anyone looked at nail style gallery on cnd.com?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I was just wondering if any of you have looked at the nail style gallery on CND.com.

I have had a go at a couple of them with not much success. In particular I have tried the french satin one under global chic but i can't seem to get my polishes to swirl together. They always seem to form a thin film on the top of the water - any ideas what i am doing wrong?

could you post a link so we can get a peek?

ooohhh thanks.....I might have to have a go as well !:biggrin:

When you swirl the polish, only do it in the center or you will find it will just stick to itself as it forms a skin. Plus, when you lift the finger out, you might need to use a cocktail stick to go around the edge of the nail to break the excess polish away.

I hope this makes sense??

Great thread i would never of known that you could do this!!!:D

Thanks for the link,I have never seen this cnd website before.:biggrin:

ok so when you put your blobs of nail polish in do you aim to put them on top of each other or next to each other or what? I am finding that by time I have put all 4 in the first one has formed a skin so the won't swirl

the process you are talking about is called water marbeling here are the steps hth's

Marbling Prep
In this close-up on marbling we are going to take a look at marbling on tips or directly onto the natural nail.
For designing on tips make sure you prepare a skewer or chop stick by wrapping double sided tape around one end, this will be used to attach the tip to. Then apply a base coat to the tip.
For work on a natural nail be sure to have a cotton bud and nail polish remover ready.
Prepare the natural nail as per usual, wipe the surface of the nail with alcohol to remove oil and debris, then apply a base coat.
Timing is critical with marbling so being fully prepared is a must.
Nail polish hardens quickly on the water surface so as part of your preperation be sure to have all the bottles you are planning to use open and ready to go.

nail_how2marbleA.jpg
nail_how2marbleB.jpg
nail_how2marbleC.jpg
nail_how2marbleD.jpg
nail_how2marbleE.jpg
A~G: Fill a cup or glass with water, almost to the lip -90% full.Add the colours of your choice by placing each drop gently onto the surface of the water. Nail polish is the next important element in marbling.
The nail polish should be of good quality and of a liquid even consistancy. Poorer quality polish of inconsistant texture will not result in the desired effect.

H~O: Use a pin or needle, dragging it from one edge to the other to create the desired look. Experiment, have fun!

P: Insert the nail or tip into the water.

Q: Remove the excess nail polish while the tip is submerged. This is key to the success of this type of marbling.

R: Once the rough edges have been cleaned remove the tip from the water. NATURAL NAIL-Remove any excess polish from the surrounding skin using a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover.

S: Apply a top coat NATURAL NAIL-Wash the hand then apply an essential oil moisturiser to the skin to prevent drying.

Heres the link *BEAUTY & NAIL TIPS - A FOCUS ON NAIL ART(Marble) -*
it has some cute stuff on it.

Also instead of soaking all the polish up before taking out the nail if you take a needle toothpick something like that and move it around the edge of the nail to seperate the polish from the dipped nail that way when you lift it it doesnt coat over its self and your not wasting a bunch of polish. Its normal for the skin thats what happens once its set up (this can happen quickly) just take something and move it around the skin will stick and your surface is back to just water and you are ready for a couple of more nails.

If you have any q's just ask im not sure I explained myself well.

Also:

Be sure the water is on the warm side. Cold water will also cause it to form a skin.

hth's

thanks geeks
I shall have another go!

Just wanted to add, don't use the polishes that have a sheen, they tend to just separate and not swirl, but if you use a strong colour one, they will do what is being shown above.

Plus i would have all the lids loose of the polishes you are going to use, that way you can drop the colours quickly, or they will dry before you have finished.

Latest posts

Back