Anyone that rents a room? Quick question..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of renting a beauty room in another year when ive saved some money.
Ive always wondered what do you do when your with your client and the phone goes.. Do you answer it?
And when your doing things like waxing or spray tanning and you cant hear people coming in do you lock the door?

Thanks, just something ive been thinking about x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

?
If you are in the middle of a treatment, most times you would not be able to answer your phone. However, clients can leave a message for you and you can respond when it is convenient. Some hair salons (I assume this is where you will be renting your room) would also take your bookings for you. I take my own bookings.

Again if it is a hair salon, your client or walk in should be able to wait for you in reception; not just barge in your room without you knowing.

If you are doing a treatment, your door should be locked anyway, for privacy reasons.

?
If you are in the middle of a treatment, most times you would not be able to answer your phone. However, clients can leave a message for you and you can respond when it is convenient. Some hair salons (I assume this is where you will be renting your room) would also take your bookings for you. I take my own bookings.

Again if it is a hair salon, your client or walk in should be able to wait for you in reception; not just barge in your room without you knowing.

If you are doing a treatment, your door should be locked anyway, for privacy reasons.
Ahh thanks for your input, was just wondering what other people do :
)

I have my phone on silent when I'm at work and have recorded a message asking client's to leave a message etc. I then get back to them as soon as I can. A lot of my clients text me too and I can sometimes reply to those whilst a client is getting ready or getting dressed at the end too. I have a little waiting area outside my room so clients sit there. I sometimes stick my head out and let them know I won't be long if I hear them arrive. I was employed at the salon that I now rent from for 12 years before I went self-employed and have been for over 2 years now. It works really well!

My phone is on silent all day and I get back to people in between clients or whenever I can. Leave a nice friendly voicemail saying something like.....

'Hello, sorry I can't pick up right now but I'm with a client. Leave a message and a number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.'

Latest posts

Back