Anyone had Surgery on veins?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
In June i had surgery to remove a Varicose vein that appeared during pregnancy last year. Instead of having the vein stripped (which I believe is an older method) I had the vein ebliterated (spelling) with a laser. This required a general and i was unable to drive for 2 weeks.
However, My leg has still got bruising and feels tender, I also have small lumps where the vein was in my leg.
Obviously I have been back to see the surgeon and he said its perfectly normal and the reason the lumps have occured is due to the vein that was present, clotting and my body will disperse these on their own. On my last visit, he surringed some of the blood from my leg which did reduce the size of the lump.

Just curious to see if anyone has had this surgery before and had the same problem as me??

I haven't had this surgery although I am considering it, I have a varicose vein in my right leg which was caused like you by pregnancy. A friend of mine had this surgery and it does sound about right to what she experienced hope that helps.
Where did you have the surgery done if I may ask as I am based in Essex too and looking for somewhere reputable to go for it.

I was referred to a Mr Tom Browne! He is really good and a nice man too!
He operates at Springfield in Chelmsford and also Chelmsford Medical Centre, his secretary advised me to go to Chelmsford Medical Centre as its slightly cheaper!

If u want any info, PM me!

Hi hun

I'm only 31 but I've had varicose vein surgery twice, the first time I was only 17! (the veins in my family are crap!!)

I've only ever had the old fashioned way of having the vein removed surgically and a groin tie, where they tie off the supply at the top of the leg. It may sound bad, but I'd rather have that done than the laser thingy from what you've said.

the surgery I had is a day job so you can go home in the evening (although I had to stay in overnight both times, but only because I went down to theatre so late in the day). There is no pain afterwards, and you can be up and about on your feet almost immediately afterwards, in fact they recommend it to keep the blood flowing.

If I ever have any more problems which is likely to be honest, I will have the vein stripped and a groin tie and I wont bat an eyelid, honestly it doesnt even hurt as much as having your legs waxed:lol:

I've also had my veins done about 7 years ago, and the same thing happened to me and the little blood clots had to be drained, the vein is still visible but i no longer feel in pain, which is what matters:):):)

Latest posts

Back