Anyone having problems with clients trying to lower your prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer2089

Reaction score
Long story cut short, had a few clients enquiring about extensions I had an offer on for £130 for models, some clients said there proice range was lower, what should I do or say to clients I normally charge from £200 x

Why ?
Is your time and experience not worth £xxx
Do you not provide a great service?
Is this a business you run or a hobby/charity?
I am sure you have already thought deeply about your prices, don't devalue your service !
You would get laughed out of other businesses if you asked them to
Lower their prices, why do people think our industry is any less professional !
Show them we professional and worth it :)

Why ?
Is your time and experience not worth £xxx
Do you not provide a great service?
Is this a business you run or a hobby/charity?
I am sure you have already thought deeply about your prices, don't devalue your service !
You would get laughed out of other businesses if you asked them to
Lower their prices, why do people think our industry is any less professional !
Show them we professional and worth it :)

I've had lots of happy customers and I always work long hours and do my very best. Had afew new clients trying to get me to lower my prices, finding that a lot of people are not willing to pay more than £150 which I find a bit odd I pay more than £250for my extensions. Had clients say I can get my hair done for £120, no way you could charge that and make any profit from that price. X

I find this a lot in my area too and ive gotten to the point of not fighting to get these clients I always stick to my guns and have recently found them crawling back after getting poor quality extensions for cheap. Don't undersell yourself

Always a problem for me too but they crawlling back

I don't do extensions, but understand all the costs , etc.
Don't lower your price for one person as "they can't afford it".
If they can't afford it, then don't have it!

If you lower your prices for one cheapskate, then
you'll have to lower the prices for your exsisting clients too.

Like everyone else has said,
stick to your guns, don't bend over backwards for these people.
Chances are, they'll go elsewhere that's even cheaper and then come crawling back to you as they had poor extensions elsewhere.:wink2:

- Bit OT but still related.
I had an old man come into where I work, asking how much for a mens cut.
So I tell him, £10 - And he says "I went elsewhere and got it for £5".
My reply was "sorry, prices are fixed" And off he went.
We are NOT a barbers, yes we do mens hair but not much of it, and why should I lower my price , for the sake for £5 ?! Are we really that desparate for someone who won't be a loyal customer and will simply go whereever is cheapest. No I'm not.:biggrin:

Some people just don't understand that if they pay say £120 for hair and fitting, most likely the hair will suck!
People say this to me so I just say that there's different qualities of hair so the less you pay, the less the quality will be. I charge £150 for fitting and finish and a 3week maintenance check and most people are happy with this. Then they chose what kind of hair to get depending on their budget.
I agree with PP, don't devalue yourself!

People think that every where is desperate for clients and customers so will try it on. You wouldn't go into marks and Spencer's and haggle over the price or have a 3 course meal and argue about the charges so why do people think they can do this?

Tell them sorry but the price is non negotiable and explain you use top quality products and that you're highly trained therefor feel perfectly justified in charging the prices you charge.

People have a nerve but the trick is to stay strong and not be bullied.

People think that every where is desperate for clients and customers so will try it on. You wouldn't go into marks and Spencer's and haggle over the price or have a 3 course meal and argue about the charges so why do people think they can do this?

Tell them sorry but the price is non negotiable and explain you use top quality products and that you're highly trained therefor feel perfectly justified in charging the prices you charge.

People have a nerve but the trick is to stay strong and not be bullied.

Thank you everyone for the great advice.

this thread needed to be wrote. I am a beauty therapist and never have a problem with clients paying the asking price. however when it comes to my hair extensions everyone wants to lower the price. I created a massive problem for myself by falling I to the trap of lowering my price for extensions.

I was basically taking the lowest profit I could get away with in the hope of the word spreading and getting more work. but all that happens is I attracted people who can't really afford the extensions and has never has them before and just ended up being really awful and expecting too much.

I'd say stick the price for your services and attract the right kind of clientel, I'm not sounding awful but ut is a fact that not everyone can afford extensions and there is no such thing as cheap extensions.

I'm sticking to my guns in future as these customers turned out to be really quite awful to me.

Latest posts

Back