Anyone know of a very bright copper?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair2Beauty

Reaction score
Hi,

Im hoping for a little advice on a colour client i have just had in...

She had a crazy colour so hope you understand this:
Natural Base: 6.3 (dark golden blonde)
Slices (parting only) Majicontrast pure copper 40vol and 8.45 20vol
Top section (inbetween foils (foil & tone)) colour suprime 8.31 20vol
Underneath & hairline 5.0 20vol

She brought this list in with colours she had had done last few times,she had in dec majimeche which had been over processed so the last few inches on the top section are very dry & don't hold the bright coppers more than 2 weeks.

She likes the slices screaming copper and i didnt want to use majicontrast at all as its ment for base shades 5 and darker but couldnt think of anything else bright enough (as to be fair you could see the copper from a mile away!) so i swapped the 40vol for 20vol as it didnt need lifting further.
Im just wondering what will be a good alternative to using majicontrast pure copper and will hold the color better on the majimeche damaged ends?!
I was thinking of trying to order in some loreal composite colours like copper whisper or flaming copper,does anyone have any ideas of a very bright copper (with no red hint - basically orange)??

If not from Loreal then another brand would be fine,

Thanks for any help you can all give!

:eek:

weela koleston reda are quite bright ,not natural reds .

Hi you were right to swap to 20 vol /6% when using the majicontrast as it already has lightners in it and never needs any more than 6% ,

as you know once you have been over the hair with majicontrast (which is a lightning and deposit colour )
the next time around the lightened will hair only need colour deposit ,

so when you have done the roots with the copper lightening and deposit product of your choice
you could swap over to a deposit colour only for the already lightened
parts of the hair ,

someone on here on here was saying she swaps over to another bowl of majicontrast mixed with a little water

and she uses this for the ends of the hair where she only needs the pure tonal deposit without any of the lightening
(you could run some test pieces on this first )

or if you are using wella you could just swap to a semi / quasi permanent in pure tone
wella colourtouch for the ends , they have a great mix and more pure tone 0/34 orange fire you can use this just on its own mixed with a teeny bit of water
it is a very rich and bright pure copper tone,
I have even used copper pre pig by scwharskopf which held pretty well
or any sort of crazy colour/ fudge colour in copper

The only thing as you know
is once the hair is over processed the tone doesnt really hold vey well
and as you know reds and coppers are the worst colours for fading,

therefore she may need to get rid of these over processed bits by eventually having them cut off
and in the meantime just keep refreshing the copper with pure tone on the lightened bits ,

Ps if there is blonde in the hair you will have to be very careful that the copper tone doesnt run into this
also be sure she uses a good colour shampoo and conditioner :hug:

I hope this made sense x :hug: x minky

Thats great info thanks! (I was hoping you would reply!!)
How do i mix the wella pure tone? Ive never used this before.
Adding water to the mixture is a great idea i do this with tints to refresh the ends and it never occured to me to do this with majicontrast!?

Thats great info thanks! (I was hoping you would reply!!)
How do i mix the wella pure tone? Ive never used this before.
Adding water to the mixture is a great idea i do this with tints to refresh the ends and it never occured to me to do this with majicontrast!?

Colour touch is for using on damp hair and is usually used with a colour releaser which is 1.9% or 4% ,

but you can use water with the mix tones 0/34 orange fire to pre pig and add pure tone too,

so you could spray the ends ever so lightly with a water spray and then put it on neat ,

or you could add a little touch of water to it instead just to make it turn into a workable consitency ,
and so the hair will be dampened with it too

say if you use 30 mls of a tube then around 10 mls of water
(or a little more if needed)
to make it like a workable tint in consistency
(not too thick and not too runny )

:hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back