Anyone have too many clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hello Guys:)
Hope that you are all well!

I read alot of threads on the site about how therapists & nail techs are struggling to get clients in & how they have to do other jobs to make ends meet.(me for instance:irked:)
I just wondered if any of you within the hair & beauty industry actually find yourself with too many clients and wish that somedays you were LESS busy:!::!:
I thought that this thread may give us strugglers a bit of hope:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Guys:)
Hope that you are all well!

I read alot of threads on the site about how therapists & nail techs are struggling to get clients in & how they have to do other jobs to make ends meet.(me for instance:irked:)
I just wondered if any of you within the hair & beauty industry actually find yourself with too many clients and wish that somedays you were LESS busy:!::!:
I thought that this thread may give us strugglers a bit of hope:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have periods like this yes. The last week of July I was stacked out and could have booked the Friday twice over - I turned away 3 or 4 clients just for that one day:rolleyes:......

I'm not fully booked all year round, but I'm at about 75% capacity on average..... When I do have a really busy spell I do find myself sometimes wishing I had fewer clients, but then when it dies down a bit I get a rest and wish I was busy again, lmao!!!!

sometimes i do feel like i could easy drop a few....not necessarily cos i have too many but mostly cos of the way the appointments fall....i tend to have 1 quiet week out the 4....the other 3 are real busy....(not salon busy...solo home salon tech busy)

I am booked up every night for the next 4 weeks....(evenings get booked up first and fast) most of my days are full too...but do have some spaces left.

However i do not piggyback my clients...i allow enough time for me work at my own pace and to allow for a coffee between. During school times i also allow for dropping the kids off and picking them up....for me 5 clients a day is busy and as busy as i would want to be.

I am booked out 6 weeks in advance. No room for anyone unless someone cancels and then I have a waiting list that I can call on to fill the spots up.

The trick to getting booked is to make sure you get the client to pre book with you. Make it sound as though you are getting busy and if they wait to call in at the last minute, you might not be able to get them in to fit their schedule. :wink2:

When I first started, I kept a list of clients who never wanted to pre book and would throw fits if I couldn't get them in NOW. When they called in, I would check their name against my list, and if they were on it, I would book them two days out from when they wanted in. Head games yes. But it worked. They then would pre book knowing that it would be difficult to get in at the last minute.

i could lose a few!!!
i know its normal practice in salons to work back to back, but i like to feel unrushed, and when i know i have a full book, im pleased, ( why wouldnt i be?) but , im always thinking 1 down 5 to go, then 2 down 4 to go, then someone books in for one repair and i then think, oh god hurry up end of day!!!!!!
im lucky i know, as i used to be struggling for clients when mobile, so really i shouldnt complain,
but if anyone wants some of my clients, just holler!!!!

I'm just happy with the amount of clients that I have atm. I book them to suit me and don't have to be sat waiting in a salon as I am mainly mobile. I don't book them back to back if I can help it so if someone needs a repair etc I can accomodate them.
It can get a bit tricky at Christmas, prom nights and holidays and when I have one offs but I've managed to cope with that and realise that when the extra clients come to me the extra money is always at a very useful time x

I have loads of clients and I am reluctant to take anymore nail clients on as this ends up being an infill regular whuch then takes up more time. I originally chose to work Thurs, fri sat now its leaking into 5 days.:rolleyes:

Its also cos Im mobile and getting round to them takes up so much of my time. I end up missing my lunch to be on time.

I think I am busy due to my experience in this business - when a client finds me - they want to hang onto me.

Hi Guys :)

Thankyou to everyone who has replied to this thread! I think that all us nail techs/hairdressers/therapists that are struggling a bit for clientel at the moment really needed to hear some positive news xx
must appreciated thankyou:hug:

some weeks I have too much work, to juggle with running a home, cooking cleaning and looking after a baby and a 3 yr old. some weeks it seems too much, other weeks like this week I am quieter. theres no in between!

Sometimes I can be working back to back from 9.30am to 8.30 pm and other times I can have gaps and quiet times wonder what's going on.....my motto is take it while it's there.

I don't have too many clients, I'd like to have more regular nail clients which would enable me to expand the business and potentially take on another member of staff.

Latest posts

Back