Anyone used Premier Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not get along with premier gel, I find that it always shrinks from the cuticle no matter what colour I use. I read that you could shake the bottle to try and stop this but this doesn’t work either. No other gel I have worked with does this.
Very annoying because the colours are so pigmented and I really like the rubber base and top coat!

Just wanted to update as it was the rubber base I have used a different brand base with the pg colour and completely fine

Couldn’t this create an even worse problem in the long run though? As you are not meant to mix systems

I noticed on the facebook group that a different approach was taken when talking about people having reactions to products. While they are a newer company compared to others, I think it's wrong to tarnish a whole company based on the odd person having a reaction to BIAB. The amount of techs saying they haven't had any issues makes me wonder about the one's who have. Were they mixing products? Were they getting products on the skin? Did their client develop an allergy over time, therefore, any product would have set them off? Just because their products come from China does not mean their products aren't worth using. Were any of these questions asked before the scaremongering of all Chinese products being bad started?

I will copy here a comment I put on a thread about animal testing. It will give you a good view of the Chinese market as it currently stands and why I personally would have concern about nail products manufactured there.

What you have to consider here is that there isn't an outright ban, it's just an option. Old habits die hard and if China are selling to less enlightened nations that still prefer to have product testing on animals then there will most likely be continuation of the practice.

A few years ago I used to do a lot of work with Chinese producers of all kinds of things from toys and clothes to tools and electrical goods...I would sample a product and provide feedback.
My feeling was that China, having emerged from a relatively recent period of oppression, have embraced the world of production and commerce in a manner akin to a child with ADHD.

Competitive and innovative, but here's the snag, regulation on the quality and safety of products produced hasn't progressed at the same frenetic rate. There is little in place beyond the competition itself to drive this. Sometimes it works fine. If the camera tripod by X is stronger and more sturdy than the tripod from Y it's pretty easy to see. It becomes a problem with things you can't see... like with cosmetics.

If the competition is to have the most colours and effects, the longest lasting or the glossiest gel top coat then that will override less obvious benefits, such as the safety or provenance of the ingredients. Add to that the price competition and the issue is compounded, quality ingredients aren't cheap. The cheaper, lower quality options will likely come from sources that will still embrace animal testing simply because at the moment it's the least expensive option for them.

I think the day will come when this will improve but for now it's easier to deal with the issue by being less than open about production methods and hoping to get away with it.
I warned a friend not to use the new gel remover recently and she came back to me with the ingredients list which made the product look practically organic and very safe. The ammonia and caustic soda were listed in a generic way to make them appear to be natural, harmless ingredients!
Under all these circumstances I personally would not even trust MSDS data at this time. There just isn't the regulation in place to give it authenticity.

How much are ikon gels and lamps... doing my training and would be worth knowing..thanks

Most of our customers don't buy the lamp, but take advantage of our free LED/UV lamp offer, which they get when they spend £180 exc. VAT on gels, gel polishes or our POLYTEK polymer gels in any combination.

I will send you some prices by PM, but to have a clear overview the best would be if you register. Normally this requires you to upload a photo of your certificate, but if you upload proof that you are in training, we will open the account. x

I noticed on the facebook group that a different approach was taken when talking about people having reactions to products. While they are a newer company compared to others, I think it's wrong to tarnish a whole company based on the odd person having a reaction to BIAB. The amount of techs saying they haven't had any issues makes me wonder about the one's who have. Were they mixing products? Were they getting products on the skin? Did their client develop an allergy over time, therefore, any product would have set them off? Just because their products come from China does not mean their products aren't worth using. Were any of these questions asked before the scaremongering of all Chinese products being bad started?

Unfortunately it isn’t just the “odd person” that are having problems. It’s a really large amount, and the techs that are experiencing these problems aren’t getting help/advice/answers from the company. They’re being blocked, deleted from Facebook groups, and sometimes even threatened with legal action. This doesn’t scream ethical company to me?

One of the major problems I think is the fact that the gel hasn’t been manufactured with a lamp. There’s no way of knowing that any old 48w lamp is going to cure the product correctly. If the product isn’t cured correctly, reactions will start to take place. Sure, some techs will misuse products and not apply safely etc. But is it an entirely safe product to begin with?

The “scaremongering” of using Chinese products has come from the fact there seems to be a common occurrence with the products: reactions, no matching lamp, inadequate or often missing “msds’ sheets which now should be sds, and a high amount of less-favoured chemicals which a lot of other products would avoid

They do have a lamp. They did a colab with SunUV. They sell the lamp on their site. Also, they always made their msds sheets available are far as I know. They never hid the fact that their products were made in china. It's on the bottle after all. Also, they did make a statement in their facebook group regarding the reactions if I recall.

Unfortunately it isn’t just the “odd person” that are having problems. It’s a really large amount, and the techs that are experiencing these problems aren’t getting help/advice/answers from the company. They’re being blocked, deleted from Facebook groups, and sometimes even threatened with legal action. This doesn’t scream ethical company to me?

One of the major problems I think is the fact that the gel hasn’t been manufactured with a lamp. There’s no way of knowing that any old 48w lamp is going to cure the product correctly. If the product isn’t cured correctly, reactions will start to take place. Sure, some techs will misuse products and not apply safely etc. But is it an entirely safe product to begin with?

The “scaremongering” of using Chinese products has come from the fact there seems to be a common occurrence with the products: reactions, no matching lamp, inadequate or often missing “msds’ sheets which now should be sds, and a high amount of less-favoured chemicals which a lot of other products would avoid

In regards to animal testing, TGB did get a leaping rabbit bunny certificate. So while their products are made in China, clearly leaping bunny did enough research to feel they were worthy enough to earn a badge.

I will copy here a comment I put on a thread about animal testing. It will give you a good view of the Chinese market as it currently stands and why I personally would have concern about nail products manufactured there.

What you have to consider here is that there isn't an outright ban, it's just an option. Old habits die hard and if China are selling to less enlightened nations that still prefer to have product testing on animals then there will most likely be continuation of the practice.

A few years ago I used to do a lot of work with Chinese producers of all kinds of things from toys and clothes to tools and electrical goods...I would sample a product and provide feedback.
My feeling was that China, having emerged from a relatively recent period of oppression, have embraced the world of production and commerce in a manner akin to a child with ADHD.

Competitive and innovative, but here's the snag, regulation on the quality and safety of products produced hasn't progressed at the same frenetic rate. There is little in place beyond the competition itself to drive this. Sometimes it works fine. If the camera tripod by X is stronger and more sturdy than the tripod from Y it's pretty easy to see. It becomes a problem with things you can't see... like with cosmetics.

If the competition is to have the most colours and effects, the longest lasting or the glossiest gel top coat then that will override less obvious benefits, such as the safety or provenance of the ingredients. Add to that the price competition and the issue is compounded, quality ingredients aren't cheap. The cheaper, lower quality options will likely come from sources that will still embrace animal testing simply because at the moment it's the least expensive option for them.

I think the day will come when this will improve but for now it's easier to deal with the issue by being less than open about production methods and hoping to get away with it.
I warned a friend not to use the new gel remover recently and she came back to me with the ingredients list which made the product look practically organic and very safe. The ammonia and caustic soda were listed in a generic way to make them appear to be natural, harmless ingredients!
Under all these circumstances I personally would not even trust MSDS data at this time. There just isn't the regulation in place to give it authenticity.

They do have a lamp. They did a colab with SunUV. They sell the lamp on their site. Also, they always made their msds sheets available are far as I know. They never hid the fact that their products were made in china. It's on the bottle after all. Also, they did make a statement in their facebook group regarding the reactions if I recall.

Are you talking about the gel bottle? This thread and my comment wasn’t about that company :) I’ve never used tgb so cant comment on them

Yes I was talking about TGB because someone mentioned the post in a facebook group. My mistake.
Are you talking about the gel bottle? This thread and my comment wasn’t about that company :) I’ve never used tgb so cant comment on them

I've just had my first and last order from premier gel, absolutely awful customer service and took a random payment of £40 extra, blamed me and told me to go to my bank for fraud.

Just wanted to update as it was the rubber base I have used a different brand base with the pg colour and completely fine
Which base did you use please?

I've just had my first and last order from premier gel, absolutely awful customer service and took a random payment of £40 extra, blamed me and told me to go to my bank for fraud.
What?! That's disgusting!

So after this thread i decided to get a few colours and try out premier gel, i usually use tgb with no problems. I found it strange i wasn't asked to produce any of my qualifications when signing up on premier gels website.

Well !!! every client i applied premier gel over the top of acrylics were back in within 2 days with most nails completely chipped and im able to peel the colour off clean!. I used there hard gel and colour on top of natural nails and my client sent me a picture and it was the whole thing...just popped off while she was in the bath.
Ive never had any issues with tgb so I've taken premier gel off my shelf. Won't be buying anymore.

They didn’t ask for mine or my friends certificates when we ordered

They didn't ask for my certificates when I ordered either, thought I'd try a few of this brand before splurging as deep as TGB since I'm just starting out. I also bought a few of Bisou's colours and I'm going to be trying the two soon on family and myself.

In regards to animal testing, TGB did get a leaping rabbit bunny certificate. So while their products are made in China, clearly leaping bunny did enough research to feel they were worthy enough to earn a badge.

Depends what their research entails. How far back in the production do they go? The retailer, the manufacturer or each of the component suppliers?

Given the lengthy chain of involvement in the discussed brands I would need to know this detail before accepting the award is well founded.

Ask Leaping Bunny if you want to delve deeper.

Depends what their research entails. How far back in the production do they go? The retailer, the manufacturer or each of the component suppliers?

Given the lengthy chain of involvement in the discussed brands I would need to know this detail before accepting the award is well founded.

I've been using this product for quite a while now and use it on top of acrylic nails, my clients get 3-4 weeks with no problems. Hope that helps.

I’ve been using PG for a few months now, almost all my clients and myself get 3 weeks with no chips or any nails peeling off. I only do natural nails. I only use rubber base and top coat. I do love it but I’m starting to get worried about what’s going on with tgb and the bits I’ve heard about pg. it’s so hard to know what to do, because I find PG amazing ‍♀️

I haven't been asked to show my certificate, i ordered Friday and i haven received a dispatch email yet, how long does it normally take for them to deliver?

when i go onto my account and click my Hermes it says order not found?
thanks

Latest posts

Back