Anyone tried Clinique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine got a job with Clinique about 6 yrs ago, she only lasted as far as the training course.
On the first day of the course, the trainer said, "who amongst you is a trained beauty therapist?" My friend put her hand up, along with two other girls. The trainer then said, "Forget anything you learned in college, you are here to sell our products."
She didn't have the heart to carry on much after that.

Debs67 said:
Clinique is all I use, and I've been using it for about 12 years now.
I use the foaming face wash, All About Eyes eye cream, Moisture in Control moisturiser, foundation, lip glosses, Naturally Glossy Mascara, Water Therapy shower gel and body spray, pore minimiser... the list is endless
I always stock up on my products when it is "Bonus time" in the shops and get all the freebies. You can also join Club Clinique online (no p&p for products) and you get sent free testers, too.

I'm a Clinique lover too! I use the three step system, and have found that its the only thing that controls my skin and makes it soft. I think the dramatically Different moisturiser is the best thing I have ever tried, makes my skin firm but silky soft! I love it! I also use their makeup, and I really like that too. I have never had any probs with it at all, but then again I do have fairly oily skin. With clinique products, my skin is oil free all day. I also take advantage of "Bonus Time" - they are very good at giving out alot of free samples! My fave product has to be pore minimiser - I have alot of visible pores on my face, and this stuff works like magic - makes the pores vanish!

My mum however cant use the range at all, as it makes her skin quite dry and taught.

Just different for different people I suppose, you can only try it out! x

pinkmummy said:
A friend of mine got a job with Clinique about 6 yrs ago, she only lasted as far as the training course.
On the first day of the course, the trainer said, "who amongst you is a trained beauty therapist?" My friend put her hand up, along with two other girls. The trainer then said, "Forget anything you learned in college, you are here to sell our products."
She didn't have the heart to carry on much after that.

At the end of the day, I dont think thats is strictly true - the girls at my local counter even recommended a Clarins eye shadow to me when Clinique didnt have the colour I wanted!!! The counters are right next to eachother in my local Debenhams.

I have never found the sales staff pushy in anyway at all, and I'm not one to get pursuaded into buying something I dont need! x

fificharlie said:
At the end of the day, I dont think thats is strictly true - the girls at my local counter even recommended a Clarins eye shadow to me when Clinique didnt have the colour I wanted!!! The counters are right next to eachother in my local Debenhams.

I have never found the sales staff pushy in anyway at all, and I'm not one to get pursuaded into buying something I dont need! x

Yep, I would say thats down to the individual not the company. Clinique after all is part of a much larger group, including other brands such as Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown, MAC, Jo Malone and Tommy Hilfiger...and these are all widely respected for there sincare and fragrance.

I have personally used the soap bar, clarifying lotion and it almost stripped the skin off my face!!
My Mum used clinique for years and loved it - espeacially their 'Dramatically Different' moisturizer.

I have tried Estee Lauder, Clarins too. But find any lots of creams too 'heavy' for my skin & I start to sweat!!!
Using Nivea Q10 (makes me sweat tho!) at the moment.
Like 'Ultra Lift' by Loreal i think it it very nice, i don't have ANY wrinkles and i'm 44 on Saturday!!!!!:lol:

Make up good but the skin care products are like paint stripper!!!!:green:

There are things I really like and things I really dislike about Clinique - both skincare and makeup wise.

I don't get along with the three step at all. I'm not a fan of the cleansers or Clarifying Lotion. I do like All About Eyes (eye cream) and Exceptionally Soothing Cream (for upset skin) but that's about it.

As for makeup, I like Clinique's hydrating lip colours, their microfine eyebrow pencils, and their eyeliners. I am not keen on their foundations, simply because I know I can get superior products for a similar price at Chanel and MAC. Their blushers and eye colours are low on pigment and don't show up in photographic work.

Why do you ask, beaute?

I like the 3 step. It worked well for me. but as been said already you have to get the right one as they are different for different skin types

AmydeMan said:
There are things I really like and things I really dislike about Clinique - both skincare and makeup wise.

I don't get along with the three step at all. I'm not a fan of the cleansers or Clarifying Lotion. I do like All About Eyes (eye cream) and Exceptionally Soothing Cream (for upset skin) but that's about it.

As for makeup, I like Clinique's hydrating lip colours, their microfine eyebrow pencils, and their eyeliners. I am not keen on their foundations, simply because I know I can get superior products for a similar price at Chanel and MAC. Their blushers and eye colours are low on pigment and don't show up in photographic work.

Why do you ask, beaute?

Forgot to add - 'All About Eyes' is another fave of mine! I dont mind spending the money on the skincare as it works so well for me personally, but I agree with you Amy that the makeup - especially foundation - is overpriced, and you can get much higher end cosmetics for not much more.

I dont actually wear foundation, as my skin just doesnt need it, but on a night out I will sometimes use the 'Perfectly real' tinted moisturiser, and it really makes a difference! I mainly use Cliniques eye makeup, I do love their eye shadow trio's, only the browns and ivory's though - not daring enough to try anyother colours! lol! - I love Clinique mascara's too! My eyelashes are naturally 1.5cm long (!)(yes I have measured them!) so they are the only ones that dont clog up and look like spiders legs!! x

As a skin care line, I think it's awful. When clients come in for a facial, they fill out some paperwork, and it asks what skin care line they are currently useing. The girls that some in with the worst blackheads and dry skin are on clinique, landcome and marykay. Clinique is full of alcohol and fillers, and are very clogging to the pores, and strip the natural oils off the skin.

Hi hun,i have to say al my skin care make,make up body care and perfume is clinique. I suffer with excema and dry sensitive skin and i think it's fab,oh i love the three step !

I dont rate Clinique very high at all. I spent hundres of pounds using their stuff and didnt see any difference. My skin became grey and sensitive.

Nimue is very good. Sassy Hassy stocks it.X

Hi guys thanks for the advice.

I bought the 3 step system and also the anti-blemish solutions cleanser.

I'll see how I go.

I haven't tried any of there make-up yet.

Regards

beaute

Latest posts

Back