Anyone use URBAN TAN? what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
HI there

Im still looking for a spray tan and have tried a few of the other makes and still not decided, but iv come across urban tan and it seems very popular and hyped up alot, with the celebrity followers it has etc. Does it follow the hype? how is the tan colour and wearibility etc:!:

Any advice/comments as it seems to be very expensive to start up with something like 2,000 for the kit, is it worth the cost, they say their machine is a compressor and not a turbine which so much better as does not overheat like the older turbines and it is quieter and easier to use? Are we allowed to mention costs? sorry if we are not:Grope:
cheers:)

hi I filled in a form to recieve a free sample from urban tan weeks ago, still waiting. I had a letter from them last week asking me if I would be interested in promoting urban tan in my salon. doing a buy one get one free tan promotion with them, something like that, cant remember all the details (also buy one litre and get one litre free) I put the letter through the shredder Im not going to promote a company who cannot be bothered to send a free sample to see if my clients/myself like the colour first. I have heard alot of good feedback about the colour solution though and it appears that the show strictly come dancing used it, but I would not buy a litre of tan on the off change someone might like it. I personally would be wary of using a company who cannot even send out a free sample for clients to try, let alone take weeks, still waiting!!!!!!!! I also emailed them to ask about the solution having a colour guide or not and no reply, as I prefer to use a solution with a colour guide as clients like to see an instant colour I found. plus it is better when training students.
if I ever get the free sample I will let you know ha ha not likely!!!!

Hi ya

Since my post I had a celebrity urban tan spray tan by the company (yesterday) It was applied very well I must say, but a big BUT once id showered the colour is just not dark enough on me and my face is very light. Maybe it would of been better if i had the chocolate.

I must say I prefered the VANI_T, one for its colour and 2nd for the darkness at 8 %, but the urban tan was still a good tan, its just I found the vani-t a nicer chocolate colour rather than a reddy brown, it might just be my natural skin colour??

I cant really afford to pay the £2000 for the kit either a bit pricey but she did say the compressor was better than the turbines, but still i liked the VANI_T!

Decisions decisions:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cheers:hug:

\i use urban tan my clients love it i have my own machine and didnt need to spend 2000 to set uo i bought a bottle of sunspray celebrity and chocolate and away i went!!i use mostly celeb its used on dancing on ice and the promotion was a marketing thing they were doing with esso garages every person that spent over £10 petrol got a buy one get one free voucher you could use it for yourself you gain extra clients.I got my samples within a few days but then they also sent lisa to me to come and spray me and show me all the products she left me with heaps of samples buy 2 get 1 free is always on offer with them and i get regular updates and phone calls i think the colour is great and its by far the best wearing ive ever tried i really happy with it.In fact im just about to spray myself now!!!:eek:

Hi ya Cathill

thanks for the reply. Have you ever had the chocolate, if so how does it look? Do you feel the colour is more of a reddy brown rather than a bronze look (which i prefer as that is the colour i go naturally in the sun, when i do sun bath which is rare:rolleyes:) Its saturday now and the tan has faded a bit,especially on my face, which is very pale??

Do you find the application still excellent with a turbine machine? as im a bit put off using one now, after ive see the compressor one they use, at it seems so quiet etc and the application was fantastic from Lisa you can tell shes one of the best. Also they say the turbines overheat etc:eek:

I dont want to make a mistake as money is tight, i think i need to have another VANI-T and one more URBAN TAN before i decide theres no rush I guess!:)

cheers hun

i use a turbine and its fine for me noisy but i am mobile so i have no worries. id love the tan caddy off them having said that but funds dont stretch that far just yet!! I love the colour as i am very pale so the reddish tint makes it look more natural for me having said that for my clients who tan naturally in the sun and who want to go slightly darker im going to start using xen-tan its a gorgeous olive colour i loved it even on me! ive not tried chocolate on myself and only a handfull of my clients have it its abit dark maybe in the summer more will use it i use mainly celeb and for very pale i mix sunspray with celeb.I love these to brands as urban tan is used on dancing on ice and xen tan has loads of celebs recommending it such as holly wallaby gok wan hollyoaks girls zoe tucker its a good thing to have on your leaflets as people presume it must be good if all the celebs use it!!!:hug:

Hi ya cathill

Thanks hun for your info. Iv tried the xen tan in a bottle, did you have the spray version??? I found it didnt go very dark on me but it was out of the bottle :eek: DO you know who does spray tans near me or have a phone number or website address etc?? I want to try as many as poss beofre paying out, im like you cant afford the compressor the do 2000 is well out of my buget!

Have you ever tried VANI_T on yourself? I find it so difficult to decide as they all have good points but in different areas, if you know what i mean:eek:

cheers

nenee:hug:

dont know where you are but you can get the companys to send you samples no probs no not tried the xen tan in a bottle i just use the spray solution . you could always do 2 sprays if you wanted to go darker but how dark don ya wanna be???? try fake bake thats pretty dark.

I got through 2 compressors fairly quickly and then bought the TC3 turbine from Tantrick about 4 years ago and its still working just as well as day one. We do lots of spray tans and the problem with the compressor is that I had to keep stopping and starting to let the air compress again - very annoying! We use Tantrick lotions too - a good choice of shades inc 12% which is nice and dark, for clients who want a deeper tan.

HTH! :hug:

Hi ya

Thanks for that, Iv decided to by the turbine machine due to cost and the amount of years they have been around, plus i dont have £2000 spare:irked:

I must sound like Jodie Marsh here sorry:eek: I dont want to look madly tanned dont get me wrong I just would like my legs etc to look a good colour, I am tanned compared to my lovely british white bits lol:lol: But Id just like a darker colour. I think il try the next level in Tantrick, vani-t and urban tan and xen tan, before i make my mind up then iv had the 2 levels and a good range of the top quality products available.

I have decided to go with the turbine though dont know which yet?? and theres nothing to say i cant have a couple of different make tans to offer, for different skin types , as im sure some will love the reddy brown and some will love the bronzy brown also, then everyone is happy, well except for the clients you can never please lol:rolleyes:

cheers for the advice really appreciate it!:hug:

I use urban tan and it is absolutely fantastic, You need to speak to either Dave or Lisa if you have any queries.

I find Celebrity is the lighter tan, chocolate is medium tan and sunset is the darkest. All my clients come back for more they love it. I myself use chocolate for me as celebrity is more for if you just want a glow.

You can mix and match the solutions to create an individual colour for your client. It lasts my clients anything between 7-10 days

If you have any questions just give us a shout
Debbie x

Last edited:
Hi Debbie

I think thats the answer I should of had the chocolate colour as im not white white too be honest although i joke i am lol:) I have a yellow skin tone all year round, but my legs and chest are not as dark. I was going to email lisa this week, as im so impressed with the application it was very good, but wanted her advice on the depth of colour etc.

I had decided I will try the next levels in the tans 10 % or chocolate before buying then i will know the colour range and their wearibility:)

cheers
nenee:hug:

Hi All,

I had a terrible experience with Urban Tan:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I asked them for samples which took about two weeks to arrive!!

The only reason I asked for samples to try was because the names of their solutions are the same as the Fantasy Tan solutions and I love Fantasy Tan!

However that is were the similarities end, trust me!!

I would go as far as saying that Urban Tan is truely one of the worest spray tanning solutions on the market.

The result was very orange. It smelt terrible and the wearing off process of the tan was a nightmare.

I ended up having to scrub the stuff of my skin after 3 days as it was so patchy and orange.

My advice is avoid at all costs!!

Why not try Vita Liberata, their c/service is excellent samples sent in no time. You may like Brazil thats their darkkest shade... it adapts to your own skin tone and even continues to develope after your first shower, so great value stays looking fab for days.Because it adapts and has a bit of a mucky undertone to it although not dreadful the final colour is a truely natural bronzed brown heathly colour.

This is an old thread butt i now use sienna x!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back