Anyone heard of Hot Nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del3

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if any gel users could help me out with a question.

A lady came into the salon today to book an appointment. i asked her if she'd had nail enhancements before and she that she had.

She had been to the beauty salon in my village and had gel nails.
She said that she normaly has difficulty keeping her enhancements on as they tend to 'pop' off :rolleyes:
I asked her did she return to the salon to have her 'poped off nails' redone and she said yes, but was told by the nail tech that the reason that this was happening was because she had HOT NAILS.:confused:
Aparently as she was having her treatment the gel was running all over the place (flooding the cutilce) and she was told then that this was happening because of the HOT NAILS.

Now I'm not a gel user and I have never come accross this problem or condition.

I felt her fingers and they felt normal to me!!

What I would like to know is does this condition exsit?
Is this a normal/familier problem for gel techs?
Or was she being fed a load of cobblers??? :lol:

Thanks
xx:hug:xx

Last edited:
Hi Del, I have not heard of hot nails. If I had a client with hot hands and found the gel being applied ran (warmth would make gel runnier) I would adjust how I applied it, say one finger at a time in thin layers and increase the layers to get the required enhancement. So with all that said, sounds odd or sounds like the salon could not be bothered. Maybe another tech will know more.

hot nails is not a condition ive heard of.:rolleyes:

as debbie says, its just an excuse for the nail tech. adjusting technique would sort out any problem of this nature.

Hi,
I was wondering if any gel users could help me out with a question.

A lady came into the salon today to book an appointment. i asked her if she'd had nail enhancements before and she that she had.

She had been to the beauty salon in my village and had gel nails.
She said that she normaly has difficulty keeping her enhancements on as they tend to 'pop' off :rolleyes:
I asked her did she return to the salon to have her 'poped off nails' redone and she said yes, but was told by the nail tech that the reason that this was happening was because she had HOT NAILS.:confused:
Aparently as she was having her treatment the gel was running all over the place (flooding the cutilce) and she was told then that this was happening because of the HOT NAILS.

Now I'm not a gel user and I have never come accross this problem or condition.

I felt her fingers and they felt normal to me!!

What I would like to know is does this condition exsit?
Is this a normal/familier problem for gel techs?
Or was she being fed a load of cobblers??? :lol:

Thanks
xx:hug:xx

Del, in Yorkshire we'd say that's a load of 'boll**ks'. Of course I would dream of saying that on this site!! :lol:

Last edited:
Hey i haven't heard of this as a condition but i was doing gel laquer on a clients toes and her feet and toes were very hot and when i applied the white gel for the french tip the gel seemed to shrivel a bit before even had the chance to get it on all 5 nails so i think very hot hands or toes can effect the initial application of gel and make it a bit more difficult to apply but i wouldn't class hot nails as a condition or as a cause of lifting!!! I would say you just have to work a bit quicker with your gel application!!! But i have to say i have been doing nails 8 years and have only recently came across this problem on 1 client so it doesn't happen often anyway!!! N its not an excuse for the lifting of nails..........i don't think anyway!!! Hope this helps but it also may depend on the gel you use wether this happens or not??????

Well in the immortal words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman "that's one I've not heard of before". (well I adapted is slightly!)

It sounds to me like the gel is too self levelling in the first place, I've used gel like that and it's a nightmare. But I think to say the cause was Hot Nails is stretching the imagination a little far

... unless someone knows different!?

Last edited:
It sounds to me another excuse used by a nail tech who dosen't know what she is taking about...sorry, but when clients are told a load of ''bollocks'' it's so angers me!! :mad:

It should not matter whether clients hands or feet are hot, cold or in between. When gel is applied to the nail plate, it's down to the technician to sculpt the gel into a nail form/shape and not to get any gel onto the skin no matter how cold or warm the nails are.
The Technician should have full control of gel, sculpting with the brush.

In winter months, my gel is slightly thicker to sculpt with and the opposite in summer, not runnier, but softer to work with, hence you have to work alittle faster to sculpt and 'lock-cure' each nail.

It not the clients with the 'hot nails' fault, it's the technician who can't control their application of gel.

Del, in Yorkshire we'd say that's a load of 'bollocks'. Of course I would dream of saying that on this site!! :lol:

:lol:Well I did think so, but I had to ask:lol:

Thanks evryone

xxx:hug:xxx

Latest posts

Back