Apple iMac salon computer, pros & cons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lpolky

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have an apple iMac computer in their salon, is it good? Any problems with bookings, screen? Speed? Layout? Emails?

As a self confessed Apple nerd, they’re fantastic pieces of kit and hold decent value should you ever sell in the future.

They do take a little to get used to if you’ve never used OSX vs Windows but it’s incredibly easy to use and like most things nowadays, anything you need to know can be found on YouTube.

I’ve had several iMacs and MacBook Pro’s and I upgrade out of choice rather than necessity every time. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro that still runs great and I don’t know many windows machines that old still going strong.

Saying all this though, there are some good windows options out there.

For me, what I like about Apple is realibility plus if there is an issue, I can take it to an Apple store. Need to claim on your warranty on a windows machine? Be prepared to hand it back to the manufacturer or post it off for a week or so while they look at it.

My best advice is if you’re lucky enough to have a windows and an Apple store around, go and try them both out :)

Thankyou for your reply. Yes I have currently windows computer but been told it won’t be sufficient enough for my new booking software I want to use.
I have iPads, iPhone and Mac book at home and love them so thinking should be fine. X

Just hope it’s good with all my instagram and fb for business but guessing it’s all the same as what I’m using at home and will be easy for the staff.

Yeah, social media will be the same no matter what really.

Interesting to hear why the software company thinks your windows machine isn’t good enough. Who are they?

By the sounds of it, it’s a local based system which in this day and age, I think cloud based systems are better.

Many of our clients have them (we’re their accountant). Agree with everything @BannerPenguin says. Plus they look great!

Thanks all. Yes the software company I’m looking at is Get Slick, looks really good, recommended from my L’Oréal rep. They say as we have 11 staff, not always needing 11 columns but the windows one we use might be a bit slow.

They look like they're in partnership with L'Oreal so it's pretty biased. It looks alright. If you're happy with it that's all the matters but it's not clear if it's local or cloud-based.

Also, I did have to laugh at the clear and transparent pricing statement lol. One price for the software, extra for texts (deff want those), extra 50p per online booking! That's crazy. I don't know any software that charges extra for online booking, that's kind of the point of the software. Could quickly add up to quite a bit with 11 staff.

Yes so difficult to know what’s best. They say it’s £45 a month for me for unlimited over 7 columns, that includes texts. I don’t want online bookings. I’m currently paying £60 a month with no texts plus slick has a little more to offer. Ahhh [emoji51]

Latest posts

Back