Anyone used Premier Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all my certs but was never asked yet. I don’t know why I’m having such issues getting them to Ireland, takes nearly 2/3months, always some issue.Is this normal for everyone else ordering? Anyone else ordering from Ireland? Thanks

I'm just starting out too. And made an order to PG they never asked for my cert. Still waiting on my order to arrive hopefully get it tomorrow. So can't comment on the quality yet.

I tried premier gel, first order fine got what I wanted found, that the lighter colours are a bit streaky and the rubber base coat I always find had a heat spike, second order got lost and gave me store credit, which i used on their new gels and they are really thick, again streaky. I am selling mine and try bluesky.

Really strange how so many orders are ‘lost’ ? I’m still waiting on two refunds to come and now they are ignoring my emails, so frustrating. Any info on blue sky gels? Haven’t heard about them?

Really strange how so many orders are ‘lost’ ? I’m still waiting on two refunds to come and now they are ignoring my emails, so frustrating. Any info on blue sky gels? Haven’t heard about them?

Blue sky isn’t a professional brand. If you search for it on here you’ll read loads of posts about it, most which are negative

Any other brands you recommend? Really like the gel bottle but they are so expensive.

Any other brands you recommend? Really like the gel bottle but they are so expensive.

I’d even avoid the gel bottle now due to the fact they’re manufactured in China and because of recent reports, which you can find on here and on Facebook groups. I would look for a product manufactured in America or the eu. I personally use CND, but I know lots of other techs like INK London and Ikon.iq. Remember you get what you pay for and it’s worth investing in a top quality and safe product to use on your clients :)

I’d even avoid the gel bottle now due to the fact they’re manufactured in China and because of recent reports, which you can find on here and on Facebook groups. I would look for a product manufactured in America or the eu. I personally use CND, but I know lots of other techs like INK London and Ikon.iq. Remember you get what you pay for and it’s worth investing in a top quality and safe product to use on your clients :)
They are manufactured in china but have to go through EU testing before they can be sold here. If it's used properly it's as safe as any other nail brand

They are manufactured in china but have to go through EU testing before they can be sold here. If it's used properly it's as safe as any other nail brand

Unfortunately I wouldn’t put it down to misuse that causes the problems, but I don’t really want to comment further on it as I don’t wish to overly bad mouth the brand!

There are certainly many brands that are safer to use than others. Just because a brand has ‘passed’ EU testing does not mean that the ingredients are entirely safe. A nail tech could use a product perfectly and still encounter problems if the ingredients aren’t to a high standard.

Have a look on the Facebook groups, nail technicians allergy support group and the nail tech awareness group. There are a few posts on there highlighting the problems that have arisen

Unfortunately I wouldn’t put it down to misuse that causes the problems, but I don’t really want to comment further on it as I don’t wish to overly bad mouth the brand!

There are certainly many brands that are safer to use than others. Just because a brand has ‘passed’ EU testing does not mean that the ingredients are entirely safe. A nail tech could use a product perfectly and still encounter problems if the ingredients aren’t to a high standard.

Have a look on the Facebook groups, nail technicians allergy support group and the nail tech awareness group. There are a few posts on there highlighting the problems that have arisen
I'm part of all of those groups. Like I said before I've yet to see proof and also have noted the main people stirring the pot in the comments in the FB groups are heavily invested in a brand which has most definitely lost a lot of custom.

I've put my questions and concerns across to the gel bottle and I am perfectly satisfied with their answers.
I advise anyone else who is worried do the same.

I'm part of all of those groups. Like I said before I've yet to see proof and also have noted the main people stirring the pot in the comments in the FB groups are heavily invested in a brand which has most definitely lost a lot of custom.

I've put my questions and concerns across to the gel bottle and I am perfectly satisfied with their answers.
I advise anyone else who is worried do the same.

If you’re satisfied with their answers then that’s absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to place their trust in whatever brand they chose. A lot of people found the pictures and their own clients experiences as proof enough. Nail techs also used it correctly as you said, and still encountered problems.

People should always contact brands when they have concerns, but they should also do their own research on sites like these to hopefully gather a well-rounded view. That’s why we have sites like these, so we can get real advice from real people working in the industry, not just having to place our trust solely in what a brand tells us

I got my order for Bluesky today going to try them out tomorrow on my clients so will let you know! :)

I am not going to comment on any specific brand, but just want to clarify one point. There is no such thing as "EU testing".

To register a product on CPNP, a Cosmetic Safety Assessment is required and this has to be made by a qualified toxicologist. However, they simply look at the ingredients and if they are legal. They do not test the products in a laboratory - which IS required if you sell to Russia or many other former Soviet countries. There you are not allowed to sell cosmetics without this testing and receiving an approval certificate.

What this means is that while legal ingredients may be used, there is no control about the use of excessive amounts. There is for example, a recommendation (only) that HEMA should be limited to 30%. But there are apparently CPNP registered products on the market with double this. Most EU/USA chemists would consider even 30% excessive.

I dont no if it's the rubber base as am not doing anything different an never had a problem with any other gels but the whole nail is peeling in one go of mine happened to me an my client it's the only thing av changed that goes directly on to the nail so think it's this xxxx

I dont no if it's the rubber base as am not doing anything different an never had a problem with any other gels but the whole nail is peeling in one go of mine happened to me an my client it's the only thing av changed that goes directly on to the nail so think it's this xxxx

There seem to be a lot of people experiencing similar problems with both brands. It's very worrying -(

Yeh am just going to change the base because every colour I have bought is amazing after 1 coat so dnt want to stop using them I'll update if changing the base makes a difference xxx

How much are ikon gels and lamps... doing my training and would be worth knowing..thanks

Just wanted to update as it was the rubber base I have used a different brand base with the pg colour and completely fine

Latest posts

Back