Anyone trained with Magnetic Nail Training Academy in West Yorkshire?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missgelfling

Reaction score
I trained with them and passed my nail exam at the beginning of July but I have still not received my certificate. I actually bumped into the nail trainer last week when I was shopping and mentioned it to her and she promised to post it out straight away. I don't want to keep ringing up all the time to ask where it is because I am going to be using their salon to buy stock from and I feel like I'm going to start getting on their nerves because I am bothering them all the time - I must sound like a broken record!!!
Has anyone got any suggestions or had the same problem. I don't know whether I need this certificate to obtain my insurance.

Hiya,

Yep, I'm new to this as well, :green: passing my exams in the middle of July. I haven't trained in your part of the country as I am in Bristol, but I am waiting for my certificate too. Do they have external verifiers in to check the papers? We do. And, yes, you will need your certificate before you can get your insurance.

HTHs :hug:

Retired

Hi, my friend who is also a geek on here ( nail creations) trained with magnetic's in pontefract but then went onto train with a college to gain a recognised certificate. She hasnt been on here for a while but the next time i speak to her i will get her to reply to this.
But apart from that I have done a full day one to one with Gina who is the main educator in west yorkshire she is really nice although I didnt use their products it was just a trouble shooting day with my own products.

This is the website for Gina's salon you should be able to find any training info on here that you need until you get the info through the post!
Home

HTH.

I trained with them and passed my nail exam at the beginning of July but I have still not received my certificate. I actually bumped into the nail trainer last week when I was shopping and mentioned it to her and she promised to post it out straight away. I don't want to keep ringing up all the time to ask where it is because I am going to be using their salon to buy stock from and I feel like I'm going to start getting on their nerves because I am bothering them all the time - I must sound like a broken record!!!
Has anyone got any suggestions or had the same problem. I don't know whether I need this certificate to obtain my insurance.

Hi there, im am really sorry to hear this. As a long standing member of the Creative Nail Academy in Scotland (glasgow) i am really shocked to hear this. The most important thing when a student has finally GRADUATED is to obtain their certifacate that day!!!!! I have seen more happy faces when one of our educators pass the cert to the student. As for the fact that you are scared to go back???!!!! Dont you dare be scared to got back. You have every right to get what you have paid for. I know its hard to go into places that you feel (not at ease). But you are entitled to get your product, dont let this hold you back!!!! Good luck hen!!! :Grope:

Hi, thanks for your advice. I will keep on ringing them about it. I just feel like I paid alot of money and I have nothing official to show for it. I also don't want to lose my faith in this compnay because I really like the products and I got on really well with Gina (she trained me).

OK just to clear this up for you.. ( im closely affiliated to gina from magnetic!)sorry you havent received your certificate yet ( may i also point out when i trained with "other companies" i also waited over 8 weeks for a certificate).. the reason there may be a back log posting it out is because there was a problem with Magnetic's head office in Holland sending the certificates out as well as price lists etc.. im sure it will be with you soon.. you have received fantastic nail training from magnetic - their education is brilliant.. if you want to pm me your real name i can make sure you receive it soon as.. im sure you can appreciate nail distributors DO come accross minor hiccups.. we are only human after all..

OK Missgelfling!!! just got off the phone!! its SUNDAY but thats nothing in the nail world as well you know.. Magnetic had a back log of 70 certificates - they all arrived this week from Holland and went to the post office with them all on Friday to discover it was closed for a passport training day!!! SOOOO they were all posted on Saturday and i believe you have a lil pin/badge too!!! hope this helps.. anymore problems just pm me!! ( gina sends her sincere apologises but she is just soo not a computer person- cant even turn her phone on- so all technical stuff is left up to moi!!)Raquel X

OK Missgelfling!!! just got off the phone!! its SUNDAY but thats nothing in the nail world as well you know.. Magnetic had a back log of 70 certificates - they all arrived this week from Holland and went to the post office with them all on Friday to discover it was closed for a passport training day!!! SOOOO they were all posted on Saturday and i believe you have a lil pin/badge too!!! hope this helps.. anymore problems just pm me!! ( gina sends her sincere apologises but she is just soo not a computer person- cant even turn her phone on- so all technical stuff is left up to moi!!)Raquel X
Now that's a result.....Geek Power lol! Glad it all got sorted!

OH Iam really sorry for my post earlier on this thread I really dont know what I was rabbiting on about, I must have been thinking about something else.:eek::lol:
When I did my day if I remember right it did seem to take a few weeks for my certificate to come.
:hug:

WOW, thanks Raquel, I have replied to the message you sent. I understand that things like this happen, but I really wanna start my nail business up now and I believe I need the certificate to obtain my insurance. When I spoke to Gina last week she said that she had some certificates at the salon and it would be posted out to me but as it didn't arrive this week I didn't want to have to ring up AGAIN and ask for it!!! As I said before, I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record!!!
Thank you so much for helping me sort this out. I'm really grateful - also I'm 12 weeks pregnant so any little thing is bothering me and sounds silly but minor hiccups like this make me really emotional!!!!
Thanks again!!!

Hi you had a good trainer there with gina. when i did my training with them i got my certificate the day i passed.
If there is a back log of certificates to get sent out they should have told you in the first place when you called up give it a week or so then i would get back in touch with them.

glad i could help!!!!:hug: like i said should arrive early this week. Yours was defo there cos i described you as " the girl you ran into while out shopping!" let me know of you DONT receive it.. hope you come back to do more courses - i might even see you there!!! Raquel x

Latest posts

Back