Anyone tried 'Famous Dave's' or 'Rich Silken Chocolate' Spray Tan Solutions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I have found my winning 'natural' tan... phew, that search is over - for those that are interested, I have chosen UnReal - It is LOVELY - seriously natural looking, no odour, lasts and fades beautifully!!!

only thing is it is a little too natural for some :grr:

So I am on the hunt for a darker - a darker 'natural' - spray tan solution.

I was wondering if any of you geeks have tried either of the following

Famous Dave's - Spray Tan Solution in either 8% or 12%

and

Vita Liberata's 'Rich Silken Chocolate' Spray Tan Solution in any of their shades (Hawaii 101, Equador 102 and Brazil 103)

If you have, what did you think?
Were they deep, dark and natural looking?

XXX :hug: XXX

i got vita lib in Hawaiian, not tried it on myself but tried it on a reg client who comes in weekly. she didn't like it and said it washed of v quickly.
i use xen tan and so fr nothings beat it, it goes a nice colour quite natural. 1 spray for light 2 sprays for dark. They dont do diff colours of solution yet but it will not be long before they do I reckon.

ive seen both about but havent tried them but like crazysaz i also use xentan and have found it to be one of the nicest on the market my customers are all switching to it so would highly recommend it i phoned them for a sample a while ago and they sent one out free of charge

I have tried XenTan a few times now and each time it has failed to meet the mark.
I got nothing but bad feedback from everyone I tried it on.... they all hated the guide colour and felt that the developed colour was yellowy.:irked:
They all like the scent tho. :lol:

i use xen tan and tantrick and i have clients that love both - xen tan looks lovely on some people but to be honest when i use xen tan on me it makes me look yellow.......however it does fade really well better than tantrick does to be honest - i think it does depend on the client

Hi l use famous dave loads clients really like it good on all skin types gives a holiday tan, have only used the darker spray,also another fave is la disco, l have xen tan and only use it on people who want a light natural tan but have to disagree on the smell very overpowering and all clients hate it.

Oh thank you.

Is Famous Dave's scented or unscented?

Is it possible to describe the colour of the dark solution? ie is it a golden brown, reddish brown or a brown brown - lol - that sounds stupid! I think you'll know what I mean though?

BTW I have sampled the Vita Liberata and it went patchy after 2 days, so that is off the list. Quite unfortunate really as it was a nice colour. :irked:

Have you tried REACT the CG is red
or
AVIVA labs gimme brown the CG is ashy brown

Although the colour guide colour is important, I am more concerned with the tone of the end result.

UnReal has an end result of a reddish brown natural looking tan.... lovely!

Is React the one from Celebrity Secrets?

yes react is CS line.
I should try unreal i got a sample and have not used it yet.. you see i dont understand the whole CG and outcome tan colour, i know that the CG can stain the skin a bit but alas no matter what i put on myself i come out the same colour for every single tan solution i tried.... for the most part i prefer the CG of solutions than the outcome colour and i wish i could just be dyed for a week rather than go through the whole DHA process

Famous dave has a slight almond smell not overpowering though, colour is a golden brown darkish looked like a holiday tan very hard to explain as everyones skin can go different l order a small bottle of the spray to try first you can get them off ebay quite reasonable.

Latest posts

Back