application of acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essexgirl

Reaction score
any help greatly appreciated, from very new recruit!
Having recently completed an essential nails course, i have moved on from the nail trainer to "real live people" (guniea pigs only)which i am sure everyone will know is a completley differant ball game! i am having problems with the application of acrylic in getting the "nice c curve shape" without having to do loads of filing to shape. does anyone have any tips. i have been given one of using only 2 beads and patting it on not brushing- anyone have success with this? any tips gratefully received!

essexgirl said:
any help greatly appreciated, from very new recruit!
Having recently completed an essential nails course, i have moved on from the nail trainer to "real live people" (guniea pigs only)which i am sure everyone will know is a completley differant ball game! i am having problems with the application of acrylic in getting the "nice c curve shape" without having to do loads of filing to shape. does anyone have any tips. i have been given one of using only 2 beads and patting it on not brushing- anyone have success with this? any tips gratefully received!
oh yeah, i know what you mean! its a totally different ball game on a human being ;). i think you mean that you're not able to achieve the arch in zone 2? personally i would stay with 3 beads coz i think that's the best way to build it unless its a little finger! do your 3 bead application making sure you have a bigger bead for zone 2 (stress area) and then if you still arent happy that the arch is high enough pick up a small bead and place it there and blend it in (if you know what i mean!?).

thank you carole and bless you for knowing what i meant! It is the arch i mean, the nice shape pluss the consistency on all nails, (same shape ect). i know it probably just takes practice but you know, impatience and frustration get the better of me! also i still use the pinnacle products as supplied with my course, i do find the monomer can be a little difficult, (crystalise). dose anyone have any products that they swear by?

I like to pat my acrylic balls into place then give a quick smooth over at the end. I used to have problems getting a nice shape and then sum1 on this site suggested placing the second ball a little further back towards the cuticle, worked a treat!

Latest posts

Back