Application of white tips with no well area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how on earth you know how far down the nail you are with a white tip that has no well area ie. nothing to "click in"??? I got some and they have a lovely shape but not sure how to use 'em :( .

Carole Lindsay said:
Can anybody tell me how on earth you know how far down the nail you are with a white tip that has no well area ie. nothing to "click in"??? I got some and they have a lovely shape but not sure how to use 'em :( .
hi carole

all the white tips that i use (whether there is a well or not) i just put them to the smile line. dont know if this is what you are after or not

They are still lowered onto the nail the same as the other tips but with no well, there is no need to click into place and you can place it where you want to place it. As Glynis said, best to place it on the edge as the smiles are quite high and may be in the wrong place if not

Debs said:
They are still lowered onto the nail the same as the other tips but with no well, there is no need to click into place and you can place it where you want to place it. As Glynis said, best to place it on the edge as the smiles are quite high and may be in the wrong place if not
What are they like to use? Honestly???? I loved the shape so would like to give them a go but if they go too high at the side what on earth would you do??

Carole Lindsay said:
What are they like to use? Honestly???? I loved the shape so would like to give them a go but if they go too high at the side what on earth would you do??
I personally don`t like them. I waited ages to get them cos they were sold out at the show when I first wanted them but was very disappointed when I used them.
Antony is the best one to tell you how to use them but if you wanna give them a go, I`ll send you some of mine to try before you buy some.

Debs said:
I personally don`t like them. I waited ages to get them cos they were sold out at the show when I first wanted them but was very disappointed when I used them.
Antony is the best one to tell you how to use them but if you wanna give them a go, I`ll send you some of mine to try before you buy some.
Thanx for the offer but the reason i'm asking is that i got some in my Ezflow kit that arrived today! Why didnt you like 'em?

You need a long nail bed for them to look good and although I have long beds I still felt they didn`t look right and the smile was waaaaaaaaay to deep for me. Give them a go and see what you think yourself, there`s bound to be loads of peeps that do like them. I do love the idea of no well to take out though and no shadowing too

Have to say i would love to try them but they won't work on me as i have quite short nails and the smiles would look strange.

When you do them Caz, you must post an example on here for us to see.

talented talons said:
Have to say i would love to try them but they won't work on me as i have quite short nails and the smiles would look strange.

When you do them Caz, you must post an example on here for us to see.
What do you mean "when", dont you mean "if"????? I'm such a coward arent i???

You need a long nail bed for them to look good and although I have long beds I still felt they didn`t look right and the smile was waaaaaaaaay to deep for me. Give them a go and see what you think yourself, there`s bound to be loads of peeps that do like them. I do love the idea of no well to take out though and no shadowing too
i am assuming you are talking abt the EzFlow perfection french white tips-they are lovely tips
they are better suited to clients who have longer nail bed and they look ab fab when you pinched those c curves
sometimes it is better to over size the tip and reduce the side walls so that the tip looks right as the smile line can look too pointed if you flatten it too much when appling it
i also find that a pair of tweezers (i use EzFlow sani tongs) help to secure the tip corners (the sides of the smile line corners)

Jess

Sparklepink said:
i am assuming you are talking abt the EzFlow perfection french white tips-they are lovely tips
they are better suited to clients who have longer nail bed and they look ab fab when you pinched those c curves
sometimes it is better to over size the tip and reduce the side walls so that the tip looks right as the smile line can look too pointed if you flatten it too much when appling it
i also find that a pair of tweezers (i use EzFlow sani tongs) help to secure the tip corners (the sides of the smile line corners)

Jess
Hi Jess: i know i'm gonna get shouted into a corner here but what do you mean by the expression "when you pinched those c curves"??

Hi carole let us no how u get on with these cos i would like to try them or if u r a coward wait tii the essex meeting

pinching the c curves is when you mold more pronounced curve into the body and barrel of the nail.

now the french tips you are talking about are actually the new classic french - i think!!!! these have a shallower smile line that the perfection french and are suited to more nail beds!!

the application is exactly as stated previously, apply your resin and place on the nail, very sligtly above the natural smile line. as with all white tip applications, the length of the nail bed will determine where the tip is placed, its a purely visual thing

antony

I am so glad this thread came up cos I have a few clients who just love the precision french (ob I'm not talented enough to create this in pink and white so I cheat!!!) What do you do with the large sizes? I don 't thing I,ve used anything biger than a 5or 4?

Adviced appreciated...

antnbuckley said:
pinching the c curves is when you mold more pronounced curve into the body and barrel of the nail.

now the french tips you are talking about are actually the new classic french - i think!!!! these have a shallower smile line that the perfection french and are suited to more nail beds!!

the application is exactly as stated previously, apply your resin and place on the nail, very sligtly above the natural smile line. as with all white tip applications, the length of the nail bed will determine where the tip is placed, its a purely visual thing

antony
I really like the new EZflow Classic french tips, they suit most people and are fab and easy to use. Very flexible and very white and hardly a step to fill in after adhesion........
The other ones are the EZflow precision french tips....extreme smile line, suited for long slim nailbeds..........
Saying that mind, Antony showed me how to tweak this tip in a minute to suit a not so slim nailbed.............and when I got home forgot how to do it lol......
All I remember is size the tip, but go up one size, gently buff in the middle of the smile line, make sure it is even and then adhere to nail, then correct the overhang on the sidewalls.....keeping the sidwalls nice and streamlined.......
Antony help me here...........thats all I can remember xxxx
Pinching the c-curve on the tip is easier if you are using L&P, but a tip if you are using Fibreglass..after adhering the tip to the nail and reducing the length.....brush on the underneath of the tip, a little bit of resin and then pinch it with the nifty tweezers, hold it untill its dry..........there you go a nice c-curved nail....
My input on this xxxx

Carole Lindsay said:
If you get them to high on one side, soak off and start over. They do take some practice, but there are some great shapes available. Just put the smile where you want it, but make sure you are using a quality adhesive, that doesn't break down easily, because you don't have the stop to click into.:D

Carole Lindsay said:
Choose your tip and size it, place it on the nail without the resin and see if it looks ok....a dry run so to speak.......you can reduce the ears a little with a soft file , just like you do when you pre blend........take the tip and gently buff the smile line downwards and away from you....apply soft even pressure .... this way youkeep the smile line balanced......... do this until the tip looks prefect on a dry run on the nail..............

Use a gel type adhesive, it gives you a bit more playing time with the placement and positioning of the tip.............

Then overlay as usual......

HTH

antnbuckley said:

I love the new classic french tips ive even got them on my self right now!!
unfortunately for me i wasnt blessed with fabby long nails so these are just perfect for me- they look wicked with a bit of bubble gum (pink coloured acrylic from the ezflow rainbow candy collection) on top and some boogie nites glitter on the nail bed!!- a bit bright but perfect for any barbie girly.........lol :green:

Jess
xox

I just purchased the Daisy Cutter tips, they are well.less, and pre-etched, here is a toturial if you would like to take a look, i think they look fab

http://groups.msn.com/JustNailz/tutorialdaisycutters.msnw

i hadn't got the chance to try them for myself cause they haven't arrived yet, but as soon as i do i will report to you :)

Prionace said:
I just purchased the Daisy Cutter tips, they are well.less, and pre-etched, here is a toturial if you would like to take a look, i think they look fab

http://groups.msn.com/JustNailz/tutorialdaisycutters.msnw

i hadn't got the chance to try them for myself cause they haven't arrived yet, but as soon as i do i will report to you :)
Hi Susanna: i couldnt get in via that link - it took me to a passport page. Have you got any other link so i can have a look?

Latest posts

Back