Anyone see my Nan at Olympia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I couldn't afford to go to the show. It's not a very long story - involves my Olympia spending money and some Prince tickets!! :lol:

Ok, so I made a call, Prince won! - but I am gutted the choice had to be made atall - Poop happens I guess!

So, I've been closing my eyes, blocking my ears, waiting for Olympia Beauty come and then to fade into the distance and for August to arrive!
Tuesday, my Dad calls. My Nan has just returned from a year in India - wanted me and mine to visit for a bit of a weekend reunion..... Great, something to get my mind off the show - So I thought!!

So yesterday, I was doing my Mum and Sisters nails, when my Nan said 'I didn't know you did this'. I explained that I had trained whilst she had been away, blah blah blah.

She says,' Are you going to the show at Olympia? I'm going on Monday with my friend'.
Sorry!? What!!??
:eek: This is my Nan!! - 72yrs

She starts detailing her friends shopping list etc. OMG!! I had a shopping list!! :cry:

'I go to all the shows with my friend, she gets fantastic deals..... You should go!' .......... goes on to subtly explain why I'm a fool to allow it to pass by.......

So I tell her that I have tickets for the show - I was going to go Sunday (that day), but I'm Skint. I'm Gutted I can't go, I have been waiting for yonks! Don't really want to talk about it anymore Nan!:cry::lol:.

That was it! Off she went into freebies and demos......all the money I could have saved... :irked::cry:

I'm listening to her and suddenly realise - this is making me feel sick!!
Yep, I know what to expect, but I can't go......... stop rubbing it in Nan!!!!

I never thought I would say this, but I seriously considered kicking my Nans butt :lol:.

Nan spent the next few hours flicking through my copy of Scratch, insisting on showing me every page which had reference to the show on it!!

Anyone see my Nan? She would have been the one with lots of bags and Horns coming out of her head!! :lol:

Did any of your Nans go to the show?
Get you anything nice!!??
:lol:

That made me laugh, but you know something - mine nan would have loved going to Olympia if she had the chance before she died.

Have you spoken to her since she come back - or is she still there being kicked out when they close! :lol:

She hasn't called yet, but she will! :lol:

It's not that she was going to the show - I would have loved it if I had bumped into my Nan up there!
But it was like pure torture! I never knew how evil my Nan could be! :cry:
(My Mum told me so!!:lol:)

LOL!! You have one cool nan there.:lol::lol:

What a hoot that story is...i had a picture of you "kickin" your nans butt...:lol:

that made me laugh - i love nans!!! xx

Nan's are great. Mine is still a diva and she is 94.

Latest posts

Back