, and don't worry about the embarrassment factor. They honestly have seen, heard, and smelt it all before! x

Thank you, wasn't going to post, but glad I have. Thank you again xx

Oh and if I remember rightly they gave us tea & biscuits after free! That was the best bit :) x

Thank you xx feeling more relaxed now xxx

I've had one too and have to agree: the gastroscopy was much worse, although this was mostly due to them not administering my sedative correctly!
The thing I found most uncomfortable about the colonoscopy was the being inflated with air, but part-way-through discovered there's a valve thing they can let some of the air out with - perhaps bear this in mind? ;)
And as for the Picolax: vile stuff. I set my laptop up on the floor of the bathroom with a pile of DVDs to watch - an inspired decision! Really helped to pass the time. Hope all goes well! xx

Get hypo allergenic wipes and soft toilet paper.

The laxative is the worst part. You don't feel / remember the procedure.

Good luck.

I've had one too and have to agree: the gastroscopy was much worse, although this was mostly due to them not administering my sedative correctly!
The thing I found most uncomfortable about the colonoscopy was the being inflated with air, but part-way-through discovered there's a valve thing they can let some of the air out with - perhaps bear this in mind? ;)
And as for the Picolax: vile stuff. I set my laptop up on the floor of the bathroom with a pile of DVDs to watch - an inspired decision! Really helped to pass the time. Hope all goes well! xx

Thank you! So a night in the loo it is. Pj party with me myself and I! Great!!

😃 x

Oh I know how you feel. I've had both too, (no sedation for either)an informed choice).

The procedures themselves are over fairly quickly and mostly the staff, be it medical or nursing, really help you through it.

The Picolax is not so good. I found it so difficult to make it through the 4L of prep. Do check with your own prep but the one I had could be mixed with diluting juice (as long as it had no barley in it). This helped me lots.

Good luck xxx

Lol hope it comes out ok but quiet too!! I know they fill you with air but it has to come out!! �� Great!!

Thanx �� x

That did not happen to me. No air to come out. I was SO apprehensive about that, too. I think I was more afraid of embarassing myself in 'that way' than anything else.

That did not happen to me. No air to come out. I was SO apprehensive about that, too. I think I was more afraid of embarassing myself in 'that way' than anything else.

This thread has really made me giggle :) hope yr pj party goes well hun ;)
X x

This thread has really made me giggle :) hope yr pj party goes well hun ;)
X x

Have to think positive! So glad I posted now xxx

Latest posts

Back