anyone used Extreem Dipping powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
I have recently started using Extreem glaze system where you just paint the nails with resin and then 'dip' the finger in to the extreem powder. I think that they look really great, very strong and thin and sooooo quick. However I wanted some natural coloured 'no well' tips and asked about finding them on this site. Yipee, got lots of advice and my 'no well' tips arrived this week. They are a lot thicker than the tips with a well and when I stuck them on, painted on the resin and then dipped there was a definite step showing where the nail tip met the real nail, which looked really odd. Managed to do some more dipping and filing to make things right but it took longer. Was doing them on myself so on the other hand I filed the contact edge down a bit which worked out ok, but of course on clients it will take ages if I have to file down every tip before applying them. So my question to all other nail tech geekys is....... what am I doing wrong. Has anyone else used the dipping system and no well tips and overcome this problem. If so how????
Thank
Val Burt

valburt said:
I have recently started using Extreem glaze system where you just paint the nails with resin and then 'dip' the finger in to the extreem powder. I think that they look really great, very strong and thin and sooooo quick. However I wanted some natural coloured 'no well' tips and asked about finding them on this site. Yipee, got lots of advice and my 'no well' tips arrived this week. They are a lot thicker than the tips with a well and when I stuck them on, painted on the resin and then dipped there was a definite step showing where the nail tip met the real nail, which looked really odd. Managed to do some more dipping and filing to make things right but it took longer. Was doing them on myself so on the other hand I filed the contact edge down a bit which worked out ok, but of course on clients it will take ages if I have to file down every tip before applying them. So my question to all other nail tech geekys is....... what am I doing wrong. Has anyone else used the dipping system and no well tips and overcome this problem. If so how????
Thank
Val Burt
I've used Extreme Powder Glaze but dont use tips with no wells. I use the tips that have wells and i cut out and pre-blend then blend onto nail so there's no ridge. You might like to ask JackieMC or Jacky or Debs - all have used Extreme Powder Glaze and may be able to help you. The only thing i can suggest is put some resin in the area just above the smile line and dip so that the area has more layers in it - hope this helps.

I have used the Extreme Glaze system (very nice), and you definetely might want to try using normal tips, and blending them in like you would for any other tip service. The resin system as you said is much thinner (not like using something thicker like l&p, or gel), and having the tip flush with the nail plate is crucial. Otherwise you will have a ledge. I have used so-called "pre-etched" tips, or "no-well" tips, and frankly I still have to do some blending to them. Hope this helps.

I have used no well tips and did what Carole suggested, more resin in that area and dip again to build up the apex, it gives a lovely shape that way and much prefer the look.
It does take some practice but yes until you get it right then it will take longer.
Weigh it up, either blend tips in or spend more time on the apex. HTH

Ive used the Extreme Glaze for only a short time really, but have found that you do need to put a bit of extra resin in that area as Debs said.
It can be done and whilst at first I didnt get it right and had the ledgey thing going on, I have experimented and worked at it and found that it does help!
Im sure that when I had the 1-1 with them, the trainer actually said "dot Finish Glaze along seam line and activate" I found that doing this actually started you on the way to getting a shapelier nail.
I find that the nicest nails created with this system are the ones that have had tips blended, rather than the no well, white tip ones.
Just my opinion tho, that one!
Hope its of some help Luv!
:D

Right thanks girls, that was useful advice. Just to clarify though, the reason that I am using no well tips is because I was using the natural colour rather than the white tip. I like the natural look but find with natural tips with wells you get a kind of shadow of the well showing through. So with the no wells tips you dont get any shadowing at all. Will follow all the advice given though.

Thanks a bunch
Val

Have you tried pre-designing the tips? that way you get no shadow

valburt said:
Right thanks girls, that was useful advice. Just to clarify though, the reason that I am using no well tips is because I was using the natural colour rather than the white tip. I like the natural look but find with natural tips with wells you get a kind of shadow of the well showing through. So with the no wells tips you dont get any shadowing at all. Will follow all the advice given though.

Thanks a bunch
Val
I've never hand any shadowing when using tips with wells - either natural or white ones! I pre-design them first tho!

By pre designing the tips, do you mean snipping a bit of the well away?? I did try that a few times but was not successful and to be honest I wondered why they did not design them as we want them in the first place. Maybe I am beinga bit thick here. Please advise.

Val

valburt said:
By pre designing the tips, do you mean snipping a bit of the well away?? I did try that a few times but was not successful and to be honest I wondered why they did not design them as we want them in the first place. Maybe I am beinga bit thick here. Please advise.

Val
Yes the tip needs reducing but you can buy tips that already have wells cut out and then you only have to do a bit of pre-blending to reduce the well further.

Sawasdee ka

I just have 3 videos Back scratchers powder glaze system Back scratchers advanced acrylic system Back scratchers glass glaze system i have only looked at one i will look the other 2 tomorrow .

The nails look on the video i look already very nice and the system looks easy but i just look on beautytech and ladys are saying that the nails they are making with the dip system are cracking .

Can i ask please are you having any cracking .

Mui from Thailand .

Sawasdee ka Mui
I have been using this system since May and made lots of nails with it. I have not found that any of them have shown signs of cracking.
I cannot think why they would crack. It may be that some technicians might try to make the Acrylic dip part of the application a little to thick....perhaps this is the reason. They might think that if it is thick, it is strong. This isnt needed with Extreme.
I use thin layers of resin and dip. My nails have been strong and crack free.
I like this system as there is so little odour. I do not like the smell of monomer at all! It makes me feel very sick. :rolleyes:

mui said:
Sawasdee ka

I just have 3 videos Back scratchers powder glaze system Back scratchers advanced acrylic system Back scratchers glass glaze system i have only looked at one i will look the other 2 tomorrow .

The nails look on the video i look already very nice and the system looks easy but i just look on beautytech and ladys are saying that the nails they are making with the dip system are cracking .

Can i ask please are you having any cracking .

Mui from Thailand .
Sawasdee ka Mui: when you say cracking, do you mean all over the nail or do you mean that they are more prone to crack in somebody hits them? I had a client who had a set and she had two nails have a crack in them but she had knocked them. Other than that i've not had cracking. I use 2 layers of the powder ie. dip twice.

Sawasdee ka

On www.beautytech.com thread 7/24/2004 help my nails keep cracking there are 3 ladys that have problem with cracking with dip system .

After i looked the video i like the nails and i think i will have in my salon but when i see the thread it is making me think about this .

Maybe i will buy a try me or small kit first and i will wear them to test .

Thank you mui from Thailand

Jacky sawasdee ka

I do not like the smell of monomer the same as you .

I now keep my lid on my monomer and this is a big help i now use ezflow monomer it is 40 per cent less smell then most other monomers i use naillite hi tech system very little smell and nailite oderless and there is very little smell i read tammy taylor has a very good oderless system .

I hope you can find a monomer you can work with .

Mui from Thailand

mui said:
Sawasdee ka

On www.beautytech.com thread 7/24/2004 help my nails keep cracking there are 3 ladys that have problem with cracking with dip system .

After i looked the video i like the nails and i think i will have in my salon but when i see the thread it is making me think about this .

Maybe i will buy a try me or small kit first and i will wear them to test .

Thank you mui from Thailand
Sawasdee ka Mui: i couldnt find the thread on the site so can you give me a bit of guidance as to how to get to it. I think getting a small kit is a good idea and trying on yourself. I had somebody do that for me.

mui said:
Jacky sawasdee ka

I do not like the smell of monomer the same as you .

I now keep my lid on my monomer and this is a big help i now use ezflow monomer it is 40 per cent less smell then most other monomers i use naillite hi tech system very little smell and nailite oderless and there is very little smell i read tammy taylor has a very good oderless system .

I hope you can find a monomer you can work with .

Mui from Thailand

Thank you Mui for your tips......I have one unopened bottle of a well known brand of monomer....bear this in mind...UNOPENED and each time I go to the place it is....I can smell it very strongly and that makes me ill!.....
It is a shame because I do want to find something that will allow me to do all 3 systems!
You are right that you should try the Extreme trial kit first and see how you wear it...and thank you for the link to the Beautytech I will take a look later and see what comments are there.

xxxx

Hi

If you are getting cracking of the product you may find that it is because

1 your application is too thick it should be THIN layers
2 you are using to much activator

Check your applcication.

Mui use your try me kit you wont be disapointed. Your right about monomer i have some unopened ones in my cupboard and when you open the door the smell hits you ( i am a bit weird thought cause i dont really mind the smell!!)

Hope this helps i love this system its so quick and easy peesy to do!

Little Angel said:
Hi

If you are getting cracking of the product you may find that it is because

1 your application is too thick it should be THIN layers
2 you are using to much activator

Check your applcication.

Mui use your try me kit you wont be disapointed. Your right about monomer i have some unopened ones in my cupboard and when you open the door the smell hits you ( i am a bit weird thought cause i dont really mind the smell!!)

Hope this helps i love this system its so quick and easy peesy to do!
Firstly, i love this system too! Secondly, if you're a bit weird then so am i - i love the smell of monomer, lol :)

Yes Caz but not everyone is a mad bird like you.....lol.

I have to say i quite like the smell too, so that makes me a mad bird.;)

Latest posts

Back