Apex on fibreglass nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx a lot, Dawnie and Lousie, I've saved your instructions and will definitely give it a go on myself - you never know i might prefer rounded nails (something i didnt know existed on myself, lol)!!:biggrin:

Using resins with different viscosity will give you a better result if you are apex/stress area building...........
I have been a fibreglass technician for 13 years now and found it very hard to build the stress area with normal viscosity resin on very flat nails.............

I have also used every Resin on the market as I needed something that would give me the results I was looking for........
A thin resin for making the mesh dissapear and a thicker resin to fill any low spots on the nail or building the apex for strength......but when I started there was only the one type...normal viscosity.....

So to sort this problem out I used to apply a stress strip on the stress area first resined this and then applied the complete covering of fibreglass to the tip and then resined again........
This worked ok but made the Fibreglass a bit more prominent........specially if one stress strip still left the nail looking flat and I had to use more to compensate the flatness......

Then after a while cool set gel was introduced to the market and I used that to build up a nice apex on a flat nail....this made a huge difference, gave me strength without over meshing the nail and sitting there for ages trying to get the look with just the one normal viscosity resin..........

I found that just one type of resin was just not enough for me, to help me to deal with problem nails I.E, Flat or Ski jump.................

The same way, I need to use different types of Tips for different type of nails..................to enhance them correctly

So I used normal resin, not any particular brand as they all nearly worked the same............
Used a cool set Gel, which is a resin not a Gel.......why they named it that I will never know lol.................I used this to build up ski jump or flat nail.......
Used this system of any resin will do, right up to last year July..............

I did find a system that worked for me and got me first place this year at Olympia in the fibreglass category...........Not any dearer then going and buying different resins from different places and making sure you get a high grade EC resin...

All I will say is..............Every Fibreglass Technician will need more then one type of resin.........A normal viscosity and a building resin/ thicker viscosity resin......as you never know what problem nails will walk through your door...
and I want my clients nails not just to be visualy correct but also strong and durable and that means , building it with the best tools available to me and using the generics of arch building......... the strongest point of an arch is in the centre........the dome area.....build this correctly and you will have a sound, beautifull and well structured nail...............

Just my tuppence worth on this
and in my oppinion after using all there is out there to use, Fabric# system will do this for me every time.............but hey it isn't a Creative product, it is a designer nails product......only available here in the UK so far....So the L&P Restrictions on purchase do not apply as long as you hold a valid Fibreglass certificate........
But then EZFlow also do a building resin as well as a normal viscosity resin....and Antony uses that with great and fab results, so you have a choice of top quality brands......
I am not on my Creative Nail Soapbox ,I am on my "I am a Fibreglass Technician one"..............
Now I am having a Voddy and a chill lol.............been a hectic week

Now I am having a Voddy and a chill lol.............been a hectic week[/QUOTE said:
Enjoy your voddy luv............... :)
By the way dont want to go off the original post but I haven't had time to check out the board recently and have just noticed your new Signature

MASTER NAIL TECH Well done..you definately know your stuff :)

Mel xx

Thanx a lot for your insight, Ruth. I know how much you know about fibreglass application and have major respect for your knowledge. To be honest I didnt know there were different viscosity ones until Fab Freak told me yesterday so that makes so much sense and i'll definitely give it a go on a flat or ski jump nail.

Best wishes

There are always going to be people who want every bit of knowledge about every kind of system out there. I'm one of those people. I file it away and when I need to refer to it, it's there. That's the only way I will learn and grow in this business.

Then there are other people who think that everyone is out to sell them on a particular brand. We each make that decision and nobody forces us to buy anything we don't want. As far as I'm concerned, the more information you have about Creative, OPI, LCN, EZFlow, any of these products, the better. There is not one that is better or best it is entirely an individual decision. But if you aren't aware of the products and how they are working (or not) for others, how will you possibly be able to even begin to make an informed decision.

I'm off my soapbox now

Laura

Carole Lindsay said:
Thanx a lot for your insight, Ruth. I know how much you know about fibreglass application and have major respect for your knowledge. To be honest I didnt know there were different viscosity ones until Fab Freak told me yesterday so that makes so much sense and i'll definitely give it a go on a flat or ski jump nail.

Best wishes
Your welcome Hun,
Play about with the resins and see what you can achieve............ You will love the results and your clients will to........... Thanks for the kind words........and now you know about the different resins I am sure there will be no stopping you....
Have a brill weekend...............If you have any problems or questions you can always PM me and I am sure Geeg too............She is the bees kness on the resin/Fibreglass front not just L&P...............It is all down to her that I won this year...........Her advice and input is well worth listening to and taking notice off............Her passion for nails is second to non and it rubs of.........She is a heck of a teacher and mentor.............
Enough rambling , voddy is needed hey it is the weekend afterall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back