Apologies to Nouvatan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I feel I need to make a thread apologising to Nouvatan.
I made a thread the other day titled 'Should I change spray solution... Nouvatan'
In this thread I stated that 2 of my clients were having trouble with fade off and had found it very hard to get their spray tans off, I then went on to say that I didnt know whether to change solution even though I loved Nouvatan. I received a mixed response from posters, some saying I should change others asking why I hadnt asked Nouvatan about this first.
I will admit I didnt ask Nouvatan as I thought it may be something I was doing wrong, not something wrong with Nouvatan's solution, I then saw that another 3 people had had the same problem so I then thought maybe they had made a change to their solution.
Anyway I have just spoke with the wonderful Dawn and she has advised me on where I was going wrong.
I did not train with Nouvatan and wish I did as the training I received from another company was horrific. I was advised that with darker tans I should advise the client to exfoliate 2 - 3 days after their spray tan... this is completely wrong. Which means I have been advising my clients to do something that would result in bad fade off. I also sprayed one of my clients with a darker solution as this is what she wanted, it has now become clear to me that her skin cannot handle the darkness of the tan and if she comes back to me again I will explain to her that she should opt for a lighter shade.
I would like to thank Nouvatan as they have helped me out so much with many different issues even though I have not trained with them!
I did not mean in anyway to slate them and I apologise to anyone who thought I did! If you are umming and ahhing about what spray tan solution to go with.. Choose Nouvatan!!
Thank you for reading and once again I apologise x

How nice to see that someone actually has the time, inclination and COURAGE to apologise. Very refreshing and to me a sign of good character. Well done you, if you run your business with the type of integrity you have shown here I am sure that your customers will return again and again

lovely post chelle :biggrin: its always better to ask the experts before you ask a forum. i can honestly say that the very few complaints we do get are from people like yourself who have recieved poor training from other companies. or in some cases people who trained with us but then listen to other peoples "advice" and ignore what we say and do things there own way,
they put too much solution on. or use the wrong percentages on light skin types. or like yourself they have given bad pre tan or aftercare advice to clients.
as you have said we are always available to help and even if a therapist didnt train with us or buy the kit from us we will help them out.... even if they dont buy anything, because thats the way we roll :biggrin: :D

After reading a few threads I narrowed down my decision of who to train with to sunless solutions, Sienna x and Nouvatan. I couldn't get anywhere near any of these 3 at Beauty UK to ask questions could only just about grab their leaflets etc.

After reading the thread you started the other day I was getting a bit put off of Nouvatan, however after reading a few threads today I think Nouvatan are back at the top of the 3. Now I've just got to save some pennies cause I spent way too much at Beauty UK on nail stuff which was meant to be going towards tanning! Whoops!!! Xx

This is a lovely thread and a really good example of why, if anyone has a problem with a product, they should seek advice from the company themselves. They know their own products so much better than anyone on here and complaining about any product will bring a whole train of suggestions to try different products.

It is so easy to come on here and ask advice, that is what we are here for, but sometimes the advice can just confuse the issue even more.

I am so pleased you have got yourself sorted, what a funny thing to be told to do though, I have never heard of exfoliating after a tan. :D

Latest posts

Back