Anyone recommend a neon polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
I am CND trained, bought the neon powders yesterday & am struggling with them, did a friends nails tonight & they were shocking.... They went on the colour pops fine yesterday, there just so messy, I hate working with cream puff, you do it thin there is brush marks, it wrinkles I just hate it, I won't be doing White nails in the summer

These aren't for me, but I would like to offer neon still, I'm going to sell on my powders (bought yesterday)

What neon polishes are good.. I know models own do one but it isn't professional really to whip this out as a client can get this themselves from Boots.

Hey,

Are you sure you've given the neon powders a fair go? Everything takes time to get used to.

Cream puff can be a nightmare so I use studio white instead when I want a full white nail, have you tried this? Also try putting clearly pink over your white instead of top coat to add your powders onto, it's less sticky than top coat so your brush won't get in a mess and will make removal easier.

How are you using your powders? They are meant to be lightly feathered on, not burnished in like additives. Perhaps this is why you're getting in a pickle? Might be worth giving it another go before you give up. They really do look fab!x

Gelish have a set of neons, really nice, and they will cure in your CND lamp. The pink is really popular for me.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393451236.382245.jpg

I LOVE my Gelish neons and they go down a storm in summer, especially the pink, purple & orange xx

Pink Thistle or Miss Halle have you got colour swatches with them on? Are they applied like shellac same steps just different curing time

Aayspa

I will buy studio white if it's easier to apply

I didn't burnish them in just pressed slightly & then soft brushed the excess off

I don't have clearly pink so can't use that as a top coat, it's just all the mess on the skin as well from the powders

Prep
lightly buff nail (but I get the impression lot of geeks don't do this with Gelish), wipe clean (scrubfresh),
dehydrate,
foundation scrubbed into nail 5 sec cure,
dry brush,
2 colour coats 30sec cure,
Top It Off 30 sec cure
wipe off sticky layer.

I'm off today so don't have colour pops to show you xx

Hi geeks

I've finally got to use my neons, but I found I struggled with then too!
They look amazing though!

I found cream puff so thick, I added the neon & top coat, but my nails both times have chipped and lifted and peeled, didn't last long within a week I took them off.

Then I find some bits weren't covered to you get the odd white bit showing.

Am I right to put the neon pigments directly on top of 2 coats of cream puff? Or do I top coat then put pigment powder on top then top coat again?

I like to to add mine straight onto Cream Puff or Studio White, sealed with either Clearly Pink or Silver VIP Status, then topcoat.

I also like to mix the pigments with MegaMix to make a neon gel polish :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406299792.623523.jpg

Is that chevron print bundle monster Sarah?
I wanted it ages ago and forgot..lol! But that piccy has re - ignited my neeeeeed to have it !!!

Thanks

Is that chevron print bundle monster Sarah?
I wanted it ages ago and forgot..lol! But that piccy has re - ignited my neeeeeed to have it !!!

Thanks

Yes! Bundle Monster CYO 2013 collection xx

I found that mixing my neon shadow with my megamix turned the neon orange into a horrible dark orangey colour and wasn't the true neon. I would rather use it this way so how can I keep the colours true neon? Is it the ratio?
I used the neon cnd nail shadows. Thanks

I am CND trained, bought the neon powders yesterday & am struggling with them, did a friends nails tonight & they were shocking.... They went on the colour pops fine yesterday, there just so messy, I hate working with cream puff, you do it thin there is brush marks, it wrinkles I just hate it, I won't be doing White nails in the summer

These aren't for me, but I would like to offer neon still, I'm going to sell on my powders (bought yesterday)

What neon polishes are good.. I know models own do one but it isn't professional really to whip this out as a client can get this themselves from Boots.

China glaze have fab neons! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406453607.168312.jpg
Not a very good pic of mine but I found these on google although the pics really don't do them justice.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406453893.721776.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406453903.193634.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406453912.827527.jpg

Flip flop fantasy is a gorgeous neon similar to gelish I'm brighter than you.
Xx

Gel II (launching in the UK in September, but currently available online at www.buygeltwo.com) sell amazing neon gel polishes, they also have a normal polish line called Polish II that has matching colours, so more neons for you!

Take a look - I think you'll be presently surprised at the price (and the product is awesome too!)

Latest posts

Back