Anyone heard of this- here we go again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG How could I forget Aqua Manda Perfume. Too funny Marian. Another one my mother approved of was 4711 Cologne !!! lol

I watched this morning, re-run from the midnight launch and I have to say..well!! I didnt like the polish..looked a bit like the stuff that you can buy for 6 year olds..the cuticle prep consisted of a few motions in the right direction with an orange stick and the colours didn't move me at all either! Give me Gelish every time!
And Alison said it will stay on even if you do gardening in it...errmmm I don't think soooooo! And if the prep's not done properly, we all know its gonna lift quickly!
As said, if I was one of the brands of polish on QVC I wouldn't be too chuffed my brand has been almost tossed aside for this! Five minute wonder and the clients will be back to their nail techs.. :wink2:

The reason I posted the link from this morning is because I just didn't think they would retail such a product. I am fully aware of how products evolve onto the high street however you don't see them retailing acrylic kits etc, and why? because you need professional training for it. I agree with mini4mum's post.

Also, CND Shellac is widely available on Amazon now so not only can the public get their hands on the cheap versions, they can now get their hands on the real deal. Such a shame.

Acrylic kits have been available for over 15 years. I remember getting one years ago. It's hard to do! Most of us started as DIYers!

If the only reason that your clients come to you is because of your access to pro-only products, then you are doomed. There is no product in the world that a determined DIYer can't get her hands on. It is the quality of your work and the experience that you offer that really matters.

I've just had a quick look at this as its on QVC now. The lady just went through the process and said that you had to "texturise" the nail BED - ouch!! ;)

Exactly Geeg! I tried an acrylic kit from Boots when I was in my teens ( a VERY long time ago). Shocking results :p

I bought one too. One of the definate, it's not as easy as it looks moments!

People will buy these things, but only once! They work out its not all that easy, put it in a cupboard somewhere and never use it again

I'm of to do a mother and daughters Gelish at the weekend who i know has bought her own products in the past.

The daughter has about 15 colours and has still called and booked me to do her nails. Why? Because she has worked out she cant do a proffessional job herself!

I bought one too. One of the definate, it's not as easy as it looks moments!

People will buy these things, but only once! They work out its not all that easy, put it in a cupboard somewhere and never use it again

I'm of to do a mother and daughters Gelish at the weekend who i know has bought her own products in the past.

The daughter has about 15 colours and has still called and booked me to do her nails. Why? Because she has worked out she cant do a proffessional job herself!

So does she ask for you to do it cheaper because she has already bought the products?

In any case unless an individual is well trained the results wont be the same so the customers who fall for this will be disappointed because they are not professional manicurists.

So does she ask for you to do it cheaper because she has already bought the products?

She didnt thankfully. I wouldnt use her products either way. She pays my normal rate and gets my well looked after, proffessionally used products in the price :D

Don't tell anyone, but so did I :D

I Think mine came from good old Woolworths, along with my Tangee see-through-pink lipstick (the only one my mother would let me wear) my 'clearly pink' Cutex polish (the only one my mother would let me wear) and the Ponds Cold Cream !! lol Thank the lord for Mary Quant and her green and blue polish in the 60's (well away from mum by this time)!

This made me smile the things we did.... Back in the day😥😃

Well ladies the way I see it is this

You never hear people getting angry about boots,superdrug,tescos,asda,newlook and pharmacists all around selling nail polish.......has I stopped women getting there nails done.....no.

All nail polish adverts on tv either say non smudge,quick drying,peel resistant ect and are they......very few.

QVC sell all sorts and to be honest I don't care it dosnt bother me alot of people will try things and never do it again lol.

Look at Nicole chair swinger lol she's the face of the stick on manicure I mean come on it's laughable.

Boots sell nail wraps do I care no because it dosnt effect me.

I hope a few people buy this QVC stuff realise that they have a bit of talent realise that QVC isn't the way forward and go and train and buy good products and join in on our experiences and love what there doing.

I mean look at Gigi she bought a kit from woolys back in the day and look
where she is now lol:D mined you Gigi could make cement look nice on nails lol.XX

So ladies just don't worry bout it lol x

I would just like to say that you have all made me laugh after a very long day!!! It's so refreshing to see that we all stick together in these times and offer advise!!!

Exactly! Most (not all!) ideas will end up in the retail stores. Clients that get good service and results will always be clients. Consumers that like to do their own nails will.....do their own. But many will convert into clients to get it done better!

Stop worrying. If you like your professional status make sure your results are far better than the average consumer can achieve and stick,to the pro only brands

I had an australian lady come to me for Shellac this week. She was on holiday visitiing uk relatives.

She already had shellac on so it was removal and re-apply. Whilst applying the polish, she says

" fab stuff isn't it, I've got this sytem at home, you get it from hong kong don't you"

I wasn't about to burst her bubble now she'd gone and paid for the stuff but explained that mine had come from the uk official distributor, but did then ask her if she had done the shellac I had just removed

"oh no, I had these done in a salon"

So there you go, even someone who has "the complete system" still goes to a salon.

Must say I did chuckle though, I asked how she found application with her home system, she said it was great although the one she had left a sticky layer on her nails when she finished - really i said, how strange :evil: !!!!!

I saw Red Carpet Nails system on Pixiwoo on the makeup products of the week video recently and they have loads of subscribers including me and I love their makeup tutorials however them advertising gel nail system is not a good idea. On the video Stacey who works with Pixiwoo had put some on and they were saying it was fantastic and a really smooth finish etc.

I guess however people will go to pro nail techs to get a professional service. X

just jumping in on this as I was searching yesterday for some Konad supplies and found this site. They are selling CND Shellac to anyone. You don't have to show certificate to get an account and are selling all products on the site to the general public. There is even a contest to win a life time's supply of Shellac!

CND Shellac Nails - Free Canadian Shipping! | Nail Polish Canada

Not sure but this doesn't seem like something they would have gotten permission to do from CND so any geeks out there that work for CND you might want to check this out ?

I really don't think that it is real shellac, every tech needs to show that they are trained, I'm sure geeg will have something to say to set this straight x

The reason I posted the link from this morning is because I just didn't think they would retail such a product. I am fully aware of how products evolve onto the high street however you don't see them retailing acrylic kits etc, and why? because you need professional training for it. I agree with mini4mum's post.

Also, CND Shellac is widely available on Amazon now so not only can the public get their hands on the cheap versions, they can now get their hands on the real deal. Such a shame.
hmmm you can buy acrylic kits and uv gel kits from anywhere now,boots,argos,etc
they can also buy a nail file,cuticle removal cream,moisturiser,nail polish!but they still come in the salon for a basic manicure or even a file and paint....and makeup and other stuff that you can do yourself,but will you get the same result as in the salon?
xxx

Latest posts

Back