Anyone starting college September 2015?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked other colleges nearby? I'm really surprised they're insisting you do level 1 first. Most colleges let mature students start at level 2.

Sometimes they make you do level 1 because of 'key skills'.

Depending on your age they'll look at your GCSEs for maths and English.

But if it's too long they make you redo your key skills and you wouldn't be suitably qualified to start level 2. Meaning they assume you received less than an E at O level/GSCE.

Hi I'm 38 and I'm starting an ITEC in beauty therapy next month. Although I have done lots of individual courses over time I wanted to gain an internationally recognised qualification that means I can work anywhere. If it's still available I will probably do the level three next year as well. My course is part-time two days a week running from September to July. I wanted to study beauty therapy since I left school! [emoji4]

I also did the ITEC beauty course. Be prepared for A LOT of paperwork. The majority of the course is paperwork rather than practical.

Hi I'm 38 and I'm starting an ITEC in beauty therapy next month. Although I have done lots of individual courses over time I wanted to gain an internationally recognised qualification that means I can work anywhere. If it's still available I will probably do the level three next year as well. My course is part-time two days a week running from September to July. I wanted to study beauty therapy since I left school! [emoji4]
Hi Tiggy77, is this course through The training rooms at all?

No it's at Nescot college in Surrey.

Hi All,

I see a lot of you are starting your Beauty Therapy courses this September! I'm a level 3 qualified Beauty Therapist and have worked in the industry for over four years now so if you have any questions feel free to ask away.

I'm excited to be starting a complimentary therapy course this September at Central Manchester College of Health & Beauty. Anyone else doing anything similar or have experience in this?

Xo

Im starting level 3 massage therapy on Tuesdays in september at amersham and wycombe college anyone else? X

Just wanted to wish everyone starting this month the best of luck!

I've actually already started my level 3 nail course but today is my first hands on day, super nervous even though it's only mani/pedi and I've done that before :oops:

@leah2015 ooh that sounds cool. What types of massage do you cover in your course?

I have to say I am absolutely loving college! Didn't think I would starting school again at age 38, but it's great!

I'm starting tomorrow doing complementary therapy level 3. Looking forward to it [emoji2] what's everyone doing this week? Everyone got their uniform and kit already?

I am in my 2nd week of beauty therapy level 3. I'm also 38 and I think it's just what I needed to get me back into it !

Latest posts

Back