Anyone had their oven professionally cleaned ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Hi,

We've moved into a new house and the oven is disgusting :mad:

I really can't face doing it myself - it's that bad !!

Has anyone had their oven professionally cleaned and if so did you think it was worthwhile ? Any recommendations of companies ?

Also, an idea of cost would be great.

Thanks

:hug:

I have....there is a guy who lives near me who advertises in our local rag. He charged me £35 and that was for a double oven. Took about 2 hours and he replaced my bulb, cleaned shelfs and cooking trays. It was like new when he finished and saved me alot of hard-work. He recommended having it done every 4 months to keep onto of it....i had it done twice but Rob cleans our oven now though and he uses Fairy power shot...(green spray gun bottle)....its fantastic. he warm the oven up first for a few mins...then sprays and leave for 20 mins...use a stainless steel scourer and its done in no time.

:idea:ooowww im gonna try that pagpuss myn's a right mess:!: my oven cleaner is rubbish:lol:

I have had it doen once and it cost me £20, it was spotless afterwards, but I have just found a wonder product in Woolies, its called Dr, something.....It was £5 and it works wonders, much better than any other product I have tried and I have tried loads.

xxxxxx

I live in terror of someone opening my oven - I am going to get one of these guys in.
I even have to keep my own eyes shut when I open it:o:o:o

We get a company in to do it because I hate doing it.
It takes 2 hours and they take the whole thing apart and get it looking like new. We use Ovenclean and it costs about £50, but worth every penny.

i had the same man as bagpuss he did a wicked job.

But...i got something called oven pride (or something similar) from wilkos £4 ish it had a solution and a bag that you could drop all your trays in and pans etc.

You also warmed the oven and used the solution on it.

MEGA strong stuff but REALLY good !

I cleaned mine the other day and couldn't really get it up to standard plus it was really messy using the oven cleaner...next time I will pay someone else. They can make it good as new-I've seen a friends...it was beautiful!:eek:

Thanks for all the replies :hug:

Think I will get someone in to do it this time and then try and keep on top of it myself with some of your recommendations.

I've not been that fortunate :irked:

If however there are any volunteers .......?!

Jokes aside, I used to use this fab stuff called Oven Pad ... I wonder if they still sell it (it may have been replaced by Mr Muscle). Anyway, so long as you wear gloves when applying it and leave it over night, your oven will come up a treat.

I have....there is a guy who lives near me who advertises in our local rag. He charged me £35 and that was for a double oven. Took about 2 hours and he replaced my bulb, cleaned shelfs and cooking trays. It was like new when he finished and saved me alot of hard-work. He recommended having it done every 4 months to keep onto of it....i had it done twice but Rob cleans our oven now though and he uses Fairy power shot...(green spray gun bottle)....its fantastic. he warm the oven up first for a few mins...then sprays and leave for 20 mins...use a stainless steel scourer and its done in no time.

Can I borrow a 'Rob' please!!!

Can I borrow a 'Rob' please!!!

anytime..:lol: but i'll warn you now...you'll want to keep him...he irons and cooks too :) no good at DIY though :irked: maybe we can do a swop...hows your fella at DIY...? :lol:

Have mine done every 6 months, I hate doing it and would much rather just pay. Life is far to short for cleaning ovens.

Hi Cazbar
Dont pay to have your oven cleaned when you do a great job yourself. Theres a product called Oven Pride. Its in a box and consists of a large bottle of cleaner and sealable bag for shelves. You pour half inside your oven and spread around, ie floor sides etc, and the other half in the bag with your shelves. Follow instructions, its really easy. Leave for a few hours or best over night and bingo all like new.
I used it and was amazed. Good luck]
Cath

Latest posts

Back