Anyone heard of the NCFE qualification?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneezy_Peaches

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am looking to start a course in beauty therapy but I need to be able to complete it from home.

I currently work shifts so its difficult to go to a college.

NVQs are so expensive so I found a course that gives you a NCFE qualification (National Council for Further Education) but am confused whether I'll actually be able to get fully qualified with this or if its better to do the NVQ?

Does anyone have this qualification or know whether it would be accepted in a salon?

Thanks! xxx

A client of mine was looking as doing an NCFE and I checked with her if ABT would insure her for the qualification and they said no. Suggest you stick with at least NVQ or higher...

I used to do performing arts and did a singing qualification with NCFE and it was EXTREMELY easy to pass. I think the qualifications are recognised on some level but not to the extent that the more widely taken qualifications are.

I recommend doing a course where you at least get some contact with the training provider for the practical stuff. for the time and money that you're putting in, you want to come away with more than self teaching. you'll need to be able to do a treatment with confidence and just the bit of paper at the end of a course won't give you that.

best of luck, i hope you manage to find something that works for you :)

I used to teach NCFE level 1 and its equivalent of a level 1 NVQ as in pass for turning up.

If you are serious about getting employed by people then I would suggest you ring around a few insurance companies and ask them firstly would they insure you.

Hi I have a NCFE in level 1 beauty but I did this at a college quite a few years ago and if it's anything like mine was it is the total basics of a few treatments I went on to get my NVQ level 2 beauty and a level 3 holistic diploma, I think for you just to do the NCFE it might not be enough and I doubt u would feel competent to do clients, definitely check with insurance too hth :) xxx

Hi guys

I am looking to start a course in beauty therapy but I need to be able to complete it from home.

I currently work shifts so its difficult to go to a college.

NVQs are so expensive so I found a course that gives you a NCFE qualification (National Council for Further Education) but am confused whether I'll actually be able to get fully qualified with this or if its better to do the NVQ?

Does anyone have this qualification or know whether it would be accepted in a salon?

Thanks! xxx

Hiya

I used to work for a company that delivered a NCFE accredited qualification (Not within the Beauty Industry) NCFE used to be an acronym for Northern Council for Further Education but since going national they are simply referred to as NCFE without it being an acronym.

Where I worked it was an accredited course, which means that the training provider wrote the qualification themselves. This could mean that the standards are slightly different than the likes of City and Guilds that set the standards for a lot of the NVQs and VRQs available in colleges etc.

Thats not to say it is any less of a qualification but I do not think NCFE is as well recognised with in the Beauty Industry.

I would definitely recommend training at a college, salon etc over training at home on your own. You need to have someone there who can advise, correct, give feedback, demonstrate etc etc.

I know a lot of people have commitments and maybe can't attend full time but there are loads of evening / weekend courses available. Maybe you could try one of those?

What ever you go with, good luck :)

Latest posts

Back