Anyone tried Clinique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaute

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about trying Clinique. Has anyone tried it and if so what did you think?

Thanks

Beaute

clinique what hun?

I have tried it in the past but found it far too drying on the skin.

I use Nimue now and cannot believe the difference. I have used other products in between though - Clinique was quite a few years ago.

I simply can't use Clinique products.

Every time I use it (no matter what) my skin breaks out and I look like a spotty 16 year old !!

River

makes my skin sting! Got to look after my stunning good looks (pmsl)

I find the make up good (eyeliner. lip gloss ect) but the skin care stings my skin and gave me a very dry skin round the eyes.

joe90 said:
makes my skin sting! Got to look after my stunning good looks (pmsl)

Ms. Tenalady !!!

I haven't seen you around for a while, missed you :hug: :hug:

Yes, the States are still in awe of your beauty !!

River

yeah i use all the make-up too and it's good!

the foundation is the only one that actually lasts the day!

their blusher is fab too and their lip glosses!

As im highly allergic to most cosmetics, I have found that I can only wear clineque make up, however as others have said I cannot use their soaps, facial wash etc as they are very astringent and make my face sore!:confused:

Hey, same here missed ya too chick!

With love from the stunningly attractive one of the two of us!

River said:
Ms. Tenalady !!!

I haven't seen you around for a while, missed you :hug: :hug:

Yes, the States are still in awe of your beauty !!

River

I love their lip glosses too, and the makeup's not bad. But the skincare range is to beauticians what Pantene is to hairdressers ... pretty nasty! The soap has such a high Ph that it virtually goes off the scale, it's very alkaline and our skin is mildly acidic so that puts it out of balance before you even start. The clarifying lotion is incredibly strong, so much so that when I had a consultation with Clinique they say never wipe it over the skin more than once as it is very exfoliating and can make the skin sore and sensitive. The only product I thought was okay was the Dramatically different moisturiser. Can't say it was that dramatic, but it did moisturise nicely.

So all in all as you can see I'm not particulrly impressed with it. One of those products that in my opinion hypes iteslf up with jargon and piffle and doesn't actually deliver the goods! Although I am sure you will find its devotees too!

joe90 said:
Hey, same here missed ya too chick!

With love from the stunningly attractive one of the two of us!

I know, I know :cry:

I can only be humble in front of your total all encompassing beauty.

However, my fur is glossier than yours and my wonky is more wonky than yours :lol:

Like others have said, if you have dry skin you might want to give it a miss and try a range that is more moisturising. However, my oily skin loves the three-step Clinique routine and I have used it for a good few years now. Particularly the Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion - it is the only moisturiser I have found that suits my skins needs perfectly.

Everyone is different, and different products will suit different types of skin. Sometimes it seems trial and error is the only (costly) way!

PS. I agree about the make-up, some lovely products in the range, especially rate their foundations and mascaras. oh and if you do decide to go for it, i always wait until its Bonus Time at deparment stores (John Lewis, Debenhams, Boots etc) when you get a free gift (usually a goodie bag of mini sized products) with the purchase of any two full size products.

Love the make up but not a fan of the skincare range at all.

When i was at college my friend once used her mums clinique toner to take off her nail varnish !!! Can't remember which number toner it was but it did the job :eek:

I use their 3 step skin products, and I really get on with them. You must get the right one (3 types I think) and be careful with the exfoliator, but it works for me....

Not right for everyone I see...

One of the staff in our local House of Fraser told me they use the Clarifying Lotion to clean stains off the stock room floor!!!! It was a Clarins lady that told me that though.....!!

The products are way to drying for my delicate little skin.....!!

Clinique is all I use, and I've been using it for about 12 years now.
I use the foaming face wash, All About Eyes eye cream, Moisture in Control moisturiser, foundation, lip glosses, Naturally Glossy Mascara, Water Therapy shower gel and body spray, pore minimiser... the list is endless
I always stock up on my products when it is "Bonus time" in the shops and get all the freebies. You can also join Club Clinique online (no p&p for products) and you get sent free testers, too.

My mum only uses clinique skin products, make up and perfume she loves it.

I think everyone's skin is different and therefore no one product will suit all. I used to use Clinique a couple of years back but switched to Virgin Vie when I started selling it!

Both products are good for my skin, but previously a beautician had reacted with horror to Clinique (as Sassy says) and got me to try Dermalogica...I aged 15 years overnight, broke out in a rash all down the sides of my nose and into my cheeks and my eyes went all puffy and saggy. She assured me it was not an allergic reaction, just my skin 'getting better' but 2 months later it was still 'getting worse' and I wasn't buying another lot to make me miserable with!

Back to Clinique and my skin was fab within a fortnight!

Latest posts

Back