Anyone using Premier Gel? Need lamp recommendations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Gel Girl

Reaction score
Currently using a MISSU Lamp and have had some issues with gel peeling.
I can’t seem to place any issue on my prep so wonder if it’s my curing times.

I’ve seen people saying SUN lamp?
Anyone care to share the specific one they use/ any Premier Gel users out there ?

thanks I’m advance xxx

Thank you, I’ve read it. However they don’t manufacture their own lamp, so just trying to get some advice from the community or any other premier gel users!

Have had little/ no issues on myself or other clients so wondering if it was something I did, I.e under curing....

I use a sun lamp with premier gel and cure for 60 secs I've had no issues with peeling or lifting.

Thank you, I’ve read it. However they don’t manufacture their own lamp, so just trying to get some advice from the community or any other premier gel users!

Have had little/ no issues on myself or other clients so wondering if it was something I did, I.e under curing....

The fact that they don't have a properly matched lamp to their product based on what you read in the pinned post should be enough to ring alarm bells

I use a sun lamp with premier gel and cure for 60 secs I've had no issues with peeling or lifting.
Fantastic.... thank you so much. Any particular one?

The fact that they don't have a properly matched lamp to their product based on what you read in the pinned post should be enough to ring alarm bells
All I can say is so far I’ve had no health implications and neither have my clients, so I will work with procedure and service routine to the best of my knowledge And endeavour to give everyone the best service I can provide.

This is the brand I have invested in so I will give it a fair go before I consider switching. Thank you for your post

Pay close attention to what Trinity says here because it is a critical point - "The fact that they don't have a properly matched lamp to their product based on what you read in the pinned post should be enough to ring alarm bells." That tells you that they are not developing their own product line in conjunction with the lamps, that they do not know what cures their product, and that they are not testing their product with different lamps. That they don't even recommend a specific make/model lamp and give only wattage as a guide is troubling since wattage does not mean a thing in terms of a lamp's ability of cure a specific gel. I am not for or against any professional brand, but before you invest in products that do not manufacture their own lamps or even make specific recommendations, you should vet them thoroughly. You might also check on FB for Nail Allergy Group and Nail Tech Awareness and investigate this yourself.

Pay close attention to what Trinity says here because it is a critical point - "The fact that they don't have a properly matched lamp to their product based on what you read in the pinned post should be enough to ring alarm bells." That tells you that they are not developing their own product line in conjunction with the lamps, that they do not know what cures their product, and that they are not testing their product with different lamps. That they don't even recommend a specific make/model lamp and give only wattage as a guide is troubling since wattage does not mean a thing in terms of a lamp's ability of cure a specific gel. I am not for or against any professional brand, but before you invest in products that do not manufacture their own lamps or even make specific recommendations, you should vet them thoroughly. You might also check on FB for Nail Allergy Group and Nail Tech Awareness and investigate this yourself.

Explained so much better than I can :cool:

I lose all patience when people say 'yeah I've read all that..but...'

Explained so much better than I can :cool:

I lose all patience when people say 'yeah I've read all that..but...'

Im here for some advice not judgment don’t comment if you have no patience. Thanks :)

You expect me to take onboard your opinion but ignore mine. As long as your happy with your CND Take care x

Last edited by a moderator:
Im here for some advice not judgment don’t comment if you have no patience. Thanks :)

You were given the best advice available within the industry, you only need to read the hundreds of posts about lamps, allergy, clients and techs being affected, to realise and understand this is a big problem within the industry. Fact, not opinion.

You asked for advice, that implies you do not fully understand the situation you find yourself in, great, only a fool doesn't ask questions. However, once given the correct information, then blatantly ignore it, you will be testing someone's patience.

I will work with procedure and service routine to the best of my knowledge And endeavour to give everyone the best service I can provide.

You're contradicting yourself, you've been given new knowledge but choose to ignore it.

You will be judged by me when given industry accepted advice and choose to ignore it.

I do not expect you to take on my opinon because the information given is not opinion it's fact.

You expect me to take onboard your opinion but ignore mine. As long as your happy with your CND Take care x

One of the primary purposes of a professional forum like this is to put forward and uphold the standards of the profession. That sometimes means taking people to task when they don't do what is called for within those standards. You were politely informed (not judged) of the facts, not opinion.You were warned that there may be a problem with what you are doing that may impact your clients' and your own health. You were told where you might find additional information. That's not judgment; that's treating you like a colleague. I think you feel it as judgment because it did not comport with your wishes and expectations. When you enter a private professional forum, you should be prepared to receive very direct advice and guidance, and even censure when you might violate professional standards..

Thanks ladies, I take it in your first years you never EVER had any issues or seeked advice have a nice day. FACT xxxx

I take it in your first years you never EVER had any issues or seeked advice have a nice day. FACT xxxx

Of course we did, you wouldn't be on the site unless you were seeking information and support, thats the point of the site. This place has saved my business a million times over, but that's because the advice is honest, truthful and fact based, not just want I want to hear. However, when given information, and help, I didn't then tell the board that I intended to ignore the advice, then get stroppy when called out on it.

Thanks ladies, I take it in your first years you never EVER had any issues or seeked advice have a nice day. FACT xxxx

I don't know why you're not understanding and taking offense at this:
1. You have a problem because you are using a mismatched lamp. Peeling is a sure-fire symptom of that;
2. You have a problem because the brand you're using does not specify a lamp, leaving you with the distinct possibility of another mismatch;
3. You have a problem because you asked veteran techs for their thoughts and they have given you their best understanding of the problem which you have rudely rejected (not even bothering to question it more, ask for ideas, );
4. You have a problem because you were given really good resources to follow up with but haven't done your research on the brand you're using.

We were all new and inexperienced once and used this site to help us understand our procedures, our profession and the larger issues of the business. I am sorry that you find our guidance so difficult to interpret, but you'll not do better than the guidance you'll find here. Why not hold your tongue for a moment, consider what is said, and try what is suggested. If it doesn't work, you can come back and tell us all off.

Latest posts

Back