Anything to dry normal nail polish faster?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
Wondering has anyone any tips on how to get regular nail polish to dry a bit faster please?

Excuse spelling can't seem to change it.

Last edited:
There are various quick dry drops and sprays, I've never tried these. I just use normal cuticle oil that I rub on and around the nail.

Cuticle oil drys the polish? Really..

Cuticle oil drys the polish? Really..

Cuticle oil stops oxygen reaching the nail polish, oxygen slows down the drying process of nail polish. Air cannot penetrate oil so it creates a seal over the top of the polish allowing it to dry faster. Thats why waving your hands around to dry nail polish doesn't work....you're forcing air against the polish surface actually making it worse.

It also works to put your fingers in water....again...same process...oxygen cannot penetrate water so you are suffocating the polish and it will dry quicker. Iced water is a myth, any water will do.

Air dryers do not work, all they do is keep the clients hand still and in one place for long enough to allow the polish to dry.

Nail polish does not dry or cure under UV or LED lamp either so don't fall for that one

Thanks so much. Look forward to trying these methods. Much appreciated. Love this site. :)

I just use Seche Vite top coat and a fast drying spray, oil based so leaves a slight residue but dries pretty instantly and then the oil just can be moisturised in :)

Fab thanks so much x

There are various products you can some of which have been mentioned already, alternatively you can purchase fast drying polish such as CND Vinylux.

I seen on a post somewhere the other day that Avon do a spray that helps polish dry quicker,I checked an online Avon catologue and they do have it! Loads answered on the post saying they couldn't live without it when doing normal polish! Take a look xx

I seen on a post somewhere the other day that Avon do a spray that helps polish dry quicker,I checked an online Avon catologue and they do have it! Loads answered on the post saying they couldn't live without it when doing normal polish! Take a look xx
Avon isn't a professional brand though and we wouldn't recommend it is used on clients surely?

I don't know,Iv only just qualified so can't say I have purchased things like that to be honest lol! Just seen loads of people saying they use it x

Seche vite top coat is the shiz!!!! Bone dry in less than a minute. That coupled with quick dry drops it dries very quickly x

Seche vite top coat is the shiz!!!! Bone dry in less than a minute. That coupled with quick dry drops it dries very quickly x

Which quick dry drops do you prefer Hun? X

i use ASP "wow it's dry" from Sally's. It's really good X

Latest posts

Back