Apex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Hi all :) I've been trying to find some pikkies on here of the side view of what the enhancement should look like (the Apex) and I can't seem to find one.... Could any of you help at all?

I just need to see how thin they should be and the shape so I've got some sort of guide as I'm practicing here (homework)

How thin can they be without comprimising the strength? I know the enhancements should never be flat but how slim line can they be still having an apex?

Sorry not sure if that makes any sense!!

thanks

xx Tamm

Hi Tamm

(Good gracious what an un-earthly time you were on here this morning! :lol: )

I haven't found any pictures (I'm sure someone will post some later) but Sam did a great piece on the apex in Nails Mag in January - did you see it? :green:

(Good gracious what an un-earthly time you were on here this morning! :lol: )
lol! I'm a lark but am finding it hard to sleep with my mind buzzing from all this learning so I'm up really early at the moment!!

Kat..... I had a look at the link but its just a shopping site. I was really looking for an enhancement not just the tips.

xx Tamm

Kat's Claws said:
Thanks Kat but what I was actually after was a pikkie not a drawing.......

I'm not currently subscribed to Nails so I didn't see Sam's article on the apex. :cry: no doubt that would have helped.

I think I'm trying to hard at first I automatically got the feel for it but now I can't seem to get it in the right place... and I can never make up my mind whether the end result is ok or not......

xx Tamm

hi think you will find what you need on this site.

Its mostly gell but you will get the general idea, lots of side views!!
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/shoebox.msnw

hope ive done that right not too good at all this yet.

Mani-fique! said:
Hi all :) I've been trying to find some pikkies on here of the side view of what the enhancement should look like (the Apex) and I can't seem to find one.... Could any of you help at all?

I just need to see how thin they should be and the shape so I've got some sort of guide as I'm practicing here (homework)

How thin can they be without comprimising the strength? I know the enhancements should never be flat but how slim line can they be still having an apex?

Sorry not sure if that makes any sense!!

thanks

xx Tamm

hi girls

there are pictures of apex on here but they are in the everyone's a critic in the premium geek forum with replies from the nail geek so girls if you want to see them you need to become premium geeks ;)

crazy'n'creative said:
hi girls

there are pictures of apex on here but they are in the everyone's a critic in the premium geek forum with replies from the nail geek so girls if you want to see them you need to become premium geeks ;)

I have to agree with caroline here :cool: Its really worth becoming a premium geek :) You will gain much more help from the top peeps.

lesley1965 said:
I have to agree with caroline here :cool: Its really worth becoming a premium geek :) You will gain much more help from the top peeps.
I hadn't realised that you get that with being a premium geek.... ;) no good right now for my homework but I will become a preimium geek asap. Wouldn't want to miss out on that supa dupa advice now would I!!:p

Tamm

Just to clarify...
You get just as much help from anyone being a Premium as you do being a non Premium member.
There is a forum for Premium users only that does include a sub-forum for posting pics for critiques. This was something that other premium members asked for, so I put it up. People used to occasionaly post pics for critiquing, but its hard to do unless you can upload a pic from your PC, so therefore it made sense to put it in the area for Premiums.
That said, there isnt a great deal of stuff in the Premium section aside from that (and there isnt a great deal in there either).
I am not trying to disuade anyone from becoming a Premium Geek (thankfully, it has taken an edge of my hosting fees for the next couple of months)... I just don't want anyone to feel that they are missing anything if they are not one (apart from creating polls, uploading pics, and being able to create stuff in the articles and tutorials section).

Back on topic: I will see if I can dig up anything on a good shot of an apex. They are everywhere until you need one.
Someone mentioned that I did an article last month on Apex placement... so Ill go look there to put that up in the tutorials section. Saying that though... there isnt a side view of the shot. ;)

Back on topic: I will see if I can dig up anything on a good shot of an apex. They are everywhere until you need one.
Someone mentioned that I did an article last month on Apex placement... so Ill go look there to put that up in the tutorials section. Saying that though... there isnt a side view of the shot. ;)
Thanks for that Sam...... that would be great if you have the time....... I've had a look like I said but I couldn't find one!! And it would be great to print out for me to look at as I'm learning to get shape and thickness of the enhancement as well as the apex area.

By the way..... when you talk in your article about the apex being about half way between the eponychium line and the free edge line..... sorry if I appear thick here but the free edge line... is that the start of the free edge or the tip of the nail? :o

xx Tamm

I scanned and sent Tamm a copy of your article Samuel but again, the pics there were not of the apex that she wants. We have both been looking around the site for what she wants but they seem to be hiding somewhere because we haven`t found them yet
Tamm, the free edge will be where the nail protrudes from the finger, not the tip edge

hmmm.... what I mean is that the apex is smack dab between the eponychium and the tip of Zone 1 (in other words, the middle Zone 1 + Zone 2 + Zone 3)

Got the article... just not the pics... will have to post it later. Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back