Anyone having problems with the new St Tropez pro booth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly_s

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone upgraded their tanning booth to St tropez's new pro booth? I upgraded ours from one of the ultimate airs and have had nothing but problems since. The tans aren't coming out as dark or lasting as long. I've had 2 booths from them and 3 guns but it's still not right. Am wondering if anyone else who has the booth has noticed a difference in the tan results?

Am getting to the stage where if it doesn't get sorted soon I will need to look at changing brands. Would appreciate any comments you have.
Thanks
Kelly

Hi
I have used St tropez for the last 5 years but about 6 months ago this happened to me tan was only lasting 3/4 days and was not dark at all, one client let me know so I called a few others to see if it had happened to them and they all said yes but they didn't want to make a fuss, called St tropez but they were not very helpful at all, I tried it out a few more times but still the same, I have now changed to another brand.x

St Tropez are THE most unhelpful company going :eek: they don't give two hoots i have nothing but trouble from them even as basic as paying for next day delivery and it not turning up for 4 days on every order! I noticed theres a huge difference in colour of tan sice they re did it all with the aroma guard etc hell of alot lighter i still get good results though just not as dark as clients would like but my clients who use it love it so i stock 2 brands one for a darker tan and St Tropez for the more natural tan. I havn't had any problems with its wearing it still lasts a good 7-10 days.

Thanks for the replies guys, I am finding them to be helpful its just that its still not fixed. It just doesn't make sense to me why its not working, it has to be the booth because not enough product is getting onto the skin.
Anyway I've got them coming out again soon so hopefully will get it sorted, I might have to follow your lead though Emily9 and look at having two brands for those that want to be darker.

St Tropez are THE most unhelpful company going :eek: they don't give two hoots i have nothing but trouble from them even as basic as paying for next day delivery and it not turning up for 4 days on every order! I noticed theres a huge difference in colour of tan sice they re did it all with the aroma guard etc hell of alot lighter i still get good results though just not as dark as clients would like but my clients who use it love it so i stock 2 brands one for a darker tan and St Tropez for the more natural tan. I havn't had any problems with its wearing it still lasts a good 7-10 days.

I agree they are so unhelpful, i have also made orders that didnt turn up and spent days chasing them as they kept saying they would get back to me and they didn't, i made a really big order and when i recieved it, only had half of the order, i called them and they just said they would send the rest, no apolgies and when it did turn up it was a month later!! its a shame though because i really did love st tropez and all their products but would not use them again as their customer service is just not good enough.x

yup ive had my booth since 2007 i have the verso think thats wat its called an since they changed the spray product ive had problems with my gun an application. they only changed it as the bigger litre lasted ages an had parabens in to last longer but because there stockist wherent ordering enough they made the excuse that they were changing the ingredients to get rid of the fake smell so now the little size of the booth solution has to b used within 6 months. used to buy the large an last ages tans were perfect an lasted 14days or so now clients are complaining not as dark an not lasting long an most of them prefered the old solution an old retail products too!! st tropez really not doing themselves any good ruining what use to be a good product.

I had no problems with the machine or tan. The only ordering problem I had was when I asked for a stock of the tanning solution for the machine and they sent the hands on application. Got replacement the next day and they were supposed to be collecting the hands on one. Courier refused to collect as it was not on his list.

I phoned them and they said to keep it!! Would have been great if we used it but we never did, oh well.

Anyway, send them writtten complaint re your machine as it obviously has a fault on it and you want another replacement. If that one is still faulty you can suggest they take it back for a refund. Have a look at the sale of goods act first though so you see what rights you and they have.

x

I appreciate the feedback! I've got an engineer from the manufacturing company coming out today so hopefully that will sort it all out, fingers crossed! It just seems strange that this is the second pro booth (they've already replaced it once) and same issue but never any issues with my ultimate air machine. Anyway I am finding them to be very helpful as a company and they seem determined to fix this for me so lets hope it all gets sorted today.

I have had nothing but problems and stress from having the Pro Booth and the service from PZ Cussons and their engineers M & L services !
Having been happy with the Ultimate Air for 4 years I decided to update to the Pro (big mistake). The gaps either side of central panel were too wide so tan was going through. When St. Tropez finally sent a replacement over 6 MONTHS LATER the gun then didn't work at all. M & L refused to send the engineer back to repair it..... to cut a long story short, I decided that I was about at the end of my tether with St. Tropez so after many telephone calls, emails (which rarely did I get a reply to) and text messages (rarely got replies to these too) they agreed to give me a full refund. I should have taken my Dad's advice and insisted on the refund either before/at time of booth being 'uplifted' but I thought they were a reputable company that would honour the full refund agreed and went along with letting them 'uplift' the booth. Now I am left with no booth and so far, no refund !! Whatsmore, the manager who authorised the refund is ignoring my phone calls and text messages ! I will get my full refund eventually because I am seeking legal advice, and today I have learnt that they have recently lost two court cases similar to mine.

Latest posts

Back