application of acrylic help pls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaowens

Reaction score
hi all
when applyig a natural tip with pink overlay which zone do u start in ?
im starting in zone 3 then 2 then tip zone 1 however when i place my bead in zone 2 i do the push pull method but im still left with a line were it joins zone 3 ? if i try to put more pressure on the bead my brush jst flares (its a ezflow brush) as i think i must be putting enough preasure on do u think my bead could be too dry (it is shiny when i place it and smooth)
any help pls x

hi all
when applyig a natural tip with pink overlay which zone do u start in ?
im starting in zone 3 then 2 then tip zone 1 however when i place my bead in zone 2 i do the push pull method but im still left with a line were it joins zone 3 ? if i try to put more pressure on the bead my brush jst flares (its a ezflow brush) as i think i must be putting enough preasure on do u think my bead could be too dry (it is shiny when i place it and smooth)
any help pls x

Lisa, please clarify for me just how much training you have had hun. Your profile does not tell me that information and it would help me to help you if I knew. thanks so much.

ive done my l&p course with ezflow about 2 years ago started doing quite a few nails but then i got pregnant and had a very bad ppregnancy so gave it up and ive jst taken it up again i did a 2 day refresher course but im still struggling a liitle even though ppl seem happy with them im not !

I really feel that some more help with an instructor would help you. Target the specific area in which you need help and work together on that. It is very difficult to explain how to with what yuare doing.

3,2,1 makes no sense at all to me. 123 is the way I count and the way the majority of nail techs work .. because it is logical. Also I always work in two colours .. NEVER just one so this method is out as far as I am concerned. My business is to enhance what the client has not just give her what she has already got.

You talk of DRY prep in other posts. How can you soften the skin and remove cuticle effectively and in a pampering way with a dry prep? It is not necessary nor is it nice for the client. Using a beautiful creams to soften the skin before prep is so much nicer and the clients love it and it is not detrimental to the product adhereing to the plate so why not do it the professional way?

I just think you need to get some real help and real live help. You obviously care and want to progress so that is my advice. Try some different trainers and get a different perspective on things. I'm not saying try a different product necessarily, but a different trainer may give you more insight.

thanks for your advice im jst following what i was shown in training i do want to feel confident in my application i will master it one day ! :)

thanks for your advice im jst following what i was shown in training i do want to feel confident in my application i will master it one day ! :)

I'm sure you are BUT .....

Why not try a different method if this one is not working for you? Try the logical way 1, 2 and 3. It is the way the majority of nail techs work and the way that is easiest to teach beginners which is why I use it. Seriously, I have girls leave my class room iandin 5 days they are turning outr better work than I see in allot of salons. It works, so why not giveit a go.

Latest posts

Back