Anyone have a business account with Santander?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Beauty

Reaction score
I'm deciding whether to open a business account now or later, but as Santander offer free business banking, I thought about opening an account with them. I've heard quite a few negatives about their personal banking, so I was just wondering what peoples experiences were with their business banking??

Hi, i have had business banking with them for nearly 6 years now and i have to say it hasn't been plain sailing at all! i've had lots of things go wrong, not be done when i've asked, the list goes on! However they are the only bank that offers free business banking permenantly and i cannot afford to pay to access my own money like all the others charge!

Just one thing to bear in mind is that, you don't have a counter service with this account, so all payments into the account are made via ATM's no access to obtaining change etc (unless you have a personal account with them) and no traditional 'bank manager' to approach in one of circumstances.

I opened a Business account with Santander last summer, only to process payments via my card machine and "touch wood" I have not had any problems, but my usage is minimal.

I opened a Business account with Santander last summer, only to process payments via my card machine and "touch wood" I have not had any problems, but my usage is minimal.

I've had a santander account since I started my business in 2004, I have a card machine through them too as it was a cheaper rate. I've had absolutely no problems at all in that time.

One down side is cheques take 10 days to clear but I stopped taking them last year so not an issue now but something to be aware of.

Hi

I've had a business account with them for nearly 7 years and have had no problems at all !!
As long as you send off for stationary when you see the the reminder slip (cheque book, paying in book) and you can also do this online. You just pay in your cash envelope at an atm !!

I'm deciding whether to open a business account now or later, but as Santander offer free business banking, I thought about opening an account with them. I've heard quite a few negatives about their personal banking, so I was just wondering what peoples experiences were with their business banking??
I have had my business account with them for two years, and no problems at all. They had a deal with streamline so I had my card payment account set up via them also.
HTH
Jack

I have had my business account with them for two years, and no problems at all. They had a deal with streamline so I had my card payment account set up via them also.
HTH
Jack

May i just ask (sorry to hijack)

With setting about your card machine through them how did you go about this malewaxer or trinity? Just i am soon to get my card machine sorted out, and i did ask them at santander as my business account it also with them, but they turned around and said they have no links to anything like that? :/

Do you think its worth giving them a ring? x

With setting about your card machine through them how did you go about this malewaxer or trinity? Just i am soon to get my card machine sorted out, and i did ask them at santander as my business account it also with them, but they turned around and said they have no links to anything like that? :/

They were co operatiing with Streamline and at that time they put me in contact with a sales guy from streamline, who came to see me at home and opened the account for me.. Give them a call and talk to them about that..
Hth.. Jack

I've recently opened an account and the only negative (apart from cheques taking 10 days to clear) is their online banking service. My experience has been that the site is often down, error messages pop up in Spanish and its not particularly user friendly. But hey what can you say? its freee!!!

I've recently opened an account and the only negative (apart from cheques taking 10 days to clear) is their online banking service. My experience has been that the site is often down, error messages pop up in Spanish and its not particularly user friendly. But hey what can you say? its freee!!!

I am also with Santander, and use their online banking on a daily basis and never had a single problem, it's never been down, no errors and no spanish :confused: maybe that is something to do with your computer, broadband etc...

On the cash front I pay my money into my personal Halifax account and transfer directly into santander :) as this hits instantly and also counts towards the Halifax reward account (£5 for free every month) I never, ever go into Santander for anything, I also had them set up my card machine through Elavon / Transax and also not had any issues. Although I have been informed that my business phone/broadband provider is buying Elavon in april and we might be able to get a better deal from them.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Like Malewaxer said, They offered it to my as part of my business account, simple and straightforward to organise. They direct debit out the charges each month, I upped my prices by 50p per treatment to cover the monthly rent and card charge.

Latest posts

Back