Anyone use a portable daylight lamp??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tess1

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying one of these (I have seen one in the Ellisons catalogue) the only lamp I possess that is suitable for nails gives out a fair bit of heat and if I shine it anywhere near the clients hand the product starts to cure before I even start to pat it out on the nail plate.

Does anyone use anything else that works for them ... I need a good light source for evening work.

Thanks
Tess

Hi,

Have a look at www.nailorder.com thats where i got mine from and i have no probs.

R u a mobile tech?

I use portable daylight lamps on my nail stations in my salon.

Would be lost with them, they give out good light and are an asset to my job in my opinion.

Got mine from Sally's last November and they are all still going strong, they are on for approximately 12-14 hrs 5 days a week, then saturday's 8-10 hrs depending if I finish early :lol:

Jue xxx

I agree with above, I wouldn't be without mine.

I am mobile as well as salon based and I use my lamp even when I think the light is good - You would not believe what a difference it makes.

HTH

I agree the daylight lamps r fab and wouldn't be without mine...You will love the difference it makes...great for seeing the true colours when you are doing nail art! They take up very little space and are realy quite stable on the desk too hope this helps :)

I feel so ignorant here :o but can you tell me what is a daylight lamp? I have a gooseneck lamp that clamps onto the edge of my table and i love it but have heard the term so much and wondered what it was.

Carole Lindsay said:
I feel so ignorant here :o but can you tell me what is a daylight lamp? I have a gooseneck lamp that clamps onto the edge of my table and i love it but have heard the term so much and wondered what it was.

Hi Carole the portable Daylight Lamps are shaped like an 'L' but upside down, and they fold into one piece for compact storage when your on the move...you will see them loads in snap shots of competitions in the nail magazines

Fab Freak said:
Hi Carole the portable Daylight Lamps are shaped like an 'L' but upside down, and they fold into one piece for compact storage when your on the move...you will see them loads in snap shots of competitions in the nail magazines
Cheers Lou: i'll keep an eye out for them at Excel!! Are they expensive?

I am also plannign on getting one of these at Excel, but in the mean time I got a little bright desk lamp from Index for £3.76 or something like that. It's really bright, and small, and folds into my mobile kit with no probs! It does get a little warm so I dunno what it's like with l&p as I don't do that yet.

I think it's great until I get my daylight lamp!

Carole Lindsay said:
Cheers Lou: i'll keep an eye out for them at Excel!! Are they expensive?

I'd hang on as you will get it vat free at excel

Thanks for the replies, ........ I am adding this to my list for Excel !!!! ... OMG this list is getting longer and longer !!!!!
Thanks again
Tess x

Oh my God I just know I'm going to come back with so much stuff!
I always try and justify it to myself thinking that I've saved money and that I 'need' all those things!
It's certainly going to be a laugh trying to smuggle hundreds of pounds worth of MORE nail stuff into my house with out my boyfriend seeing! LOL!!

S.X

Latest posts

Back