Anyone know of a good L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sazette

Reaction score
<SPAN style="COLOR: black">Hey guys,

Hiya, im sure there are many good ones....lol,
I can only advise on the system i use which is creative which i think is great have tried a few others over the years but have always used Creative on my clients.
Are you already trained? if so
What system are you using currently?

There are many peeps here using a wide selection of systems, once you decide on the one you want you will always have someone to give you advice on here..
Good luck

Thanks for your reply - thats just the thing there are so many, its hard to know where to start!
Have heard creative is good, do i need to be creative trained to be able to use their L&P?
I am trained - at the moment i use Simplicite by NSI, it seems ok but lifts quite quickly but then that could be me i suppose!
Sazette x

Not to sure, but if your trained in L&P then i would hope not,
at least not to buy a try me kit.
But if its advice on NSI your looking for ask Carole Lindsay, im pretty
sure she is NSI trained and she is very helpful..

I beleive you should fully develop your skills in the product you trained in before trying to swap... As i say if its tips on NSI then Carole is the lady for you..

There is always the Geek meet on sept 11th at carole's in Barnet, i will be there and will have Creative bits with me..

Hope this helps hun

Nice one will defo have a word with Carole and see if she can let me in on any handy hints! You have a very good point - probably best i keep with this L&P for now and not confuse the issue just yet! But saying that if creative do a try me kit will be very tempted to give that a go........will keep 11th sept in mind for sure, will be great to meet some people and pick up a few bits.

You have defo helped - Thanks

Sazette said:
Nice one will defo have a word with Carole and see if she can let me in on any handy hints! You have a very good point - probably best i keep with this L&P for now and not confuse the issue just yet! But saying that if creative do a try me kit will be very tempted to give that a go........will keep 11th sept in mind for sure, will be great to meet some people and pick up a few bits.

You have defo helped - Thanks
Your are more than welcome, its refreshing to be able too hun..

Im not to far from you so if you ever want to meet and play with creative L&P, i would be more than happy to do so.
That way you can make your mind up before spending anymore money..

Sazette said:
Thanks for your reply - thats just the thing there are so many, its hard to know where to start!
Have heard creative is good, do i need to be creative trained to be able to use their L&P?
I am trained - at the moment i use Simplicite by NSI, it seems ok but lifts quite quickly but then that could be me i suppose!
Sazette x

hi there.....you have to be a qualified technician to be able to purchase a creative l&p trial kit so you could buy that ok but if you like it when you try it you must then train with creative to be able to buy full size l&p products......you can purchase any other items from creative as long as you are qualified, its only l&p that you cannot buy unless creative trained

hope i have helped :)

stanleyann

I may be wrong, but I think I read that to do the Creative L&P Conversion course you have to be a qualified tech, yes, but you also have to have been working for a year in the industry. If I am wrong about this someone please correct me!

gingernut said:
Not to sure, but if your trained in L&P then i would hope not,
at least not to buy a try me kit.
But if its advice on NSI your looking for ask Carole Lindsay, im pretty
sure she is NSI trained and she is very helpful..

I beleive you should fully develop your skills in the product you trained in before trying to swap... As i say if its tips on NSI then Carole is the lady for you..

There is always the Geek meet on sept 11th at carole's in Barnet, i will be there and will have Creative bits with me..

Hope this helps hun
Hey Jamie thanx for all the compliments but i'm not NSI trained and dont use their products. Sazette, if you want a recommendation from me it would be Ezflow as i absolutely love their l&p. Its easy to use as it virtually self-levels and i've needed to do minimal filing afterwards.

Each system works a little differently unless you are buying private lable.

Private lable generic products are less sophisticated chemically so therefore it is necessary to be more aggresive to the nail plate itself in order for the product to stick well to the plate.

Personally I look for what a product willdofor ME.
There are very good reasons why Creative is at the top of the tree as far as nail products go. And 10 reasons why I chose to use it in the first instance were.

1. It is a branded line and clients in the know ask for it by name.
2. As long as you clean the nail plate well, there is no need to use any other product such as a primer to get the product to adhere well. Quicker and easier to apply.
3. The product bonds to keratin (the main component of the nail plate) covalently (the only product that does this). No nail plate damage.
3. It has a Silky finish which requires very little finishing.
4. It is not self leveling but rather domes and flows to make a beautiful shape without too much help from the technician.
5. The product never yellows.
6. Each appointment the nails look like a new set.
7. The range is supported by the finest aftercare products in the world.
8. Your clients love YOU for using it.
9. CND have a full Manicure and Pedicure line and Spa services to support every aspect of nail care.
10. Training has a reputation that is the best.

The training is free if you wish to convert to the product. There is only the kit to purchase.

Creative products do sound very attractive but is it the case that you must have been in the industry for at least 12 months to do a conversion course?

And would that be to convert from your trained L&P to Creatives or from your fiberglass to their Fabric# etc etc. I guess a few others might be thinking the same so thought I'd ask.

Sonia

Ive tried alot of L&P products because I wanted to be certain I was using what I think to be the best.
In September I left my job in a nail salon to become self employed. Since then I have tried loads and decided to stick with everything I thought was the best. I am so fussy every product I tried I had training with to make sure I was using the product correctly. Heres my list ov what I use and why. Hope this helps.
L&P
Out ov all L&P's im happy to stick with OPI Compitition 3000 because it provided me with the strongest enhancements. Clients that needed infills at 2 wks with other l&p's could happily go 3 wks with no problems. The mix ratio was easy to pick up and therefore is very consistent. The nails had less lifting using this than any other product. The pick has a lovey warm glow to it.
Files
Ezflows nail files last longer than any other files ive tried. They also have a good shape which all allows allows great contact,allowing the job to be done quicker.
3 way buffer
I love creatives three way girlfriend buffer. It provides the best longlasting shine with minimal effort and for some reason the customers love the look ov it!
Cuticle oil
Creatives solar oil is fab. The smell, consistency and shine it produces with a buffer is wicked.
L&P Brush
Ezflows 508. What a diamond! Helps make beautiful smooth nails and is great for producing perfect smile lines as it goes to a perfect point yet the belly ov brush is nice and thick.
Polishes
I love OPI polishes and so do my customers but sometimes they don't have the exact colour im looking for so I hav recently purchased some creative ones and so far am very happy with them.
Glitter acrylic
I mix my own using glitter I buy from NSI

I still test things on my mum, sister and best buddies but so far nothing has swayed me to change any ov the above.

ALEX said:
Ive tried alot of L&P products because I wanted to be certain I was using what I think to be the best.
In September I left my job in a nail salon to become self employed. Since then I have tried loads and decided to stick with everything I thought was the best. I am so fussy every product I tried I had training with to make sure I was using the product correctly. Heres my list ov what I use and why. Hope this helps.
L&P
Out ov all L&P's im happy to stick with OPI Compitition 3000 because it provided me with the strongest enhancements. Clients that needed infills at 2 wks with other l&p's could happily go 3 wks with no problems. The mix ratio was easy to pick up and therefore is very consistent. The nails had less lifting using this than any other product. The pick has a lovey warm glow to it.
Files
Ezflows nail files last longer than any other files ive tried. They also have a good shape which all allows allows great contact,allowing the job to be done quicker.
3 way buffer
I love creatives three way girlfriend buffer. It provides the best longlasting shine with minimal effort and for some reason the customers love the look ov it!
Cuticle oil
Creatives solar oil is fab. The smell, consistency and shine it produces with a buffer is wicked.
L&P Brush
Ezflows 508. What a diamond! Helps make beautiful smooth nails and is great for producing perfect smile lines as it goes to a perfect point yet the belly ov brush is nice and thick.
Polishes
I love OPI polishes and so do my customers but sometimes they don't have the exact colour im looking for so I hav recently purchased some creative ones and so far am very happy with them.
Glitter acrylic
I mix my own using glitter I buy from NSI

I still test things on my mum, sister and best buddies but so far nothing has swayed me to change any ov the above.
This is an excellent list, very helpful. Thank you. I am not happy with the brush I got in my NSI l&p kit, so may try the one you mention.

This has been a great help - Alex your list is brill and i will defo be taking some of your tips especially with the files and L&P brush. I now also have few recommended L&P's to look into. Would love to give creative a try as i am hoping to convert to creative within the next 6 months & love the look of their products, so gingernut will be in touch re that! Carole - will give Ezflow a go 1st as i like the self leveling idea!
Thanks everyone you have all been great - this is just waht i need.

Laters

Glad 2 b ov sum help.

Hi,

i have only used a couple of L&P products, i trained with Star with their performance L&P but have to say i did find it hard to get on with. Plus as i developed an allergy to it i had to find something else.

I had a go at Creative and EZ Flow, and decided on EZ Flow. I did like the way Creative felt and was relatively easy to apply, but just got on better with EZ Flow. You can get a try me kit from Creative as long as you are a trained tech, then you have to do a conversion course after being trained for a year. I think the only way you can do it sooner is if you book a one on one course for so many hours. I know someone else who said that's what they are doing, if i have that wrong can someone correct me please.

As for EZ Flow i just find that i produce better nails, they are smoother, easy to get on with the ratio, minimal fileing is needed and the smell is reasonable. Its everyone's choice to what they use, so try some sample kits and see how ytou get on, I don't think you can go wrong with EZ Flow or Creative so see what you like.

Hi there,

Just to go back a few posts...I also use NSI Simplicite at the moment and that's what I have trained with - however I have also found more lifting when my client's return for their infills. I don't know if this is due to improper nail plate prep but I do take my time with this to ensure is is properly prepped - especially after I noticed that my clients have more lifting than my colleagues clients (ans she uses EZ Flow or Claws by Star Nails).

Anyway, so now I am thinking about converting myself - so might try EZ Flow and also Young Nails - their products are of good quality and having had a demonstartion fron Steve (of Young Nails) I am very interested in trying out their products - main thing is to see if they work for you!

Best of luck with finding the product for YOU....
Tisha

Latest posts

Back