Anyone use Esmaltes Da Kelly stamping polish? I'm having some issues with it.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with them! I'm finding it virtually impossible to get nice clean images with them because they seem to smear and the smear either gets on my stamper head or the image just doesn't pick up crisp. I find the best results are with one of those generic cheap double ended XL (black handle with white head and tiny end) stampers, when I press instead of roll, that seems to stop the smearing but a lot of images won't actually pick up at all that way! The worst culprit is the bright red Joanna, I'm ready to bin it. I cannot for the life of me get a decent pick up from it. It's so thick I can barely get it out, it makes a total mess and I reckon I've used a ton of it just trying to figure out how to make it work! I have tried 3 different scrapers, 5 (!) different stampers and countless image plates. I'll try testing them repeatedly for hours and then switch to my Pueen stamping polishes (I wish I could get them in the UK) and get perfect pick up! I bought 9 of the EDKs and want to cry in frustration! I've been at this for over 2 weeks now and not dared actually using them because they're so consistently rubbish. I look like an idiot trying to stamp an image again and again. Please can someone offer some advice. Xx

I'm really struggling with them! I'm finding it virtually impossible to get nice clean images with them because they seem to smear and the smear either gets on my stamper head or the image just doesn't pick up crisp. I find the best results are with one of those generic cheap double ended XL (black handle with white head and tiny end) stampers, when I press instead of roll, that seems to stop the smearing but a lot of images won't actually pick up at all that way! The worst culprit is the bright red Joanna, I'm ready to bin it. I cannot for the life of me get a decent pick up from it. It's so thick I can barely get it out, it makes a total mess and I reckon I've used a ton of it just trying to figure out how to make it work! I have tried 3 different scrapers, 5 (!) different stampers and countless image plates. I'll try testing them repeatedly for hours and then switch to my Pueen stamping polishes (I wish I could get them in the UK) and get perfect pick up! I bought 9 of the EDKs and want to cry in frustration! I've been at this for over 2 weeks now and not dared actually using them because they're so consistently rubbish. I look like an idiot trying to stamp an image again and again. Please can someone offer some advice. Xx
Can't really help much, but aren't Pueen available on Amazon UK?

I've not personally had any problems with the EDK polishes but I do think that Hit the Bottle polishes are much nicer to use for stamping. I use the Creative stamper and get on really well with it. X

Pueen are available on Amazon but sadly not the super intense stamping polishes that I have. I got them at Olympia and had I known how brilliant they'd be and how impossible they are to buy, I'd have bought a truck load.

I spoke to Alex at nail artisan and we figured out the issue with the red! I cleaned the neck with acetone! Some must have contaminated the bottle as the texture is really bizarre, thick and stringy. Gutted! I'll have to buy a new one as it really is an amazing bright red.

I don't know why I'm struggling with them all though, I feel like I'm working too fast but when I slow down I can't get all the image picked up. Image pick up seems so hit and miss which is so strange, as like I said, with my Pueens I get perfect pick up every time.

I was intrigued by hit the bottle, but aren't most of them shimmery? I like to stamp with opaque solid cream colours and was a bit put off by all the shimmers. Maybe I should look up some more swatches. Xx

Latest posts

Back