Anyone tried 'The Kind Diet' or live Vegan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceymackey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As title asks, has anyone here tried 'the kind diet' authored by Alicia Silverstone? Or practise being a vegan and/or vegetarian?

I have slowly, without any real thought, been phasing different foods out of my life - but not completely. I haven't experienced any improvements in my skin or weight really (I don't think).

Is anybody here vegan? What changes could I expect if I cut out the chicken/eggs/cheese I am still holding onto? Do your family eat the same way as you?

I would love to hear your skin has cleared up! LOL.

Thanks xxx

If you look at www.healthypages.net you will find a whole veggie / vegan forum who I am sure will help you. Though I am still shocked by the one who said they would be more upset if their child ate a bacon sandwich then if they were addicted to class a drugs. Other then that some great an helpful ppl.

Mat

Lol. - poppy seeds on orange muffins only for my son.

Thanks Mat xxx

I would also be interested, I have been a vegetarian since I was 9, but never quite able to give up eggs/chocolate!! But depending on health benefits I think I would seriously give it a go :)

Are there any skin geeks who have experience with vegan clients for facials??

I would also be interested, I have been a vegetarian since I was 9, but never quite able to give up eggs/chocolate!! But depending on health benefits I think I would seriously give it a go :)

It's the chocolate I'm struggling with! Chocolate is everywhere. It wants me to eat it.

I know this thread is old now but I just wanted to say that there is vegan chocolate available in most supermarkets now, check the free from sections. And Choices Caramels (if you can find them in sainsbury's / tescos) are awesome.

I've been vegan 4 years.

I know this thread is old now but I just wanted to say that there is vegan chocolate available in most supermarkets now, check the free from sections. And Choices Caramels (if you can find them in sainsbury's / tescos) are awesome.

I've been vegan 4 years.

Thanks for the information! I have just recently found an online supplier so happy girl! I live in Australia, very limiting. Four years - well done and good for you!

If it helps you would have to do some good research on making sure you subsidise vits and mins you lose out on becoming Vegan (eating wise). Its so easy to develop calcium problems, hormone deficiencies, anaemia, hair loss, and even bad skin. It doesn't work for everyone, and unless you have a predominantly vegetable and pulse diet, can be a big shock to the system if dropping even white meat such as chicken or fish. Its recommended to wean off the meat but subsidise it with mineral rich vegetables such as spinach. when it comes down to milk and cheese, soya is good for most people, its a natural cholesterol destroyer, although a lot of vegans i know are adverse to soya drinking due to the ethical farming problems surrounding it :|. there are also other brands such as coconut milk (which is lovely) oat milk (never tried) and rice milk. Its a bit of a bitch (excuse the cornish) to find soya cheese though - well in the UK that is.

I'm mostly Vegan -borderline Fruitarian, not by choice though, Its purely down to the fact I have ceoliacs disease, Crohn's, am lactose intolerant and am allergic to food additives, some sugars and some nuts. When it comes to customers which are vegan and want a certain treatment I would recommend having at least soya based and cirtus based products. I hear Sparitual are really good for vegan products.

Tescos new dairy free range has vegan cheeses. It is getting easier to find vegan products in the supermarket now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back